Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In: T.Walker, R.O'Brien, E.Himmelberg

Out: J.Borlase (omitted), K.Strachan (omitted), H.Schoenberg (omitted)
Predictable & uninspiring.

Nicks said he wouldn't play youth & he stuck to his promise.

Nicks doesn’t care about the club, only himself.
Yet by playing players who are regularly not performing he is going to end his own tenure.

He is that stupid!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any other sport in the world where a club could be bottom of the table, have spent two first round picks, and have given them a collective one game's worth of play out of a potential 28, and no one in the media thinks there's something wrong at the club?

Even worse, your third pick is at 27, and he's unsighted too.

Like, what an absolute shit show of a waste of resources.

We have two players playing from our last two drafts, and we're bottom four certainties. What the absolute **** is happening?

Sad Season 5 GIF by The Simpsons

At least I can understand the internal logic that sees Curtin not selected, even if I don't agree with it.

But what possible explanation can be given for Taylor's continued non-selection? Carving it up at SANFL level week after week, while the players he would replace fail repeatedly at AFL level. We've extended his contract despite him being yet to debut late in his third season. If not now, then when?

Literally the only coherent explanation which can be given is "despite what we say, we give no credence to SANFL form whatsoever."

Dawson & Nicks have very different opinions!

The way I saw Dawson's interview was that he was backing the non-elevation of SANFL guys. The bit about 'everyone' performing allows the excuses ie 'non-statistical', 'experience', 'leadership', 'shape keeping' etc etc.

Back