Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you define as Western Sydney? Eastern Suburbs dudes often say anything west of the CBD is Western Sydney.

But if it’s the fastest way to get from the CBD to the Hills District I dare say it’s also the fastest way to get to Parramatta, Blacktown, Penrith et al.
I loosely defined it as anything West of Baulkham Hills. All the places you point to are fastest via Parra Road (at least according to Google Maps).

Regardless, I think we can all agree it is a stupid bridge to have a battle over in the context of GWS vs Sydney!

I loosely defined it as anything West of Baulkham Hills. All the places you point to are fastest via Parra Road (at least according to Google Maps).

Regardless, I think we can all agree it is a stupid bridge to have a battle over in the context of GWS vs Sydney!
Definitely agree with your last sentence.

I'm Inner West, so it is most certainly the quickest way home, at least to any part of the inner west north of Parramatta Road. But even parts south of Parramatta Road are probably most easily reached via the ANZAC Bridge, especially now that Rozelle Interchange is no longer a building site.

If I want to walk to the city I'll take the ANZAC Bridge. It takes me about 20 mins to get to the start of the approach to the bridge (from the western end), and about another 15 mins to walk the length of the approach plus the bridge. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes to walk from the city end of the bridge to the CBD because I usually walk round the perimeter of Pyrmont, but I'm guessing it's around 15 mins. In other words, the city end of the bridge is practically in the CBD.

I'm Inner West, so it is most certainly the quickest way home, at least to any part of the inner west north of Parramatta Road. But even parts south of Parramatta Road are probably most easily reached via the ANZAC Bridge, especially now that Rozelle Interchange is no longer a building site.

If I want to walk to the city I'll take the ANZAC Bridge. It takes me about 20 mins to get to the start of the approach to the bridge (from the western end), and about another 15 mins to walk the length of the approach plus the bridge. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes to walk from the city end of the bridge to the CBD because I usually walk round the perimeter of Pyrmont, but I'm guessing it's around 15 mins. In other words, the city end of the bridge is practically in the CBD.
15 minutes walk from the memorial that marks the start of the western side of the bridge to where the pedestrian exit drops down next to the fish market in Pyrmont if you call that part of the CBD. Personally I think you need to walk another 20 minutes over Pyrmont Bridge to the base of Market St.
In any case "The Battle of the Bridge" is a complete nonsense confected by journos.

15 minutes walk from the memorial that marks the start of the western side of the bridge to where the pedestrian exit drops down next to the fish market in Pyrmont if you call that part of the CBD. Personally I think you need to walk another 20 minutes over Pyrmont Bridge to the base of Market St.
In any case "The Battle of the Bridge" is a complete nonsense confected by journos.
I walk quite quickly- especially for someone with short legs!

I’m very happy to claim inner west as Bloods heartland :)

GWS can compete for fans with us west of Parramatta, but not one inch eastward from there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching the Horse presser today at the club and once that finished this video came on randomly which I do recall (even features TDL)...how many takes before the final version though? :smile:

When Goodes appeared, I was like, his intro was so professional, sounded like a natural while others sounded unsure of themselves. And then he kicks it and basically hits the bullseye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back