Autopsy QF 2019 - Pies d Cats by 10 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely embarrassing, again... every year I get sucked in when I know I shouldn’t. Chris Scott is an absolute joke. That one is solely on him. He needs to own that. Pathetic.
I’m just waiting till his presser to see what he will say.

That may be the most flattering margin in football history.
It's a product of the type of game we play. Ultra conservative, dour and defensive in a bid to limit the opposition's chances to score while simultaneously reducing our own offensive capacity. Decent teams will always have the advantage because they will have the talent and endeavour to score. Saw it against Brisbane late in the game a few weeks ago and saw it from Collingwood particularly early tonight. We play defeatist football, attempting to protect against a loss rather than playing to win. It's very un-Geelong in design.

Sad night in many ways, the careers of Ablett, Selwood, Taylor and Hawkins must end. They played well in bruise free minor round footy but showed tonight they’re done.
If Smith or Fort rucked tonight we’d win this game, just needed someone to stop Grundy tapping straight to their mids.
All in all it’s what most expected and the unfortunate thing is we actually play a good side next week. I won’t be watching that’s for sure.
Goodbye 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a flattering score in the end. The pies were fantastic. Strangely, if the cats kicked the 4 sitters from 15 metered out in the first half then they may have run over the top of them.

Umpiring was awful at times. Some obvious free kicks to cats being paid to the pies with odd interpretations.

The cats handballed straight to pies players at least half a dozen times. Shocking choice of jumpers tonight.

I think they can win next week, although I doubt they will. However, they'll most likely face Richmond in the Prelim and they have no hope. Since that loss to Port after the bye, I've held little hope for this side.

Our spread and slow ball play what killed us, oh and the tall forwards hawk and sav useless and giving us real problems, duncan likely to miss next week will give a chance to Selwood or chook.

As someone who’s had just about a gutful of Chris Scott’s coaching, really hope that the scrutiny & spotlight will be on him next week. This is the 3rd year in-a-row where Geelong has had an awful performance in a W1 finals match at the MCG. Just like with the bye hoodoo, Scott seems incapable of acknowledging there’s a problem yet alone doing anything to fix it.

As a Cats fan, I honestly now believe we aren’t going to improve as a club until Scott departs

The club doesn't care about us. I have said before, we are like Adelaide. The club is happy to continue to make finals with no chance of winning as long as we continue to hand over money.

The only way forward from here is to not renew your membership
Stopped that and buying merch years ago. And I won't even bother watching next week. Until Scott is gone, won't bother with this club. Absolutely pathetic, and I can only imagine how garbage his presser is going to be about how Grundy wasn't effective etc.

Time to sack Scott and give the gig to Scarlett.

Nope, this defensive BS game style has Scarlett's prints all over it. He's even said so himself.

Scarlett, Enright and Knights are all overrated. It's been clear what type of game wins in finals for YEARS. These numb nuts don't get it.

Forget the jobs for the boys, go get some professionals with more ideas, more insight, better people management. Who can make players more accountable and have hard conversations. This club is soft...

Dangerfield and Stewart the only players that stood up for the 4 quarters

For the rest of them it was a case of fumble, fumble, turnover, turnover. Zero composure when it matters; on the big stage.

What a disappointing and deflating team performance. Just an appalling display of chaos football with no synergy between the players.

When you invest yourself emotionally in the club for the home and away and they churn out that crap in the first final it feels like you have been robbed.

Gutted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy QF 2019 - Pies d Cats by 10 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back