Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Who do you think will replace Rankine in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And there is evidence that our club has no ****ing idea.

We obviously planned on a good year, the fact it’s a fail, did they misread the coach? The list? Or did they plan on no injuries given they’ve gone down that excuse.

Clearly they overestimated the coach and li which brings into question their judgement and besides their pleas why should we trust them?
Of course they overestimated him, how else do you justify another 2 years?

Having the player testify "Didn't mean to!" has been unreasonably effective at the tribunal in the last two seasons. Both times Adelaide have declined to do that when their players are facing multiweek suspensions.
"Good Blokes don't mean to do bad things Your Honor"

Also would be happy with that.

However Curtin needs to play and needs to have a chance to get his hands on the footy for the remainder of the year. Taking Hinge’s role seems the best way to do that.
I'd be happy with either. Ryan probably deserves the call up first on his recent form. Also a pretty similar player to Hinge too.

Surely Oscar Ryan gets a run this week in place of Hinge. Taylor in for a full game in place of Izak and Jones to the sub role.

Clearly Murphy out of the side would be ideal but won't happen. Not buying talk of him 'shutting down' Neale in the 2nd half. Neale probably was shocked someone was standing in the same post code as him but blitzed the last quarter (9 damaging touches) when he got over it.

Wouldn't mind seeing Nank further up the ground on the wing or even have some time on ball sometime this season, his creativity and composure in tight spots could be valuable. Also valuable across half back but might as well have a look now that we're in a sandbox phase for the rest of the year.

Wouldn't mind seeing Nank further up the ground on the wing or even have some time on ball sometime this season, his creativity and composure in tight spots could be valuable. Also valuable across half back but might as well have a look now that we're in a sandbox phase for the rest of the year.

I disagree, he’s playing good footy let him gain confidence and build into next season.

We also, with the exception of Smith, have a young backline that is actually performing very well. It will be beneficial to let those guys learn how each other plays and build confidence in each other.

Nank’s skill set is best suited to half back anyway from what I’ve seen.

Surely Oscar Ryan gets a run this week in place of Hinge. Taylor in for a full game in place of Izak and Jones to the sub role.

Clearly Murphy out of the side would be ideal but won't happen. Not buying talk of him 'shutting down' Neale in the 2nd half. Neale probably was shocked someone was standing in the same post code as him but blitzed the last quarter (9 damaging touches) when he got over it.

The alternative is to bring Bond in to play the lock down defender role and move Max to a HBF.

Bond has also been serviceable at sanfl level in that lock down role.

To be clear, my first preference is to bring Ryan in. Has just improved every game this year. Looks a veteran already in the sanfl the way he comes off his man to shut down play.

Ryan's been playing well in the SANFL so with Hinge out, you can definitely make a case for him getting a debut.

I've been surprised that Nicks has been talking Bond up lately. I expected him to be an easy delist but it sounds like he might be closer to a game than people realised. As Rory Walkerfield suggested, playing Bond as a lockdown guy on a Higgins type could free Max up to provide more drive coming out of d50.

Keen for Curtin to keep getting more midfield minutes in the SANFL.

I want us to win every game we play but won't be devastated if we don't get the 4 points this weekend, as it'll mean we're favourites for pick 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be clear, my first preference is to bring Ryan in. Has just improved every game this year. Looks a veteran already in the sanfl the way he comes off his man to shut down play.
Nicks rarely picks the logical option. Whatever gets him sacked quicker would be my preference.

I would have preferred Ryan but I like it. See if he's worth keeping around, and he really has been extremely good as a small lock down defender. May allow players like Max and Nank to play more up ground too.

Totally agree, he looks a bit limited but he's been doing a great lockdown job at SANFL level. If he helps release the better backline ball users, it'll improve the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Back