Unofficial Preview Prematch discussion/changes vs Western Bulldogs (Good Friday Footy!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to look pretty bad, when we finally get the game the club has worked so hard to get for 25-30 years, only to have our supporters leaving the ground 10 minutes before the final siren because of a flogging. Watch the haters come for us then!

LT has kicked the most goals of any of our indigenous players. Pretty high up on our all time goal kicking list too. To simply fob him off as a hack is petty. You might not agree with his tactics or the way he plays, but when he's on he has the ability to turn a game in our favour.

I'm sensing a big game from Lindsay tomorrow.
You're sensing a big game because he plays 1 good in every six so he due?
If I sat in a wheel chair, plonked inside our goals square for 199 games I reckon I'd kick as many goals as LT. He feeds off everyone else's good work.

ios-9-slow-sluggish-ipad-iphone-tips-tricks1.jpg

yes

Last edited:
You're sensing a big game because he plays 1 good in every six so he due?
If I sat in a wheel chair, plonked inside our goals square for 199 games I reckon I'd kick as many goals as LT. He feeds off everyone else's good work.
Not at all. I just think he's good enough to bounce back from his slow start to the year.

That he has been an un North Melbourne like player? Yes, I disagree. He has played some great, tough footy for North.

You dont see him ducking his head? His lack of "desire" to fly for a contested ball costs us every week. Granted he had 2 good years but that was a few years back. Now he's hopeless and embarassing.

I'm lost.

My only hope is that Scotts has told Swallow and Thompson "you've got 5 weeks to save your career".

I know that's bullsh*t, but I just can't get past the mind numbing stupidity of these selections any other way.
It is absolutely an indictment on our great club that Scott has not told Swallow that he is finished. I'm so disgusted that he is playing tomorrow. The Bullflogs must be piss#ng themselves at Swallow being in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Clarke showed some very good signs last year. So 2017 could have been the year he establishes himself. But what does Scott do ? He drops him for the first two games of 2017 (now that's going to shatter a young kids confidence). Then brings him in for 1 game....GWS interstate (is there a harder road trip ? perhaps Adelaide in Adelaide). And the drops him again. What do you think that is going to do for Clarkes confidence ?

Meanwhile, Swallow and Gibson, 2 very limited footballers get games.
Jamie Mac is in the leadership group, but does he do anything that inspires his team ? Besides getting 15 touches a game on a HBF.
And L Thomas, who is a forward paid to kick goals, but I cringe every time he has the ball in his hands and is lining up for goal be it 15m or 50m out.

I hope Brad Scott gets sacked....
This!!!

The same people whinging about losing streaks including irrelevant games from last year are the same ones whinging about selections and picking a 10 goal flogging.

You campaigners calling for all the kids to be played would still be bitching if we get beat. Either playing the young blokes is important and results don't matter or they do matter? Which ****ing is it?

Why aren't they playing Anderson? Gee I don't know, maybe I should bump some game day threads to show you how terrible he was or are you still in your little trance about how ****ing awesome he was going to be and haven't quite finished nibbling on his nutsack yet?

Too many flankers in the team so lets drop a few to name ummm Anderson and Wagner, two more ****ing flankers.

If you want the club to tank then don't ****ing sook when floggings are regular and wins are rare. Didn't you learn anything from watching Melbourne? It doesn't work.

The same people whinging about losing streaks including irrelevant games from last year are the same ones whinging about selections and picking a 10 goal flogging.

You campaigners calling for all the kids to be played would still be bitching if we get beat. Either playing the young blokes is important and results don't matter or they do matter? Which ******* is it?

Why aren't they playing Anderson? Gee I don't know, maybe I should bump some game day threads to show you how terrible he was or are you still in your little trance about how ******* awesome he was going to be and haven't quite finished nibbling on his nutsack yet?

Too many flankers in the team so lets drop a few to name ummm Anderson and Wagner, two more ******* flankers.

If you want the club to tank then don't ******* sook when floggings are regular and wins are rare. Didn't you learn anything from watching Melbourne? It doesn't work.
Valid points DR but if we are shit with kids and shit with senior players, atleast the kids will improve in time.
We are leaking 120 points per game.
We have so many players out of form.
We dont look like playing finals.
I dont see the point in persisting with tried and failed footballer.s

Valid points DR but if we are shit with kids and shit with senior players, atleast the kids will improve in time.
We are leaking 120 points per game.
We have so many players out of form.
We dont look like playing finals.
I dont see the point in persisting with tried and failed footballer.s

I completely agree. We aren't going anywhere this year. We don't have the team yet but if we waste the year with 20+ games into Gibson and Thompson for example who are both out of contact at the end of the year we are going to be just as shit next year when we are forced to blood the youth.

