Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Western Bulldogs (Good Friday Footy!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
external

media conference tomorrow .. looks like a loser as usual.

Sorr
10 goal loss minimum

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry Moti, but that's pathetic.

We have waited 30 years for a marquee game.

We may or may not win, but I have no doubt the jumper will be done proud tomorrow.

P.S. To secure Good Friday, youth be damned. Our best 22 as of tomorrow. End of.

I would argue that our best chance to keep this good Friday slot would be to show the competition an exciting new team full of youth and exuberance with a really attacking game plan.

Instead we will deliver half a game and then have to watch our ridiculously slow midfield and even slower defenders chasing the dogs all over the ground.

I'm also looking forward to Brown and Goldy chasing Johanisen and Murphy out of the forward line.

At least we will have the aerial dominance!

Yeah, thanks to naturally north for conditioning me to expect the absolute garbage call that is Thompson in for Durdin. Saved me a lot of frustration this evening. Cheers.

Doesn't make it a better decision though. Scott has moved into the realm of actively damaging our future prospects, if he wasn't there already. There is no acceptable justification for bringing Thompson straight back and keeping Swallow in a role that is better suited to the young player he has just dropped. The sooner he is gone the better.
Nice call naturally north. Spot on with the info you had.

Shame it's shithouse info in it's accuracy....

Sorry dudes but yeah................... sad times.

I would argue that our best chance to keep this good Friday slot would be to show the competition an exciting new team full of youth and exuberance with a really attacking game plan.

Instead we will deliver half a game and then have to watch our ridiculously slow midfield and even slower defenders chasing the dogs all over the ground.

I'm also looking forward to Brown and Goldy chasing Johanisen and Murphy out of the forward line.

At least we will have the aerial dominance!
Well selection is done and dusted now - we will all see how it pans out tomorrow - it's going to be a day to remember and i expect a huge effort from the boys young and old. I still think we can win - i have seen us dig deep over the decades to win important and symbolic games like this one.

How can a team in rebuild mode justify playing Thompson and swallow over Durdin and Clarke?
Big game experience would do them wonders
The kids know one bad game your out, while experienced players get a month
It can be justified by putting on a good show and securing a marquee event for the future.

This is NOT a low key game suited to mindless tanking...

Last edited:
Are we gifting games if we played Durdin and Clarke this week?
I'm asking this because I'm tryna justify their omissions.
Why can't we tell a Mountford, a Hibberd, a Durdin, a Clarke that you are in the team and you will get 'x' amount of weeks to perform.

This one game in one game out bullshit proves what? These kids are the future.

God it pisses me off even thinking about it.

No now we are between a rock and hard place where the end of last year we decided to go to that hard place but chickened out. Pathetic that Thompson the Jib gets a game in front of Durdin. I am absolutley livid at this weak and spineless approach by the club.

Yes we are indeed now between a rock and hard place as we continue on this path of mediocrity.

No the rock and hard place is whether or not this club and it's supporters has the balls to be 18/17/16 for three or more years with kids or less ...or try for a mixture of youth and inexperience which is what this Coaching group are evidently trying to achieve at the early part of the year.

The reason we are on the position we are is 15 years of middle of the road ladder positions by never going down the inexperienced path for a full rebuild.

To blame Scotts for that...when he inherited most of the list from the Duff/Jyd era is a bit rich.

The proof of whether Scotts can do anything with what he has overseen the past 7 years at the draft table will only be evident at the least by the end of 2018....and that depends upon all of them not having anymore injuries that have stagnated their careers.

I find it embarrassing that after round 1 Ross the Boss threw the onus onto his senior players to perform. They proceeded to get belted by Port. After that Rossy told his leadership group to f themselves and he played the kids.
Massive win against the reigning premier resulted.

We play that losing team tomoro. I mean the current formula to beat the dogs is youth and we do the ****ing opposite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No the rock and hard place is whether or not this club and it's supporters has the balls to be 18/17/16 for three or more years with kids or less ...or try for a mixture of youth and inexperience which is what this Coaching group are evidently trying to achieve at the early part of the year.

The reason we are on the position we are is 15 years of middle of the road ladder positions by never going down the inexperienced path for a full rebuild.

To blame Scotts for that...when he inherited most of the list from the Duff/Jyd era is a bit rich.

The proof of whether Scotts can do anything with what he has overseen the past 7 years at the draft table will only be evident at the least by the end of 2018....and that depends upon all of them not having anymore injuries that have stagnated their careers.
Very generous i would have thought - you are saying Scott needs 10 years plus an injury free list for us to say whether he is any good? i'd like to have that contract.

Gee I'm not happy. The way that Brad treats these younger players, and how much he looks after these guys who are well past it is just annoying. Scott Thompson and Andrew Swallow are absolutely getting a free ride whilst guys like Vickers Willis, Durdin, Clarke, Mountford, Anderson should be getting games.

God I'm glad we wasted a first round pick on Anderson so he can rot in the two's whilst we play a slow, out of touch plodder. Even if Anderson doesn't pan out atleast give him a chance to see.

This is where you do not understand. We are not fielding a young side, in fact we will be fielding one of the oldest. We have soooo many senior players and only 1 is considered A grade and that's Goldy and he should be playing at Werribee. Dropping 4 of them will still leave 10 plodders to show the way for the younguns.

Get a grip. We need to win this game or put up a great fight to cement future good Friday games. Thommo is better than Durdin right now. Yes Spitta is cooked but this guy is a club champion and former captain. With all the media coverage and negative assessments of his form he now has to prove he still has it. We might just get his last match winning performance tomorrow. The kids will get a go in coming weeks but right now we need to win this game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When's the last time he had a match winning performance? Must of been years.

I've said this before and I'll say this again. This all stems back to when Jame Brayshaws extended Scotts Contract for no good reason. Look where we are at now! :stern look
I've always had a different view on JB to you, but that wasn't on decision that was completely F***ed.

This shouldn't be about young players vs old.

It should be fit and in form players vs unfit and out of form.

To my untrained eye there is at least two players woefully out of form who could be replaced and who knows how many are under done.

Last edited:
This shouldn't be about young players bs old.

It should be fit and in form players vs unfit and out of form.

To my untrained eye there is at least two players woefully out of form who could be replaced and who knows how many are under done.

We don't play unfit players.

We pick them on form.

If you want any proof that Scotts is taking the piss you just have to look at the LT selection.
First off Scotts says he only plays players on form...WTF? This hack has played 199 games.
Secondly, He spends his media conference talking him up as a small forward in the same class as the Krakourr brothers. FFS!
Thirdly, he names this "legacy small forward" at Full Forward. Fricking muppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back