Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy act getting longer than a non-footy act, again.

This s*t needs revision because it's currently ****** broken.

giphy.gif

Spot on. It's the AFL's way of saying be careful or we will put you through the ringer before we let you play.
And perhaps it's the AFL's way of clarifying these head high incidents by going to the Tribunal and having them argued.

I feel sick thinking about this appeal process and Bruzzy potentially missing a GF 😔

Maynard and Van Rooyen both being classed as careless is most of the problem. One had to make a decision in MID-AIR and tucked his arms in to avoid contact with a forearm, elbow or shoulder. The other ran past the ball and threw a forearm out.

And perhaps it's the AFL's way of clarifying these head high incidents by going to the Tribunal and having them argued.

I feel sick thinking about this appeal process and Bruzzy potentially missing a GF

That’s because only Collingwood gets players suspended for GFs. Last time it happened was in both 2002 and 2003.

EDIT: Well, and Andrew Gaff. But he was going long range.

Sounds like fake news to me.
Being reported by multiple outlets now that the AFL exec got involved. So much for the independence of the MRO…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rewatched the game today when I was meant to be working.

was a lot less exciting. A lot less stressful too.

McReery was better than I thought. so was Mihocek.

A few were just as poor. Don’t remember who the dufus was who was demanding apologies for bagging McStay, but apart from that mark running backwards, boy he was disappointing. He will definitely be better next time because I can’t imagine him being worse.

In fact, there are a few players who will be much better next time.

A lot of people in the AFL & Tribunal have not played high pressure football at the highest level.
Who cares. She not the other 'lots of people' is the one who supposedly determined that Maynard would not get off without a charge. Her name and sex are in the public arena. No harm in mentioning what's known about the person.

Last edited:
The AFL was always going to take the soft option and not make a MRO decision due to risk aversion and their ongoing legal matters.

This is it, especially with Brayshaw who could potentially take legal action in the future with his concussion history. Todays AFL decision comes from its legal counsel.

Its not a football based decision. That will play out in the next two weeks. Collingwood will have QCs lined up already.

It feels like a one week ban will be a compromise but the fact Van rooyen intentionally elbowed Mcstay is only one week is disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Being reported by multiple outlets now that the AFL exec got involved. So much for the independence of the MRO…

It would have been AFL legal counsel. Its just to cover their arse in the future. The real football action has not even been considered yet. They have precedent for doing it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast QF = Collingwood 60-53 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back