Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re delusional if you think we are a genuine Top 8 contender. Both Carlton & GWS would have wiped us off the park if we played them today.
We are around a top 8, bottom few slots, but we arent top 3. Only top 3 will win the flag.

This year depends on what day you turn up, whether you win enough games to squeeze into the 8.

We are top 8, bottom few slots, but we arent top 3. Only top 3 will win the flag.

This year depends on what day you turn up, whether you win enough games to squeeze into the 8.

We’ll miss the 8 this year. But I do welcome the small changes that have been made over the past few weeks. I know the Esava injury was more luck than coaching prowess, but I must applaud the decision to back in Logan Evans, the dropping of Dixon, & playing Marshall further up the ground. These are small steps in the right direction, but we still have a long way to go.

We’ll miss the 8 this year. But I do welcome the small changes that have been made over the past few weeks. I know the Esava injury was more luck than coaching prowess, but I must applaud the decision to back in Logan Evans, the dropping of Dixon, & playing Marshall further up the ground. These are small steps in the right direction, but we still have a long way to go.
Back looks good, midfield too, small forwards and experience in players

Not talking about the GWS tonight?
Clearly you’re happy with Ken.
Clearly you have NEVER slagged off a Port player?
BZT I stated had not played well for 6 weeks, that WAS a fact.
I have seen Port Adelaide win 14 flags so don’t question my loyalty you hypocrite.
Gee you twist things you never said shyt about 6 weeks, you’ve been bashing him all season.
I don’t give a rats about GWS or there coach they can go fk themselves for all I care.
your the one that’s got the love affair for them.
You want a medal for seeing Port win flags?
I’ve lined up for 6 hours to see them not kick a goal till the third qtr 🤪

Fact is you say absolutely zero positive about any of the players while arse licking to any side that wins.
BZT has been our best defender all year,anytime anyone says anything positive about him you jump on like a dog on heat with your Have you seen him play lately BS.
port supporter my arse.

Gee you twist things you never said shyt about 6 weeks, you’ve been bashing him all season.
I don’t give a rats about GWS or there coach they can go fk themselves for all I care.
your the one that’s got the love affair for them.
You want a medal for seeing Port win flags?
I’ve lined up for 6 hours to see them not kick a goal till the third qtr 🤪

Fact is you say absolutely zero positive about any of the players while arse licking to any side that wins.
BZT has been our best defender all year,anytime anyone says anything positive about him you jump on like a dog on heat with your Have you seen him play lately BS.
port supporter my arse.
I haven’t mentioned BZT until last week.
Perhaps you could name a list of posters on here who have never bagged a Port player.
There’s even people on here who wish Port to lose and I ain’t one of them.
Maybe take your medication before you post on here again.

We are around a top 8, bottom few slots, but we arent top 3. Only top 3 will win the flag.

But why top 3? The 3 teams above us challenging for the third spot are Essendon, Fremantle and Geelong and we've beaten all of them.

Up to last night it was looking like it was all about Carlton and Sydney, but Carlton couldn't handle GWS's pressure and Voss looked to have no idea what to do. And GWS lost to Adelaide the previous week.

It's looking like it will rely on Sydney having an off day but anyone that gets on a run in finals could win it.

But why top 3? The 3 teams above us challenging for the third spot are Essendon, Fremantle and Geelong and we've beaten all of them.

Up to last night it was looking like it was all about Carlton and Sydney, but Carlton couldn't handle GWS's pressure and Voss looked to have no idea what to do. And GWS lost to Adelaide the previous week.

It's looking like it will rely on Sydney having an off day but anyone that gets on a run in finals could win it.
Spot on Ford. Other than Sydney at this stage, it is open for any team that hits form at the right time.

I agree it's open for someone to sneak in and take the premiership here, and I reckon with the coaching panel at our disposal and our player's "anyone, anytime" belief our 2013 team is a real shot at it.

Our 2024 team of "things are scary" flaky, badly coached footballers? Nah

Top 3 teams win premierships - 23 of 24 since 2000 ie when the current system started as did 100% full time footballers.

The MCG home ground effect is why 3rd ranked team win a lot of flags ie both teams in a 1st or 2nd v 3rd QF or PF play home games at MCG.

Last edited:
Umpire to Toby Greene: 'Stop,...injured player'

Toby Greene: 'who gives a feck about an injured player?'

Umpire: 'I give'.

LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t mentioned BZT until last week.
Perhaps you could name a list of posters on here who have never bagged a Port player.
There’s even people on here who wish Port to lose and I ain’t one of them.
Maybe take your medication before you post on here again.
If you wasn’t so wrapped up in GWS and there coach you might have noticed BZT had been our best defender all year apart from when he had injury problems.
You can’t see that because you’re not a port supporters bumhole.
That’s my point, negative is all you see in every aspect, anything positive is directed at another club.
Read your own comments, anything directed at Port is negative, anything directed at GWS, Collingwood, Hawthorn and just about any other club is positive.
You think that’s being a port supporter?
You’re the one who needs medication if you believe that.

Andrew Dillon says the standard of AFL umpiring is 'as good as it has ever been'.

Shithouse umpiring exhibit 324A:

Oh wow. This is one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Oh wow. This is one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
I see your sarcasm there Shulzy.

It's true that under the revised rules the umpire can let a shithouse bounce that lands out of the circle to not be called back if he believes both rucks can still contest. And under that revision of the rule Green could and should have let the ball continue on its merry way bouncing towards his own defence line, avoiding any chance of being penalised.

But ffs, the issue here is the crap bounce by the umpire that created the situation. And it keeps happening.

But yeah, best it's ever been.

I see your sarcasm there Shulzy.

It's true that under the revised rules the umpire can let a shithouse bounce that lands out of the circle to not be called back if he believes both rucks can still contest and maybe Green could and should have let the ball continue on its merry way towards his own defence line, avoiding any chance of being penalised.

But ffs, the issue here is the crap bounce by the umpire that created the situation.
Wasn't being sarcastic. Umpire bounced the ball at Green and then blamed Green for contesting it. Genuinely awful stuff.

Jeez the top 7 posession winners are all Dees players.Coming in at no8 is an Eagles defender ,under siege.
Add Simo to the list of Coaches under pressure.Like Bevo and Ken+Nicksy.

RIP Adam Simpson

A reminder that Simpson is contracted until the end of 2025 in a deal worth in the vicinity of $800,000 per season. If West Coast cut ties early, it could cost the club up to $6 million due to the luxury tax they would need to pay on top of any payout.

But if any club can afford the payout and the tax it's West Coast. And surely they will make the move if this rout continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back