I hope we win a few games this year but I'm actually more than happy to lose a heap if we play the kids and get them ready for next year when we might just have a gun midfielder join the team and move back up.

The more we play Swallow, Gibson, Thompson and even Waite when he returns the less we find out about the likes of the young kids and the longer we are going to be a mediocre team

You campaigners calling for all the kids to be played would still be bitching if we get beat. Either playing the young blokes is important and results don't matter or they do matter? Which ******* is it?
Well this whole post was just plain awful, with hyperbolic nonsense and a lack of a constructive, critical argument throughout, but this is particularly garbage. If selection policy reflected the rhetoric coming from the club since we lost Boomer, NDS, Spud, Drew and Wells, then I, for one, and I'm sure many of the reasonable posters who are frustrated by the current state of things, would be comfortable with where we are at. Many people have said that they can accept poor performances and mistakes if they're coming from kids who will learn, develop and grow as a result of those errors. The frustration comes when we're 0-3 and the mistakes are coming from older players who either have very little scope for improvement or are clearly on a downward trajectory in their playing careers. This is particularly the case when they're coming from players who have been struggling for 12+ months. So, no, you are wrong.

Also, did it ever occur to you as well that performances may actually improve with the removal of the likes of Swallow and Thompson, who have clearly been under performing, from the team and the addition of a few younger players? Or were you so single mindedly focused on your ad hominem tirade that you couldn't muster a single original thought with the use of your critical thinking faculties, however paltry?

I hope we win tomorrow. That would be ****ing fantastic. But there are very valid concerns being raised about the medium to long term direction of our club with this coach at the helm, by excellent posters and excellent North people.

Why aren't they playing Anderson? Gee I don't know, maybe I should bump some game day threads to show you how terrible he was or are you still in your little trance about how ******* awesome he was going to be and haven't quite finished nibbling on his nutsack yet?

Too many flankers in the team so lets drop a few to name ummm Anderson and Wagner, two more ******* flankers.

If you want the club to tank then don't ******* sook when floggings are regular and wins are rare. Didn't you learn anything from watching Melbourne? It doesn't work.
So, yeah, if you're going to engage in this type of rubbish you might want to at least make sure your criticisms are actually coming from a position of knowledge. Obviously it's news to you that reports have suggested that Wagner, and particularly Anderson, have been playing midfield in the 2's so far this season and have apparently been playing well. From the 'In the Mix' article on the clubs webpage this week, in which they're the only two that are mentioned under the 'midfielders' sub heading:

Midfielders
Jed Anderson has played a month of football in the VFL as an inside-midfielder, improving with each outing.

Following the loss to GWS, Brad Scott mentioned the Giants’ midfielders were better on the day. If a change is made to strengthen North’s stocks, Anderson’s form will hold him in good stead for his first AFL game of 2017.

Splitting his time between a wing and forward, Corey Wagner has now put together three quality games in a row for Werribee.

I don't know, maybe the concept of playing players on form is a foreign concept to you?

Also, above you criticise the tendency to include 'irrelevant games from last year' in losing streaks, before using those same games as a justification for why Anderson shouldn't be selected. Do you see that hypocrisy or are you so utterly devoid of a shred of self-awareness?

tl;dr Your post is a steaming pile of hypocritical, uninformed, ad hominem garbage.

Wow, so much negativity on here. I for one am going to enjoy the game tomorrow, regardless, because I get to watch my favourite team in a ground-breaking game that my club has earned through constant lobbying and pressure over several decades. It will be a big crowd, a great spectacle, for a good cause. I intend to enjoy the heck out of that, win or lose.

Have a beer or wine on me in the process mate.

Will be with you and all loyal North supporters in spirit from 2700-odd km away.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It makes me laugh when people back this team in basing it on not bottoming out. Yet picking our most competitive side has won us how many games in our last 20. We are just about the worst performed club in the past 20 games. Thats fact. Wake up and realise where we are at

Keep the laughter coming because I'm going to stay positive.

As a North supporter I'm going to SUPPORT the team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back