Qld Queensland State Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

And some of you guys occassionally escape south past our defensive wall.

Can you guys break away already? I want day light saving. You can have everything north of Noosa. Just form your own country and leave us be. You could call your country Crocland.
No worries at all mate. Although I'm a foreigner ( WA )

If you want daylight saving I've got an easy way for you to have it. Get up an hour earlier. :)

I'll take everything North of Noosa no problem. You lot can be baristas, bellhops, and tour guides and make your money that way.

We might even be able to save a quid and build some manufacturing industry if we stop getting a large proportion of the locally generated wealth "donated" elsewhere.

OK, so scare campaigns are OK if someone else starts it. Gotcha.

Trumps scare campaign about Haitians eating pets is now all ticked off as OK, as, well he didn't start. It was a local resident at a city commission meeting.
The LNP have refused to kill it. Crisafulli could have made an unequivocal statement protecting abortion laws in the beginning and ruled out a conscience vote. LNP MPs and candidates could have kept their mouths firmly shut about it, but more than one has been caught talking about their antipathy towards abortion. And to crown it all, Jacinta Price opened her big mouth and took the saga to the federal stage.

At every turn, the LNP have given the campaign more and more oxygen. It might have fizzled out otherwise. It's a spectacular error at the worst time.

The LNP have refused to kill it. Crisafulli could have made an unequivocal statement protecting abortion laws in the beginning and ruled out a conscience vote. LNP MPs and candidates could have kept their mouths firmly shut about it, but more than one has been caught talking about their antipathy towards abortion. And to crown it all, Jacinta Price opened her big mouth and took the saga to the federal stage.

At every turn, the LNP have given the campaign more and more oxygen. It might have fizzled out otherwise. It's a spectacular error at the worst time.
Yep.

Utter strategic madness. And SURELY it wasn't that hard to see?

Voters also know that there's a decent portion of the LNP in thrall to what's happening in America and the Republicans which doesn't overwhelm them with confidence when it comes to abortion laws.

Remove this Banner Ad

Qld Queensland State Election 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back