Review R19: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

To get Hinge and Keays for literally nothing from Brisbane has probably been our absolute best piece of offseason recruiting in years....

Anyone else we can raid from them on the cheap!?
They owed us after we took Burton and Hass off their hands.

For me the best play of the day was Hinge kicking the ball back as he ran through to the half back line and then to kick the ball forward to see Fogarty mark that kick in amongst a group of players and to then run around them and kick the goal. They say it took all of 16 second but that also included the goal umpire doing his thing to signal the goal. My replay worked it out at 12 seconds from kick in to the ball going over the line. That just looked so smooth, so professional.

"Bonus good: watched the SANFL highlights and Toby Murray looks like a player."

Good enough to be promoted next week? We might need him in in the Ones.
I don't think so, was playing country footy last year so might need a bit more time. Brought onto the list to be Himmelberg replacement next year, how much he plays will depend on how his ruck craft develops (more a forward now), if Tex plays on and if/what new ruck we bring in etc. Moves like an AFL player though, can kick and takes a big mark.

Pretty close to consensus between the coaches then.

5 Keays
4 Fogarty
3 Merrett
2 Durham
1 Michalanney/Berry

5 Keays
4 Fogarty
3 Durham
2 Merrett
1 Berry/Michalanney
A win with no votes to Walker, Dawson or Rankine is a serious rarity. Second time that's happened since the start of 2022.

The other instance was the home win against Gold Coast late last year.

Also I think the first votes of Berry's career.

So glad we beat the cheats and the green maggot umpires. As much as I want pick 4, beating Brad Scott the whingebag was fantastic.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:
I've got no real reason to dislike Brad Scott whatsoever but for some reason shots of him in the box when they're losing are deeply satisfying

Finally getting to watch the game, **** me this umpiring is just blatant cheating. Hinge summed it up in the third quarter when he said to the ump you've just given them three goals.

"And counting" was the reply if my lip-reading skills are accurate

To get Hinge and Keays for literally nothing from Brisbane has probably been our absolute best piece of offseason recruiting in years....

Anyone else we can raid from them on the cheap!?
We are quite good at finding rookies and late picks and delistees...

Just need to like... make decent first round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got no real reason to dislike Brad Scott whatsoever but for some reason shots of him in the box when they're losing are deeply satisfying

"And counting" was the reply if my lip-reading skills are accurate
It's probably because they were such fierce competitors but MAN are the Scott Bros. sore loosers!
That Brad Scott press conference might as well of been a big bottle of Saxa 🧂🎙

It's probably because they were such fierce competitors but MAN are the Scott Bros. sore loosers!
That Brad Scott press conference might as well of been a big bottle of Saxa 🧂🎙
"Is there a question there"?

😄

How good were the kids? Taylor, Bond, Dowling, Nank, Max, Soli, Berry all prepared to take the game on and back themselves. Suddenly we looked aggressive and attacking. Hope Nicks saw it.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nicks:
Dont Like It GIF by CBS

How bad is jake Kelly. So glad he's not on our list. We didn't even de-list the bloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R19: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back