Game Day Port vs Richmond - "Yep. Thank you. Have a good day."

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be there. If we win I'll be happy for the players and enjoy the game. If we lose I'll be disappointed for them but probably not shattered. I doubt very much whether Ken's future at the club is going to rest on the last couple of games, I reckon it’s already definitely decided one way or the other so I'd much rather the players finish the season well and have some confidence and optimism going into next year.

Exactly. This game will not decide whether we keep Ken or go after Clarkson or another coach. Hoping for a heavy loss is kind of redundant.

img20220806133624-jpg.1467808

You guys have got this , Richmonds form says when we need a win - We Dont

plus the Port players will be playing to save Ken

I disagree, but if we do get the choccys we’ll at least be able to say we win more than half our games at Adelaide Oval under lights for the first time since, idk, 2015ish?

This threads are getting closer and closer. The longer Ken is here, the closer they'll cut it. It will get to the GameDay thread not being started until the bounce.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhhhhh the old 3 dead rubber season review

Hahaha, yeah when I think about how I'll judge Ports 2022, I often think to myself I will judge us on our performance in 3 dead rubbers against teams in the bottom half of the ladder.

I mean top 8, top 4, premierships, those things are nice, but I really want to see a team that wins when it doesn't count.

Last edited:
It’s a weird one.

We have the 2014 EF, R4 2021 with no one left on the bench etc.

They have the 2020 PF, Kane Cornes 300th, VFL team beating us in R4 2019 etc.

With the draw at the end of the Primus/Hocking era serving as the singularity from whence it all came

Hahaha, yeah when I think about how I'll judge Ports 2022, I often think to myself I will judge us on our performance in 3 dead rubbers against teams in the bottom half of the ladder.

I mean top 8, top 4, premierships, those things are nice, but I really want to see a team that wins when it doesn't count.
Thunderclod derp

Ahhhhhh the old 3 dead rubber season review

Of all the words I can think of to describe this season, "frustrating" isn't one of them. That would imply significant factors out of our control, which is a long way from reality.

Yeah we've had injuries and covid at bad times, but who hasn't??

Didn't Riewoldt win the Coleman that day? I remember thinking that's the only honour he'd finish his career with...

Sure did, and for a further plot twist, Trent Cotchin got the 3 votes to ultimately tie with Sam Mitchell for the No-Jobe Brownlow

Of all the words I can think of to describe this season, "frustrating" isn't one of them. That would imply significant factors out of our control, which is a long way from reality.

Yeah we've had injuries and covid at bad times, but who hasn't??
Honestly I reckon if you were to put our injuries in context, ie weighting outs by age and injury history, I think we have probably been one of the luckiest sides this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back