+ Jack Darling, about from that miss, played alright
+ Dom Sheed played well
+ Sam Mitchell played well
+ Brad Sheppard played great
+ Nathan Vardy and Drew Petrie competed well
+ Karpany had his moments
+ Yeo played well
+ McGovern played well
+ Moose1414 is now using his essay powers for good.
+ FiveStrings is going to drive his car into the Swan River

Negatives:
- Lost a game that was ripe for the taking
- Our outs cost us dearly - Shuey provides half the midfields speed and JK in the last was a major blow
- Will Schofield played poorly
- Priddis needs a rest.

Last edited:
Positives:
+ Lewis Jetta had an excellent game
+ Dom Sheed played well
+ Yeo played well
+ McGovern played well

Negatives:
- Our outs cost us dearly - Shuey provides half the midfields speed and JK in the last was a major blow
- Priddis needs a rest.
- A ******* vent thread was made for an honourable loss. ThePuma #9 hates the team he supports.
Care to look at the GWS injury list? They would have flogged us with half those players back in.

And why cant we vent? There are plenty of frustrations we have with the side, we have every right to feel disappointed with this loss.

+ Jettas effort. Didnt care if he got 20 or 30 possesions, just wanted to see him have a crack which he did
+ thought karpany played a good game considering it was only his second
+ sheed got some solid midfield minutes and got plenty of the footy and used it well. Shuey and sheed will complement each other well once priddis and mitchell move on

- JK injury
- schofield made some poor decisions, but at least he took the game on.
- think duggan is being played out of position. If he was played somewhere he had the ability to influence the game he would be going alot better

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Care to look at the GWS injury list? They would have flogged us with half those players back in.

And why cant we vent? There are plenty of frustrations we have with the side, we have every right to feel disappointed with this loss.
Don't agree. With both teams at full strength I think we gain more than the Giants do- their depth is crazy, they have to lose players to fit those ones in. Our players in makes us structurally a lot better, and we all know we have a lot of players who play significantly better with less pressure.

This isn't a match that deserved a vent thread.

That was probably Jetta's best game of footy in a good few years.

Imagine my smug grin
128911.jpg

Don't agree. With both teams at full strength I think we gain more than the Giants do- their depth is crazy, they have to lose players to fit those ones in. Our players in makes us structurally a lot better, and we all know we have a lot of players who play significantly better with less pressure.

This isn't a match that deserved a vent thread.
I just think we cant use the Shuey was out excuse, as they had some good players missing too.

Venting is also a good way of getting things off your chest. People are always emotionally charged after a game, especially a loss.

I just think we cant use the Shuey was out excuse, as they had some good players missing too.

Venting is also a good way of getting things off your chest. People are always emotionally charged after a game, especially a loss.

But as Quinz said, this isn't the sort of match you vent after. While they may have been missing a plethrough of players their depth is so ridiculously deep that it really cancels it out.

Our outs are 10x bigger then theirs.

Positives:
+ Lewis Jetta had an excellent game
+ Dom Sheed played well
+ Yeo played well
+ McGovern played well

Negatives:
- Priddis needs a rest.
- A ******* vent thread was made for an honourable loss. ThePuma #9 hates the team he supports.
a positive being a guy player alright is pretty terrible. He did ok so that's a positive is shithouse.
Priddis needs a room at the nearest National Lifestyle Village.

They have more players out, yet our outs are bigger then theirs? :huh:
No NicNat or Shuey, plus Kennedy for the last half of the final qtr.
AFL player ratings consider NicNat and Shuey both top-20 players in the comp, and Kennedy is the reigning B2B Coleman Medalist.

Credit to GWS for being so un-reliant on a few players (Concession bullshit).

West Coast was considered substantially weaker BEFORE LeCras and Shuey were replaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, the GWS side has incredible depth and they don't lose as much from their injuries as we do because our depth isn't anywhere near as good. Haynes and Scully are huge losses for them as well as Coniglio but the rest are on the fringes of their lineup and their replacements don't make their team a whole lot worse as a whole. Overall the injuries roughly evened themselves out (maybe GWS were a bit more disadvantaged) so the game was about a fair reflection of where each team sits and I thought we were ok considering how good GWS are when they turn it on.

Clearly we're a middle of the road side at the moment as our midfield simply isn't up to it. Some seriously good recruiting needs to be done in there if were going to challenge in the next 5 years. As for the positives, i thought some of the younger guys stood up today which was really good to see.

Sheed has really lifted since returning from the WAFL and he looks ready to step up into the bracket of high quality midfielders in the league. His hands in close are superb and he will only get better in that department. His kicking is exceptional when he gets time, his kick to JD in the last quarter showed that. He's fast becoming one of our best kicks going into the forward 50.

Nelson continued to show promise and I thought he played a solid game, aside from his brain lapse when he got caught holding the ball. He should be given the year to try and build some solid form and hopefully next year he can perhaps transition into the midfield because i think he has potential to do that.

