B Section Premier B 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
after observing the oakleigh vs beaumaris reserves match on saturday i have to say oakleigh are officially the biggest bunch of snipers in the league. is there game plan seriously just to try and injure the opposition and start punch ons. dislocated knees, concusions all resulted from this game all of which were clearly intentional. the vafa need to take a serious look at this football club
Frud mate if u were watching the reserves game, you would have seen that beauy was doing all the sniping which in fact started the melee and was in fact the beauy mums who got on the field and got the game called off. As for a sniping game plan, i don't see where your coming from, Oakleigh almost won be 100 points. So when you have the ball and kick so many goals, how is that classified as sniping?

Frud mate if u were watching the reserves game, you would have seen that beauy was doing all the sniping which in fact started the melee and was in fact the beauy mums who got on the field and got the game called off. As for a sniping game plan, i don't see where your coming from, Oakleigh almost won be 100 points. So when you have the ball and kick so many goals, how is that classified as sniping?

Sorry Ziggy23,
There is no place for Oakleigh in any league until they clean up their act and do something about the hostile environment they call Scummell Reserve. Love tough footy, which they are capable of, but this headbutting and cheap shots is pathetic.

On to the Finals.

I think Skobs vs Brighton Final.
Brighton to win by within a goal margin.
St Bernies to UPSET the underfeated Brighton twos in the granny.
Petering (Beauy) to win the B&F Medal by a long long looooong way.

1. B Grade Premiership; SKOBS from winner of 1st Semi Final - don't get too excited, but starting to warm to Bernies, ML. More a case of those in front of them falling over at the pointy end.

2. B Reserve Premiership; OB vs Bernies, GF. Whoever doesn't have a senior side playing on the day will win. If both don't, I'll favour OB.....just.

3. B Grade Best & Fairest (the GT MOORE Medal). A.Lynch - SKOBS.

b1117.gif

Off the Tribunal webpage.....

Oakleigh and Old Brighton major melee, senior match on 13 August.
Clubs found guilty of a minor melee. Oakleigh $300, Old $350.

Oakleigh charged with conducting unbecoming in that Dion Lucas behaved in a manner not fitting the values of the Victorian Amateur Football Association after a tribunal hearing on 16 August.

Charge proven, player Lucas suspended for a further 2 matches.

Ouch!

Oakleigh charged with conducting unbecoming in that Dion Lucas behaved in a manner not fitting the values of the Victorian Amateur Football Association after a tribunal hearing on 16 August.

Ouch!

Must be getting close to the magical 15 weeks!!!

Krusher, can you confirm or deny the rumor Gately resigned over the weekend and your looking for a new coach in 2012? 'Jumping Jimmy' reckons he is gone for next year

Ouch!

Why was Old Brighton fined more than Oakleigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krusher, can you confirm or deny the rumor Gately resigned over the weekend and your looking for a new coach in 2012? 'Jumping Jimmy' reckons he is gone for next year

No news on that one there CC. Wasn't there the same talk last year on this board and probably the year before that and that! After losing three champion players at the end of last season (which pundits thought of course was the whole team), being universally tipped on this board as heading to C Grade (TheChief even left us and Uni Blacks out of the comp) and losing the first four games by rather large margins, the club resurrected itself, pulled itself out of the drop zone and pushed on towards the top four.

2011 produced some classic encounters in a much more even Prem B competition than 2010 (which included Old Carey, Old Haileybury, Old Essendon and MHSOB). In one spell of 8 games (from Round 9 to Round 16), the Krushers lost two games by close margins (to Uni by 2 pts and SKOB by 9 pts) but won 5 others close encounters - by 1 pt (St Bernards - yeah I know Murph, I hear ya), Old Ivanhoe (14 pts at Chelsworth), Hampton Rovers at Warrawee Park (by 4 pts - privately we were very happy when one G Martyn resumed the following week), Uni Blacks (7 pts after being trounced on the same ground, final game of 2010) and Brighton (by 2 pts).

