Powa get 1st Showdown at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus.

So much whinging. One side was always going to be disappointed. Trigg complaining and carrying on isn't helping to improve his image. He should be on the front foot saying how you guys are planning to win the game, aiming to sell out the match the week after (doesn't really need to work on that), as well planning to secure another marquee game (i.e ANZAC Day)

The team that has earned the right to host such a marquee game is the AFC.
!

How has AFC earned the right? Neither club has earned the right. It makes sense as both Showdowns will be sold out.

If you want anything to go by - AFC hosted the first round (Friday night against ESS). Perhaps it should alternate every year?

Jesus.

So much whinging. One side was always going to be disappointed. Trigg complaining and carrying on isn't helping to improve his image. He should be on the front foot saying how you guys are planning to win the game, aiming to sell out the match the week after (doesn't really need to work on that), as well planning to secure another marquee game (i.e ANZAC Day)

How has AFC earned the right? Neither club has earned the right. It makes sense as both Showdowns will be sold out.

If you want anything to go by - AFC hosted the first Showdown last year and also the first round (Friday night against ESS). Perhaps it should alternate every year?

Hey Port fan,

**** OFF! Your board is down below.

Nothing to get too concerned about - the AFL are simply taking pity on the Power who will still struggle for crowds are adelaide oval. The new stadium will be great but it will not change the fact that Poort are just not a very interesting club which attracts good crowds.

Hey Port fan,

**** OFF! Your board is down below.

I like how they can't handle when they read something on the Adelaide board.. And just can't resist it..

Computer+Rage.gif

The times I do look at other boards and have a look at theirs and see something a bit off, I simply have a wry smile, *shake head* and move on.. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not overly fussed. Is it round 1?

Will probably play the first 2 games there then.
Let the la las have it, will be their only sell out.

Jesus.

If you want anything to go by - AFC hosted the first round (Friday night against ESS). Perhaps it should alternate every year?

Good to see you edited this after you realised that Port hosted the first showdown last year. Now it reads like a joke as the showdown wont be the opening round of the year since the AFL season will begin before AO is ready to be used.

Thats it . They might be hosting the game but adelaide oval is the home of the AFC

Their home is that ghost town alberton.

Just announced. I reckon we should boycott this one and let them bring out the bay covers. Up yours AFL.

Not that I care, obviously trigg does though and so too the AFC (and Port supporters judging by thier board at the moment), its yet another loss for Triggy though, thank goodness we kept this master stroke of a CEO around for the curcial AO negotiations. Everything this guy touches turns to shit.

I don't care at all about this decision.

I do care if the ANZAC day/night game isn't a regular fixtures or us.
Why should it be a regular fixture for you? Fine that you get it in 2014, but it should alternate, or as an incentive, go to the team that finished higher the previous season.

Why should it be a regular fixture for you? Fine that you get it in 2014, but it should alternate, or as an incentive, go to the team that finished higher the previous season.

Nah, it must go to the team that can fill the stadium....and that never will be your mob.

Rob chapman didnt care who had the game. Heard him say as much on the radio 6 months ago. I tend to agree. It only matters who wins it.

Im more anti trigg than most ppl. This one im not too fussed. Let the baby have its bottle.

Cause bay covers would look terrible.

Because after the way your club has shown no fighting spirit over the last 6 years or so, how you showed no fight in the 07 GF or against GCS and GWS it would be an insult to have you guys play on ANZAC day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Powa get 1st Showdown at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back