Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Will Lachlan Murphy be dropped after half his disposals were turnovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet if Cook played wing he’s be more effective than Jones. Horrible footballer.

Agreed, Jones has escaped a lot of scrutiny because of the form of guys like Smith, Murphy and O'Brien.

Jones can't win a one on one contest, doesn't have the speed or elite disposal to play on the wing.

Of course Smith is named on field and not Nankervis so that Smith can't be sub, it's time to play youth not old seniors that are out of form
Brodie is the future though.

That should be his new nickname, Port had Butcher, and now we have Smith!

Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

Shame about Hamill. He's played well recently, taking over Smith's spot. With Ryan in the pipeline and the trio of Hinge, Michalanney and Nankervis, we have a good group of mid sized defenders to go with a solid group of key defenders, lead by Nick Murray. I think Jones fits in there as well as that small back pocket and would've given him first crack at Hamill's spot over Smith.

Still eagerly anticipating Thilthorpe's return. I'd hope Curtin would replace Sholl on the wing and Pedlar replace Murphy on the forward flank sooner rather than later.

Taylor has similar traits to Soligo. He weighted that kick perfectly to Murphy in the last quarter last week - it showed a touch of class, which we desperately need to instill in to our ball deliverers! Look forward to seeing him play amongst, and learn, from someone like Lachie Neale this week and getting games into him for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea, i'd say Smith is definitely a big part of where we're at this year.

Maybe Nicks meant that if there was a choice between a young player or experienced player being the sub, then the young player will be the sub... I know this is not what he says, after listening to the whole interview, but perhaps he was confused? :D

Jones coming straight back into the squad makes me think he will make the final 22, he came out through injury and wasn't dropped (although a case could be made that he should have). Nicks said today that Taylor will play, so that leaves one of Murphy or Cook to be sub and the other to drop out.

We all want Murphy to drop out, so we can assume he will be sub.

Maybe Nicks meant that if there was a choice between a young player or experienced player being the sub, then the young player will be the sub... I know this is not what he says, after listening to the whole interview, but perhaps he was confused? :D
I’m starting to think we’d be better off with Joe Biden as coach 😝

Back