Pre-season training. Bring it on! - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

and a lap is 400m/500m ?? sorry just trying to do some comparisons, I have a mild interest in middle distance running.
I'm fat & slow :D so 5min of running for me would be lucky to make 1km.

and a lap is 400m/500m ?? sorry just trying to do some comparisons, I have a mild interest in middle distance running.
I'm fat & slow :D so 5min of running for me would be lucky to make 1km.

If I ran for 5 minutes, I'd be in intensive care at the Ashford.

Most ovals are about 400m, but it depends on the oval as there's no standard measurement. MCG, and most other AFL playing fields, are larger than the standard ovals we have at parks etc. Upwards of 700m (I believe) Not sure what MBR is. I'd say being an AFL affiliated oval, it's larger.

Based on VB doing sub 10 3km runs, he should be getting to at least 1.6, more likely pushing the 2km barrier.

If he does 2km, then assuming Allefgib's 3 and 1/3 laps is on the money, then the oval would need to be 600 m.

Most ovals are about 400m, but it depends on the oval as there's no standard measurement. MCG, and most other AFL playing fields, are larger than the standard ovals we have at parks etc. Upwards of 700m (I believe) Not sure what MBR is. I'd say being an AFL affiliated oval, it's larger.

Based on VB doing sub 10 3km runs, he should be getting to at least 1.6, more likely pushing the 2km barrier.

If he does 2km, then assuming Allefgib's 3 and 1/3 laps is on the money, then the oval would need to be 600 m.

Thanks mate. I was going to walk around Max Basheer step by step and measure it. There goes that plan.:(:mad:.

They've got a special oval marked out for their running, not sure of its circumference, I think it's bigger than 400 though.

You can use this to measure how size of the oval: http://www.geodistance.com/

Have we done any 3km runs? Always interesting to see the actual times our players get compared to their previous season but from the sounds of it we haven't done any yet, choosing to do the 5min runs instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pffft, I used to be able to do well under 5min for 1500m and I was only a little bit above average, VB and most of the squad should be able to smash that.

Hey bigfella, how did VB actually look in the drills? I think its great that he can run around an oval, but his work in the contested drills is far me important for me. I mean didn't Kane Cornes beat both VB and Birdmans times for the 3 km time trial and then followed up with probably his worse season?

Hey bigfella, how did VB actually look in the drills? I think its great that he can run around an oval, but his work in the contested drills is far me important for me. I mean didn't Kane Cornes beat both VB and Birdmans times for the 3 km time trial and then followed up with probably his worse season?
Yeah something I'd be interested in hearing about that as well. I think Van Berlo really stood up once Bickley gave him a chance as a full time midfielder last year and it's where I hope we see him playing full time again this year. With how much he can run all day he really shouldn't struggle to find plenty of the ball, would love to see him average 26+ disposals a game next year which I really don't think should be beyond him.

On www.nearmap.com, I make it 483.5m, if they run on the boundary line. 3.33 laps would therefore be 1610m.

The only thing that has ever stopped vb looking good at training is injuries r recovery. He looks great ATM. Wasn't as visibly, or audibly, physical as the likes of tips and bling but moving well and doing everything right.

So did Scottie Stevens whenever I saw him train FYI..

Vbs kicking on the Friday was very good. Vince was a class above again, ESP the longer kicks. Mackay was v good and low but typically shorter in length.Brody was a mixed bag, had his little sprays the others typically didn't.

According to twitter Andy Otten "jagged" his "shit knee" a little at training "but all good just irritated it a little".

Andy Otten via twitter said:
Scans all clear!!! Dodged a bullet very happy. Few days off to let it settle and back into it next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-season training. Bring it on! - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back