Preview QF1 Geelong v Collingwood Sat Sept 3 2022, 435pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else think Menegola’s lack of game time of late in particular is starting to mount against him moving forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but I've said that for a few weeks and his absence against WCE only solidified my view that he shouldn't be seen as an automatic best 22 selection as that would be based on past reputation vs current form

Parfitt has been arguably our best midfielder since his return. He's also never been dropped (sub, or otherwise) in his career and is in his prime. Has had a good crack in finals when he hasn't had an injury like that hand (2020?). You seriously think he's getting a demotion?
Parfitt is not perfect. He has a nice evasive move to gain some time time, then too often, kicks a high floater off one step.
Can't afford loose disposal in a pressure final. He needs to seriously improve his disposal before he moves up a grade.
Small players need to be quicker and more creative with disposal. .

Yes, but I've said that for a few weeks and his absence against WCE only solidified my view that he shouldn't be seen as an automatic best 22 selection as that would be based on past reputation vs current form
Absent a few injuries I can’t see how he squeezes his way back in. Parf could and even MOC and Ceglar could benefit from a match up change depending on who we play. I just think too many in the 22 are ahead of menagola in what he adds - which goes to show how different this team is…

Parfitt is not perfect. He has a nice evasive move to gain some time time, then too often, kicks a high floater off one step.
Can't afford loose disposal in a pressure final. He needs to seriously improve his disposal before he moves up a grade.
Small players need to be quicker and more creative with disposal. .
I don't necessarily disagree with this but he's been a great territory winner and an absolute bull the past month. In finals scrappy ball use from midfield has definitely been an issue though I agree.

Kudos to you though for picking his first ever "dropped" if he isn't a late in.

O'Connor has played every game since round 4. I can understand dropping him based on form, but I doubt you could honestly characterise playing 19 of the last 19 games as an "interrupted season".
No pre-season is interrupted in my book. I think it's the reason he hasn't progressed this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parfitt and Menegola are unlucky, O'Connor to some extent as well. But anyone else in the selected 22 would have been unlucky if left out. Glad Miers is in. Thought Kolo might be hit or miss. Rohan is there for forward line balance, 3 talls, 3 smalls. Rohan plays tall and can run down players. If we play like we have been we will win.

Unfortunately from here on out, the finals fixture is settled.

Loser of our game plays the winner of dogs v freo, that will be Saturday week 2 to avoid 6 day break
Which means the other semi-final will be friday night.

To continue to avoid 6 day breaks, the dogs/freo/loser(cats/pies QF) will play the saturday prelim, which is against the winner of Melbourne/Sydney
which means that the winner of Cats/Pies will play a Friday night prelim

TL;DR

If we win this week: Saturday/Bye/Friday/Saturday
If we lose this week: Saturday/Saturday/Saturday/Saturday
well both games could be on the sat if sydney win.

Parfitt and Menegola are unlucky, O'Connor to some extent as well. But anyone else in the selected 22 would have been unlucky if left out. Glad Miers is in. Thought Kolo might be hit or miss. Rohan is there for forward line balance, 3 talls, 3 smalls. Rohan plays tall and can run down players. If we play like we have been we will win.
rohan best pack crasher/marker in the squad. Hawk for one-on-one, Jez for on the lead, stengle crumbling but rohan in the air.

They just confirmed before Bris will play next Fri night.

So ergo the loser of our game would be a Sat and likely to play a prelim the following Sat, not the Friday.

Anyone else think Menegola’s lack of game time of late in particular is starting to mount against him moving forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said a week ago that Menegola would be the Mooney/Milburn of 2011.

They just confirmed before Bris will play next Fri night.

So ergo the loser of our game would be a Sat and likely to play a prelim the following Sat, not the Friday.
Our prelim if we win will be Friday night.

Those (very few to be fair) sooking about Parfitt out, others would be having the same sooks about Zuthrie or Atkins or something else missing.
We've been through this, 2 players MINIMUM are going to be insanely stiff to miss out.
The fact all of us could find arguements to include Parfitt, or MOC, or Menegola into the final 22 says far more about our depth than some are giving credit for.
MOC has been way off, only mentioned due to longevity/reputation. I’ll give you Menengola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back