Preview R17: Changes vs. Brisbane: Back to the Future

Will Lachlan Murphy be dropped after half his disposals were turnovers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely zero emotions about this week's selection
Really?
I was astonished (Himmelberg retained), mystified (Burgess named ... in case of what? Is Tex carrying a niggle/awareness?), appalled (Smith straight back, now watch him kick ootf or to Brisbane players most of the game), suspicious (Nank named on the bench) and totally fed up with Nicks.

So according to Nicks a young player needs to match an older player’s impact on a game before they will be selected!

How does that philosophy ever allow a player to debut? All players in the draft this year will hope we don’t pick them because the barriers to entry to our AFL side are too great . We are so delusional about where we are at it’s not funny. Our strategy is completely incongruent

So according to Nicks a young player needs to match an older player’s impact on a game before they will be selected!

How does that philosophy ever allow a player to debut? All players in the draft this year will hope we don’t pick them because the barriers to entry to our AFL side are too great . We are so delusional about where we are at it’s not funny. Our strategy is completely incongruent
Nicks wants the young guys in the SANFL to get more AFL experience before he gives them a debut.

He "closed exits"... Then arrogantly say "I know that's footy terminology".. No, that's just BS Nicks talk. Mr Shape.
They might need to close exits at our home games soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impact Injury...Simples!

“If it’s 50/50, we’ll pick the younger player”.

Oscar Ryan, who has easily been a top 3 player in terms of consistency in our SANFL side this year, has still never even been named as an emergency.

Meanwhile, complete hacks like Smith, Murphy and Jones are racking up useless AFL games for fun.

I don’t think we’re making finals this decade. This level of cluelessness is unprecedented and will take years to recover from.

Really?
I was astonished (Himmelberg retained), mystified (Burgess named ... in case of what? Is Tex carrying a niggle/awareness?), appalled (Smith straight back, now watch him kick ootf or to Brisbane players most of the game), suspicious (Nank named on the bench) and totally fed up with Nicks.

The only change I'm looking for now is Nicks being sacked. Nothing else matters until he's gone.

There's only so much surprise and care factor I can have for his shit decisions

I heard Burns on the radio say how beneficial it’s been for the SANFL team to have Brodie at the back supporting and developing our young backmen

So why not keep him there

He played 1.25 games you Muppet.

I would say Oscar Ryan taught Brodie a thing or two about accountability and disposal.

In fairness, Brodie did teach the others how to kick out after a behind.

The narrative from the Club is reaching new levels of BS.

Brodie is a big part of the future. He’s 32 ffs 🤦
One thing about Nicks, he consistently utters absolute nonsensicle rubbish.

"big part of our future"? Smith turns 33 in January and has not displayed anything in the way of form at AFL level for a very long time. Smith is cooked, he is not the future, the kids he is keeping out may be the future but we won't know.

2024 has been a wasted season. What expectations can we have for 2025 when Nicks thinks Smith is a big part of it, and Murphy, and Jones, and ROB ......

Back