The two teams we didn't beat this year both came up from Prem C 2010 - but we ended their finals campaign's in 2009 - first Beaumaris in the Semi and then Caulfield in the Prelim in a classic that all Krusher supporters would remember. So well done there, you were too good for us this year.

It was truly a memorable ride after a bumpy start but ultimately we will miss finals action.

Finally, good luck for the Krushers U18s in your finals campaign this week.

from what i saw there was a big fella with a beard who continuously was fending off head high and causing trouble. He was sent off for 10 minutes when infact he should of gone off for the game. The incident that started the major melee (by a beauy player) was very minor compared to what he had done. to be fair i believe the umpires had little control over the game and beauy continuously got high hits from this player which the umpires did nothing about.

In fact, the incident that started the melee was not minor, the oakleigh player was knocked out and then taken to hospital as a result of the initial king hit/sniper that was the lowest of cheap shots. If that was to happen to any other team I'm sure that the same retaliation would have occurred. How can the 'bearded player' account for all of oakleighs so called thuggish mentality in the reserves game. I agree with you that the umpires were below par, which resulted in an escalation of aggression between the two teams. Did the oakleigh player that got hit which sparked the melee even get a free kick? Did the beauy player even get reported for that cheap shot? NO?

No news on that one there CC. Wasn't there the same talk last year on this board and probably the year before that and that! After losing three champion players at the end of last season (which pundits thought of course was the whole team), being universally tipped on this board as heading to C Grade (TheChief even left us and Uni Blacks out of the comp) and losing the first four games by rather large margins, the club resurrected itself, pulled itself out of the drop zone and pushed on towards the top four.

2011 produced some classic encounters in a much more even Prem B competition than 2010 (which included Old Carey, Old Haileybury, Old Essendon and MHSOB). In one spell of 8 games (from Round 9 to Round 16), the Krushers lost two games (to Uni by 2 pts and SKOB by 9 pts) but won 5 others close encounters - by 1 pt (St Bernards - yeah I know Murph, I hear ya), Old Ivanhoe (14 pts at Chelsworth), Hampton Rovers at Warrawee Park (by 4 pts - privately we were very happy when one G Martyn resumed the following week), Uni Blacks (7 pts after being trounced on the same ground, final game of 2010) and Brighton (by 2 pts).

The two teams we didn't beat this year both came up from Prem C 2010 - but we ended their finals campaign's in 2009 - first Beaumaris in the Semi and then Caulfield in the Prelim in a classic that all Krusher supporters would remember. So well done there, you were too good for us this year.

It was truly a memorable ride after a bumpy start.

Finally, good luck for the Krushers U18s in your finals campaign this week.

mmmm..... ok thanks OOB, old Jimmy is pretty confident he has already given notice and will not coach Oaks in 2012, time will tell

cheers

CC

CC, maybe your brand of coaching may turn the boys around? Would love to hear your sweet ramblings here on BF translated into a 3/4 time address!

that's all they would be BS, just ramblings as I leave that to guys who can actually put 2 words together. Saw Gator a few weeks back and he goes alright but I reckon the respect message is not getting through to his clan.

Old Brighton V St Kevins - Homeside at the Beach oval in a ripping game.
Old Ivanhoe V Beaumaris - OI will finish off with a win.
Caulfield V St Bernards - Gonna back them on the rebound, despite a very ugly performance last week.
Uni Blacks V Hampton - The Rovers were good last week, but not sure they'll go as well on the road.
Oakleigh V Marcellin - Krishers easily at home.

An unexciting finish to the regular season with the top 4 positions settled and the battle for relegation done and dusted. Should be a cracking finals series however with all four sides a genuine chance, for mine Skob will be too hard to catch on EP.

St Kevins
Old Ivanhoe
St Bernards

Hampton
Oakleigh

Any word on the Scheetz rumour or was it just that?

St Kevins very impressive team who look mentally and physically stronger than past years and are my favourites for the flag
Old Ivanhoe
St Bernards

Blacks- most disappointing team of 2011 -taken over the SKOBS mantle of recent years
Oakleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back