Review Post-match discussion vs Bombers [39 point loss]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of negatives no point me discussing them but I just have 1 question.

Why the hell did Goldstein play out the game with 1 arm? He couldn't do anything I understand we lost cunnington for a while etc but surely we would have been better off playing 1 less on the bench and throwing Petrie in the ruck not like he provided anything up forward anyways

Positives:
Lindsay

we somehow managed to only lost by 39

Negatives:
everything else

We butchered about 5 easy fast break goals

why the **** did we only use 87 substitutions when we usually use 140 and the limit now is 120

Watching players lose one on one, over and over again, is really disheartening stuff. Too many players showed no hunger or ability to win the pill, or work to recieve the bloody thing.

Absolutely destroyed in the uncontested possessions. Couldn't get the footy and when we did we looked slow, made bad decisions and had no structure forward of the ball. We were out muscled by a quicker stronger more committed better coached side. The * looked so much more classy and polished that its not funny.

Saw this coming, we start so poor every year. Need to pick up some early wins the first 9 rounds or we'll be chasing tail.
Smashed in disposals, marks, clearances and contested possessions. Missed Swallow and Tarrant.

Positive: Lmac played ok after early nerves and turnover

Negative: some explaining needs to be made as to why we had a one armed ruck men risking further injury on the park all game.

BS has 6 weeks to prove to me that he can take this list deep into September

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just move on Scott and we will be fine. We have quality players, our structure is pathetic.

Thompson is a quality coach.

Our players need a rocket also, just so many pretenders. Maybe they can laugh over it Monday morning like usual via NM website.

It's round 1, not end of the world but we were too bad to even think could happen.

Positives - Through scarcity, I learnt the true value of a possession.

Negatives - I will hit Bigfooty's maximum post size before I get half way through my criticism of the steaming turd that was our performance tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whole team looked flat tonight, didn't look anywhere near as smooth as the Geelong practice match, not sure what is going on here that we couldn't get fired up for the first game of the season (and haven't for the last 5 years now). Only positives were Lindsay Thomas, LMac looked OK and Adams had an impact . Rest of the team played well below their abilities.

Petrie in particular was completely blanketed and didn't show any sign of being able to impact the match.

Chappy spoke about putting the acid on each other after a poor preseason, I hope that actually hasn't happened for us yet because that would've been a dismal response.

Gotta fire up next week or we're going to be embarrassed (further) against a good contested ball side in the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abysmal. Gibson, McMahon, Wright, McKenzie particularly bad. Wright had two opportunities to open up a lead and blew them both. Eerily familiar. Atley have a shot when you're running into the forward line.
Ziebell had a shocker. Petrie had a shocker. Aaron Black unsighted apart from one nice goal. Wells unable to get into the game. Surely we are not this bad. I know we're not - yeah??
If the year continues in this vein then you'd have to have a serious think about whether we need to "go backwards to go forwards."

Some of the coaching decisions were mind blowingly shit.

Play a 1st gamer last line of defence on Chapman, Watson, Goddard....... right................................ instantly finds the ball when moved up the ground. I mean, why the **** was McMahon even in the team if not to play this role?!?!

Let them have their hit up kicks, absolutely pressure-less all the way up to our defensive 50, let them push numbers up, put our tall backs under pressure and lock it in.

On the complete opposite, we were intent on absolute run and gun, meaning we had absolutely none in our F50 to lock the ball in when it was down there, and it came straight out.

Midfield pressure was actually absolutely embarrassing.

You reckon they'd get the ****ing clue with guys like Atley and McKenzie during pre-season, and every other ****ing game they have played in the last 2 years, that they struggle to rack up numbers. I will repeat myself for the 600th time, YOU CANT CARRY GUYS WHO GET UNDER 15 POSSESSIONS A GAME IN A MODERN MIDFIELD.

Mullett was ridiculously underdone. Grima ridiculously underdone.

Patch, sensational when he came on, I want him in the center square next week.
Lindsay sensational. Goldstein was unreal considering the state he was in, that shoulder looks like a couple of weeks.

We have Leigh Tudor and Gavin brown as assistant coaches, Brad Scott would want to perform this year. I don't care how long his contract is. We were dominated in every aspect today. Only a small few can hold their heads up.

LT is a gun.

Wright, Gibson, McKenzie, Atley, Bastinac, Ziebell, McMahon, Petrie were horrible tonight.

I have never seen us play as weak as that

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just round one... bullshit. If we are a top 8 side, you dont lose your first game by 30+ pts. Lindsay is a gun and I think he was the shining light yet again after a poor performance by the team. I'm starting to think that GWS are better than us and harder than us... they deserve a spot in the 8 at the moment and we look like shit. Mark Thompson had a clear strategy that would stop our run, play keepings off and strangle the space to run in. Looks like north has fixed nothing from 2013. FFS NORTH take off Goldstein if he is not 100%! The poor bloke couldnt even lift his arm!

As we all know we were nothing short of disgraceful.
Nothing has changed. After a pre-season committed to fixing our deficiencies, we dish up the same stuff.......in fact I don't think we put in a performance that bad last year.
We also need to pay credit to Ess as they played the way every team should in Round 1, with passion and heart.....something we could learn from!!!!

Positive i forgot ..... we get to hear its just an abhoration and we know what we need to do, its easily fixed and all due to a heavy workload at trainning.

87 interchanges
-159 possession count
-44 contested possession
-22 clearences
-86 marks

Cant wait to see the presser after this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back