B Section Premier B 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should Merrington win the medal, wasn't even the leading goal kicker!!
Maxwell, he has kicked 74 goals this season, I'm not aware of any other player anywhere near that amount.

Well done to the young kid Harold from De la Salle, he played well this year.

Umpires have it hard enough umpiring games each week, there is always going to be different opinions on who is best etc.

Personally I thought Sheetz was the best player from an opposition club I saw this year, followed by Petering.

Look forward to this weeks matches.

The notion of comparing the standard of umpiring with their ability to give votes on games is ridiculous. While we all love a good b*tch about the umps, who they give votes to is hardly a cause for grading their performance. Their job is to adjudicate the game. Not watch 44 players and pick the best 3. On that basis, the B&F system is flawed. Nonetheless it's a great effort to win one and kudos to Harold from Oakleigh who obviously did enough to get noticed by the men in white.

Spot on there Uncle Mick, and we should take the medal off Fletcher from last year, ;)he plays too much outside and Brendan Iezzi (that was just a fluke winning Prem B in 2009) and Carji Greeves (oops he's already had it taken off him) :(. We should elevate Petering :thumbsu:because he was clearly dudded some votes - went under the radar but not to the opposition. And Merro well he's got an advantage for a start :D

The notion of comparing the standard of umpiring with their ability to give votes on games is ridiculous. While we all love a good b*tch about the umps, who they give votes to is hardly a cause for grading their performance. Their job is to adjudicate the game. Not watch 44 players and pick the best 3. On that basis, the B&F system is flawed. Nonetheless it's a great effort to win one and kudos to Harold from Oakleigh who obviously did enough to get noticed by the men in white.

Umm Uncle Mick, it is their job pal.
Its clearly one of their responsibilities as an umpire.
You would even find it on their job description.
Players can see who the best 3 were without a problem, AND its actually not their job to do so, so it isnt a tough responsibilty if your a fair umpire who is keeping an unbias opinion.

My question is, what game are they watching if they cant see some of the mindblowing games players have had, and havent scored a vote.
Petering is clearly the best at Beauy, and they won enough games, and he dominated in games and didnt vote. It puzzles me.

Seems the umpires dont take their responsibilities too seriously then Uncle Mick. If anything, this is the most serious and highest responsibility of umpiring. As they are the only people who can award votes. And some players havent been individually rewarded for their contibution to this wonderful league. Take it serious umpires, forget if the player is arrogant, or you dislike him, judge them on their abilities.

We all know if a player gives alittle lip tp the ump, he wont see a free for the rest of the game, unless its unbelievably noticable, that the umps cant get away with it. Those who protect the umpires, will say they make mistakes, well so do players, and therefore they may say things in the heat of the moment, that umpires also need to acknowledge the players made a mistake.

Congrats to Harold, clearly the best down at the krushers.

Well done Mick Harold,

10 votes last year and a narrow loss in Prem C 2009.

Voted by your peers as the man to lead.
Recognised by the Association with senior rep experience.
Hard tagged by most opposition teams.
And now acknowledged by the umpires as the best for 2011.

Maxwell, he has kicked 74 goals this season, I'm not aware of any other player anywhere near that amount.

Umpires have it hard enough umpiring games each week, there is always going to be different opinions on who is best etc.

Personally I thought Sheetz was the best player from an opposition club I saw this year, followed by Petering.

Owen Weatherley Old Ivanhoe 76
Andrew MerringtonSt Bernards74Matthew PeteringBeaumaris 49Jordan FosterUniversity Blacks47Michael GiansiracusaSt Kevins 45
:eek:

just check the VAFA website and I see another 4 weeks + fine handed out to Oaks.

So as compensation for 17 weeks suspension in 3 weeks + $700 fine in fighting and all the other misdemeanours/mellee's during the course of the year (sure Marcellin & OB were happy last night) - they have the BEST & FAIREST player in their ranks.

Well done Oakleigh, well done umpires.

I think Real Saga summed it up well.

there was a push in the back on the weekend that was absolute b*llshit!

These B grade umpires areliterally f*cking imposters!

They are corrupt extremists and must be stopped from consuming the same space and oxygen we breath!

..i didnt get 1 vote!!!

I think if you heard the same interview as I did, Mick acknowledged that he played his junior football around Murrumbeena, attended De La Salle, has a number of friends there but wished to play with his mates at the Krushers.

PS: I've a friend whose son is going to St Ks, handy footballer, from memory they had to baptise him or confirm him last year (I forget which one but I can check if you want) as he hadn't attended a Catholic Junior School to get him in there, which meant the family got a reduction in fees as well. Sweeeeeet. This lad a very good footballer before he got to SKOBs.

