Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

In Jed & Clarke
Out LT & one of Gibson,Atley or Swallow
I doubt Swallow will be dropped until finals are mathematically impossible.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jack didn't come up.. he looked sore
unlikely clarke will come in if higgo is declared fit i would imagine.
i also think swallow actually wont be dropped due to his season high contested possessions against freo.
LT our for Wagner in is prolly a more likely like for like change if the MC were to pull the trigger, again i dont believe they are inclined to do so.

When you cant understand why someone acts the way they do there are only a few explanations. Im choosing to go with the most likely. The club and those involved in the decisions it makes are just aiming at different goal posts than i thought. Their actions make more sense when i shift perspective. Their short term goals arent wins, i hope. In this light my frustrations and tv remote crushing anger have dissipated.
Its less annoying questioning the clubs goals than its ability to ahieve them. The only problem i forsee is should i be sad if/when we win?

I can only do this coz i think they went hard for a flag in recent years, i think it was the right call and given the circumstances i reckon they did an alright, not great, job of it. I think Brad and the selection committee are better equiped to kick their goals this year.

The Scotts apologists make me laugh. Forget about the idea that playing too many kids may be costly. How abouts simply picking our best side regardless of age? And here ye is a tip. Thomas and Swallow ain't in that best side at the minute. :stern look

The Scotts apologists make me laugh. Forget about the idea that playing too many kids may be costly. How abouts simply picking our best side regardless of age? And here ye is a tip. Thomas and Swallow ain't in that best side at the minute. :stern look

I think this is all the supporter base are asking.

We can cop the losses if we know players are being picked on form.

Clarke and Mountford should of played at least half of the games so far. Clarke had a quiet game and was rightfully dropped. Should of been straight back in on merit though.

Played much better in the second half. Almost no chance he gets dropped but he is on my list and could do with a arse kicking.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Should not be playing in the last lines of defence - goes forward and gets a goal....hah - all a bit frustrating when this stuff just seems so obvious from the outside. He has been playing for 6 years now - who other than Brad thinks he is a lock down small defender.

Should not be playing in the last lines of defence - goes forward and gets a goal....hah - all a bit frustrating when this stuff just seems so obvious from the outside. He has been playing for 6 years now - who other than Brad thinks he is a lock down small defender.

Agreed .. Also Lmac looks so much better when playing on the wing.

true, but who's arguing the point? The debate is about the merit of different players. After this week I'd give Thomas a rest, and Swallow needs phasing out. In his place we need someone who can kick. I'd select Mountford.

What if...

The downside of bringing in Clark et al for an extended run, having them show their potential, start to gel together and scratching together another ok season, is greater than the upside. Is that even possible do you think?

OUT: Swallow, Thomas; plus expecting Goldie and/ or Brown to be injured
IN: Clarke, Anderson, Preuss

One more week for Gibson, Thompson and Hansens (only because Durdin reportedly had a bad game in the VFL)

Time for a change now.
Out Gibson, Swallow, LT
In Higgins, Anderson, Clarke.
Higgins to take Gibson's spot. With Anderson & Clarke playing good form in the VFL as mid and forward, can take LT & Swallow spot.

So if I'm reading this forum straight many are suggesting that LT and Swallow should be dropped. I wonder if the coach will have the balls to make the Hard Call on 2 great serpents of our club. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of Goldy out Preuss in if Goldy is injured.

I can't believe people think Preuss can come in and do it alone when Goldy is struggling to do likewise. Brown has a geriatric knee to boot.

I know Majak isn't on our list anymore, but he is the type of player we need because we need a decent ruck partner for Preuss and someone who opposition sides think might actually mark in a contested situation.

This is where not having Petrie or Daw this year hurts a little.

Nothing will change unfortunately

LT will never be dropped even though it seems like he is begging for a break. Brads presser confirmed that they will just keep working with him even though he is getting worse and worse. How is this fair on him?

Swallow can't kick. At all. He has been getting drilled in the media about his numbers and his negative impact on the game. I feel sorry for him to be honest but he is stinking it up

I am absolutely sick of Goldy. He was one of the best ruckman we have ever seen early last year but ever since he was injured I can't remember the last time he had a all round game. He was smashed by Sandilands and in the contest is the softest player on our list. I cringe every time he gets pushed out by the hips and offers no second contest. Massive issue is Brad will push him to play when clearly his ankle is NOT RIGHT. Yes, he was forced back on but are you kidding me, he should play next week when we have a fit replacement?

Out of the detriment on team just these 3 players if replaced by someone in better form, who knows, maybe that could make the difference in us winning these close ones. But yes... we will never know which is why I think a lot of supporters are out with pitch forks

This is unfair to the development of north and unfair to the confidence of these veterans

Ins: pruess
Out: EVW

That's all that will happen lol

Thomas crap player, always has been a dirty sniper cheat and fraud.
Here was me thinking Lindsay was just in poor form and could no longer justify being selected.

How wrong I was - his faults clearly run much, much deeper. A BF poster - albeit a "St Kilda supporter" said so.

Footy post Wells, Boomer, Petrie, Dal and Spud was always going to be hard. We win the close ones and things look a lot better. But we didn't and that wasn't because of luck, it's because of a greater issue at work but I'm hoping it can be worked out in time. Going to take some time to adapt to playing without two game breakers and three players that shored up the three parts of the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back