Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so sick of hearing how we can't debut players unless we're 100% sure they're ready.

Would it have killed careers if a few younger guys got chances against NM or West Coast? Maybe the faster game suits them? Maybe the occasion brings more out in them?

But nah, keep working away for perfection while McHeadless and Murphy trade gold passes for 170+ games.
Yep someone needs to ask him why those two have played 170 games before they are ready.

I'm so sick of hearing how we can't debut players unless we're 100% sure they're ready.

Would it have killed careers if a few younger guys got chances against NM or West Coast? Maybe the faster game suits them? Maybe the occasion brings more out in them?

But nah, keep working away for perfection while McHeadless and Murphy trade gold passes for 170+ games.

It's ****ing infuriating.

someone needs to tell Nicksy that the season is now into round 16.

WE need to be trying NEW people WHO ARE PLAYING GOOD SANFL FOOTBALL NOW!!!

NOT IN ROUND 20 or later

Good SANFL footy isn’t enough though, the jump to AFL is huge. Good training counts for more because that’s where you can show how well you run the patterns and keep the shape.

NOT IN ROUND 20 or later
It honestly sounds like he thinks we are winning 9 in a row and storming into finals. Nothing wrong on or off field with personnel, no need to rush new players in unless they are ready blah blah blah.

"We're looking short-term, long-term and
medium term."
Not sure that’s a great way to go about things.
That says to me no real strategy or planning.
Absolutely nail on the head. It's a masterclass in how to use a lot of words to say nothing.

It honestly sounds like he thinks we are winning 9 in a row and storming into finals. Nothing wrong on or off field with personnel, no need to rush new players in unless they are ready blah blah blah.
Back the on field team to respond and back the off field team to respond (if there was anything to respond to, as everything is fine)

"We're looking short-term, long-term and
medium term."
Not sure that’s a great way to go about things.
That says to me no real strategy or planning.
Short-term means today's training
Medium-term means tomorrow's training
Long-term means Saturday

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can probably guarantee even if he asked (he wouldn't cause I don't think he even believes it) "Can I use the remaining games to get the squad ready for 2025. We won't win much more this year, but it'll give some key young players more experience in bigger roles to springboard into 2025" the answer would be "We need you to be aiming to win every week no matter what."

Now the actual results very likely end up the same, but we'll also stymy the development of some younger players in the AFL in the process.

You can probably guarantee even if he asked (he wouldn't cause I don't think he even believes it) "Can I use the remaining games to get the squad ready for 2025. We won't win much more this year, but it'll give some key young players more experience in bigger roles to springboard into 2025" the answer would be "We need you to be aiming to win every week no matter what."

Now the actual results very likely end up the same, but we'll also stymy the development of some younger players in the AFL in the process.
Which rolls into List Management when
1. He continues to play players LM are cutting
2. He is telling LM to recontract these players

Which rolls into List Management when
1. He continues to play players LM are cutting
2. He is telling LM to recontract these players
Rowie has already talked about 1, saying how List Management had no real desire to recontract Jimmy but Nicks kept playing him anyway. Says we're doing the same again with guys like McHenry.

NOT IN ROUND 20 or later
Absolutely!

Everything for the rest of this season is about getting ready for next season... which means getting games into our best young talent.

The fact our leaders at the club don't realise this just confirms they are not up to the job.

They want to write off this year & get little benefit from it.

We are going nowhere with these morons.

Rowie has already talked about 1, saying how List Management had no real desire to recontract Jimmy but Nicks kept playing him anyway. Says we're doing the same again with guys like McHenry.
We're nothing if not consistent

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

NOT IN ROUND 20 or later
Exactly.

We want to avoid ending up with guys like Strachan who we're not sure of what they may be capable because we don't give them a proper crack.

Getting games in now will help fast track the development of some and possibly save us some time on others.

Wait till you see the game plan.
Go long and short when you can and also fast and slow.
Go around the boundary and through the middle.
Attack and Defend!

Score, and prevent the others from scoring!

Load them up hard and rest up!

Shit, I could do this job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

Back