Yeo continues to build on his outstanding form. He really is becoming a superstar in our lineup and hopefully he can start to really stand up in heavy losing sides when we need him to because that continues to be his major downfall. If he can keep performing the way he has been at home, he may just end up being the top 20 player in the comp superstar we thought he may become after 2015.

Those three are my big 3 positives from the game because i feel that where we sit currently, we desperately need young guys to start elevating themselves to the next level because our current list will not win us a flag. Partington/Mutimer have to come in for Duggan, he's had his chance and he just still doesn't look like hes quite there at the moment.

We should be proud of the effort of the boys against a quality GWS side, I don't think you can fault there intent today and there's no shame in not being the better side. It was a terrific effort to finish within 8 points of them considering how we got smashed in the middle. I'm actually extremely excited for the game next week. We have a terrific chance to put in a solid performance on the road and hopefully we can witness the further emergence of some of our young talent. No JK will be tough but I guess it opens the door to try some new things.

Positives

Jetta- Great game , amazing what can happen if they look for him and get him the ball in the right places.
Shepperd- Kept battling all day.
Vardy and Petrie- Went ok in the middle, won there fair share of hit outs, just a shame we didn't have the mids to more damage with them.

Negatives

Tackling- I've seen under twelves stick harder tackles

Mental toughness- This is the softest Eagles squad i have seen, and it starts at the top, we can all see Priddis is gone, but do you think the coach will do anything, i don't he hasn't got the nuts. People having a crack at Darling when he missed that goal, giving his recent efforts when the heat is on i doubt Kennedy would have kicked it either. Then Cripps misses a relatively easy one running to an open goal, we have no one who will stand up when it matters. Hurn is the worst captain we have had by a mile, Gov constantly turns it over with dinky little kicks that result in goals, what does our captain do, goes and pats him on the arse, where as a few weeks ago Phil Davis rips into a team mate because of poor efforts, wether you agree with that action or not, at least it shows he has some fire and doesn't want to see crap efforts, and is trying to light a fire under his team mates.

Coaching- Why leave them with a loose man in our forward line when it's clear that player has been told to double up on our biggest weapon- Kennedy, Josh battles so hard just to get a kick now because off the double and triple teaming.

Positives: Jetta

Negatives: having to read the gws outs vs our outs in every thread.

22v22 that's all it came down to. Ours is worse than theirs.

Mitchell first goal as an Eagle was nice and came at a good time. Hutchings was good too and Karpany nearly got a beauty at the end that would have had us praising him had it gone a few metres to the left. Jetta great too, we still missed Shuey a lot but it felt like he tried to step up to help on the outside which definitely helped keep us in the game.

I feel like the result was a fair reflection of where we are. Right now, we'd need too many things to go right (lack of injuries, perfect end-of-season ladder order, weather) to have a real shot at a flag, so I would like to see us rotate out our 2nd tier players (LeCras, Masten, Schofield, Cripps, and occasionally Priddis, Mitchell, Hutchings & Wellingham) in favor of some of our younger players, though I feel there is value in trying to stick to no more than 2-3 changes per week, if that.

On Yeo - I have mixed feelings about Yeo. Fantastic athlete, and has really become much better at reading the play to get to where the ball is. However, his decision making and disposal just seems to hurt as us much as his taking possession can help us. I'm bullish, but I hope that this is more of a phase where he is getting required experience rather than a show of how good he can be, because if he plateaued here I feel like he'd be a bit like Priddis in that he plays a valuable role, and plays it well, but also opens up a weakness in the side.

Need Nelson to be shifted into the middle or atleast become a rotation. We seriously lack some speed and mongrel and Nelly brings us a p.o.d. that means sending Duggan back to wafl. But this time around play Duggan as hbf/mid.

+ Jetta was great and Karpany contributed
+ We stayed close until the end.

- Same problems as usual, I'll give you two guess which group is the weakest.
- GWS had 26 blokes to choose from and were still pretty dominant against close to our best 22.
- Without our backline we would be in the bottom 8 for sure by now.

I think I have finally accepted we just do not have the cattle at the moment to be a great team. At least my wife gets me back on game day.

Not the greatests game for him but pleased to see masto lay to huge tackles in our defensive half in the last qt. One was at stoppage in our d50 and he nailed shield or ward ND both blokes aren't easy to bring down.

+ Jetta was great and Karpany contributed
+ We stayed close until the end.

- Same problems as usual, I'll give you two guess which group is the weakest.
- GWS had 26 blokes to choose from and were still pretty dominant against close to our best 22.
- Without our backline we would be in the bottom 8 for sure by now.

I think I have finally accepted we just do not have the cattle at the moment to be a great team. At least my wife gets me back on game day.
Gws is the only club that can cover 10 b22 and be more than competitive. We had 4 including 2 of of our most important players out. You take a sloane/jacobs out for Adelaide and they wouldnt walk over gws and might even lose more than we did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back