Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Will Lachlan Murphy be dropped after half his disposals were turnovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He mentioned Smith in the same breath as Curtin and Bond when he talked about "those guys" replacing Hamill. Then went and talked about how Smith was BOG and basically credited him with us beating Glenelg. He later said "Brodie is smashing the door down" when he talked about who was coming into the side. He's put the qualifier on "If the younger player is at the same form as the senior we go with the younger player" as to who gets picked, but barely talked about Curtin or Bond while talking endlessly about how good Brodie is.
He probably spoke about Curtin for a good 3-4 minutes in that presser, so that last part of your sentence isn't true. It did still sound like Brodie will play, I agree there, but he actually went into a lot of depth about Curtin and is worth the full listen.

hahahaha

What??

No he hasnt. I bet if Jones play Cooks half forward role hed find more than 10 touches that Cook gets.
I bet he wouldn't

Neither player has had much impact this year but Jones seems to be at or near his ceiling, Cook shows glimpses that he could be something better

hahahaha

What??

No he hasnt. I bet if Jones play Cooks half forward role hed find more than 10 touches that Cook gets.

He averages 15 touches on the wing. There is no way he'd average more than 10 touches as a forward.

It's actually a Nicks presser worth listening to in full if you've got the time, the headlines from Josh Money are a bit misleading. As someone else said, Money speculated that Dowling would be sub for his first game based on something non committal from Nicks in the presser that week, but was obviously wrong.
Yeah he also said that Curtin will get a look in different positions for the rest of the year including on-ball.

I’m guessing walker is our whole future then?
No nicks, a big part of our future is playing back pocket in the sanfl. (Which may be the correct place currently)
What is with the stupid comments from him?
Nicks did say those words, but if you actually listen to the full presser, context paints it differently. The words in isolation are a little misleading and this is coming from someone that fell off his chair when I first saw the headline too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He mentioned Smith in the same breath as Curtin and Bond when he talked about "those guys" replacing Hamill. Then went and talked about how Smith was BOG and basically credited him with us beating Glenelg. He later said "Brodie is smashing the door down" when he talked about who was coming into the side. He's put the qualifier on "If the younger player is at the same form as the senior we go with the younger player" as to who gets picked, but barely talked about Curtin or Bond while talking endlessly about how good Brodie is.
Not that I want him in the AFL side, but Smith was BOG in that game
Curtin and Bond are miles off being in form close to that

BACCS he listened to it and Nicks is full of crap, don’t try and water it down

All this week I keep hearing how Smith was BOG in the SANFL but on the ch7 coverage they gave it to Strachan even awarding him the prize & giving him the after match interview.
Is this another case of gaslighting from the club? Coz I'm real sure they won't be rushing Strachaney in on the back of his performance.

One good game at sanfl is ‘smashing the door down’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣
It wasn't even that good. He played well, sure. But take off his 'kick ins' and his stats were the same as everyone elses. Nothing that would suggest he smashed the door down.

This is the issue when it comes to selection integrity.
A 'senior' player who has been out of form for months, plays 1 SANFL game (or as in the past doesn't even have to play at all) and as long as it's above terrible, their form is enough to demand selection.
A young guy can play months of good footy in the SANFL, but will only be considered if there is an injury, or a chance to rotate out another young player.

This is not integrity.

How ridiculous to say Smith is a big part of our future. No one that age is the future in a developing side. Better off saying what he brings to the team if you want to be positive.

It just shows it's all words that aren't really thought out.

Last edited:
How ridiculous to say Smith is a big part of our future. No one that age is the future in a developing side. Better off saying what he brings to the teamnif you want to be positive.

It just shows it's all words that aren't really thought out.
It's pure BS and Nix should know it (or he's dumber than we've given him credit for) Smith is way closer to a "retired" player than he is a "required" player.

Back