Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interested in Dawson's thoughts seeing O'Brien make the AFL squad after being towelled up in the SANFL
Towelled up is overstating the facts, he was tag teamed by 2 man mountains Redden and Ballenden, smart coaching by an former A grade ruckman in Sam Jacobs. Jarrad Redden 204cm 120kg, Connor Ballenden 200cm 106kg, Reilly O'Brien 202cm 102kg. The 120kg Redden effectively stepped over the line and held ROB off with one arm and palmed with the other which was very effective in the Centre but not so much in around the ground and boundary ruck contests, ultimately Redden had 25 hit outs, 3 disposals 1 clearance to ROB's 35 hit outs 21 disposals 5 clearances, Ballenden played forward for a large portion of the game when not contesting in the ruck where their forwards got leather poisoning.

If you think Strachan should be playing ahead of ROB still I doubt you even watched that SANFL game.

Towelled up is overstating the facts, he was tag teamed by 2 man mountains Redden and Ballenden, smart coaching by an former A grade ruckman in Sam Jacobs. Jarrad Redden 204cm 120kg, Connor Ballenden 200cm 106kg, Reilly O'Brien 202cm 102kg. The 120kg Redden effectively stepped over the line and held ROB off with one arm and palmed with the other which was very effective in the Centre but not so much in around the ground and boundary ruck contests, ultimately Redden had 25 hit outs, 3 disposals 1 clearance to ROB's 35 hit outs 21 disposals 5 clearances, Ballenden played forward for a large portion of the game when not contesting in the ruck where their forwards got leather poisoning.

If you think Strachan should be playing ahead of ROB still I doubt you even watched that SANFL game.
ah yes your go too tactic of accusing anyone who disagrees with you of not watching.

You watching the SANFL game and still defending Rob rather than just saying "yeah they're both pretty awful lol" makes me think that someone who didn't watch either game would have a better grasp of the situation than you.

I can't stand ROB. I think he's junk however...Strauchan didn't offer a heap against an excellent Grundy.
I think Strauchan is gone but we desperately need an upgrade on ROB.
Strauchan was given a crack. That's all we ask. Now we know.

Strachan is under contract and just been made the ruck coach of our AFLW side. He's not going anywhere, he will be the backup again next year.

Selectors, if you're reading this, make no mistake, this season is toast. Time to start future planning for next year. Who is going to be there and who isn't?

ah yes your go too tactic of accusing anyone who disagrees with you of not watching.

You watching the SANFL game and still defending Rob rather than just saying "yeah they're both pretty awful lol" makes me think that someone who didn't watch either game would have a better grasp of the situation than you.
Is that like when Norwood's Harry Boyd 47 hit outs 8 clearances towelled up Strachan 32 hit outs 3 clearances in the ruck?

No 2 man giant tag team that day.

I'm terrified that I'm going to see Lachie Murphy shake hands with Lachie Whitfield at the opening bounce.

And watching the coaches try to justify the net negative 20+ disposals and 700+meters gained, by Murphy's 1 x i50 tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm so sick of hearing how we can't debut players unless we're 100% sure they're ready.

Would it have killed careers if a few younger guys got chances against NM or West Coast? Maybe the faster game suits them? Maybe the occasion brings more out in them?

But nah, keep working away for perfection while McHeadless and Murphy trade gold passes for 170+ games.

Back