I think if you heard the same interview as I did, Mick acknowledged that he played his junior football around Murrumbeena, attended De La Salle, has a number of friends there but wished to play with his mates at the Krushers.

PS: I've a friend whose son is going to St Ks, handy footballer, from memory they had to baptise him or confirm him last year (I forget which one but I can check if you want) as he hadn't attended a Catholic Junior School to get him in there, which meant the family got a reduction in fees as well. Sweeeeeet. This lad a very good footballer before he got to SKOBs.

You do not need to be a Catholic to go to St. Kevins or have gone to a Catholic Junior School. They offer the sacraments themselves at around year 9.

You do not need to be a Catholic to go to St. Kevins or have gone to a Catholic Junior School. They offer the sacraments themselves at around year 9.

Hey, thanks for the clarification there.
But do you get a discount (is it known that you can get a discount) for getting your son baptised on entry?
Not saying its wrong and realise Brian just stirring the pot but thought it wise to add this for perspective.

You are not adding perspective, you are making things up.

You can't just get into St Kevins, there is a waiting
list of over 5000 families. To suggest that you get a discount if you get baptised is the most laughable thing I have read on this forum in a long time.

If you are lucky enough to get in, you will find that academia is a much higher priority than ones sporting prowess.
In regards to Harold, he is a De La Salle boy, so what do you want me to say, well done to the Oakliegh High boy or Salesian boy???

I will check with my mate and get back to you. I've seriously underestimated this young chaps football ability it seems though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy I have seriously under estimated even though BS told me, is Simpson at SKOB. 11 Games with 5 BOG's, WOW.

Ok, look after B.Dowd & Simpson and things will be close

You are not adding perspective, you are making things up.

You can't just get into St Kevins, there is a waiting
list of over 5000 families. To suggest that you get a discount if you get baptised is the most laughable thing I have read on this forum in a long time.

If you are lucky enough to get in, you will find that academia is a much higher priority than ones sporting prowess.
In regards to Harold, he is a De La Salle boy, so what do you want me to say, well done to the Oakliegh High boy or Salesian boy???

How about accepting the fact he won his medal playing for his suburban footy club and leave the petty issue of where he learnt his 3 Rs alone? How is the fact he studied at De La remotely relevant to his winning this award?

I can't fathom the obsession some people in the much vaunted higher echelons of the VAFA have with where they went to school. Isn't amateur football supposed to be about playing footy, and not comparing school ties and ENTER scores?

How about listening to his interview after he won the medal before commenting Grum? Ignorant post.
De La is a middle of the road school at best, not comparing 'ties' at all.

How about accepting the fact he won his medal playing for his suburban footy club and leave the petty issue of where he learnt his 3 Rs alone? How is the fact he studied at De La remotely relevant to his winning this award?

I can't fathom the obsession some people in the much vaunted higher echelons of the VAFA have with where they went to school. Isn't amateur football supposed to be about playing footy, and not comparing school ties and ENTER scores?

One poster made one reference to his high school. Right or wrong it was one post. Hardly call that an obsession. Can’t find any reference to school ties or enter scores on the A section board. Seems some people are inclined to keep perpetuating this myth about school clubs v district clubs. 99% of us couldn’t give a stuff.

How about listening to his interview after he won the medal before commenting Grum? Ignorant post.
De La is a middle of the road school at best, not comparing 'ties' at all.

Touché!

That last sentence us the most ironic I've read since joining BF.:rolleyes:

Blame it on my sub-standard local government school edukashun?
My folks didn't have a spare $20k per annum to allow me to match wits with the likes of you lot.

Touché!

That last sentence us the most ironic I've read since joining BF.:rolleyes:

The irony not lost on me either;).... But to be honest Grum no one from De La really cares if BS calls us middle of the road, end of the road or off the bloody road. As mentioned most are just interested in taking about footy, not comparing education and social background.

The irony not lost on me either;).... But to be honest Grum no one from De La really cares if BS calls us middle of the road, end of the road or off the bloody road. As mentioned most are just interested in taking about footy, not comparing education and social background.

final satdy
final sundy

who cares about schools

lets talk markets

PI, do we have a revised market?
mine would be
skob 1.90
bernards 2.50
brighton 10
caul 5

final satdy
final sundy

who cares about schools

lets talk markets

PI, do we have a revised market?
mine would be
skob 1.90
bernards 2.50
brighton 10
caul 5

Caulfield blown out the gate - also not helped by Hammond's suspension.

St Kevins 1.90
bernards 3.50
Caulfield 5.00
Brighton 8.00

All the money is for SKOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back