Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine for Murphy next week
Will be an interesting test of the Mackay Rule next week.

Everytime the axe hovered and a selection squeeze brewed, someone would get injured or suspended or breach curfew and the great man would survive. Or we'd decide to change structure which would create a spot for him.

The rule was that nothing occurs at the Adelaide Football Club that doesn't have direct, personal benefit to D Mackay.

So next week we seemingly have Rankine in for Murphy. What twist of fate will save New Mackay? A Covid variant wipes our half forward options? Rankine has some hamstring awareness in the captain's run? We decide to send Rachele off early for surgery? We decide Billy Dowling needs a freshen up?

There will be something.

Whose going to be the nominated kick it out of bounds on the full player or will there be multiple?
On that ground, its probably safer to pump it out on the full up the flank than it is trying to play through the middle where Stewart will just mop up and send it back the other way

Can't wait to see a CBA of Laird, Crouch and Dawson... :sick:

Looking forward to all the long bomb/hack kicks to Tom Stewart as well. Murphy to get the Pedlar job on him this week :drunk:

Just excitement galore for this game !

I'm so excited that I won't even watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cook seems somewhat lazy. But has real talent.

Murphy is a hard worker, minimal real talent.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't Dermie call Murphy lazy?

I wouldn't of picked Crouch, he will get 30 touches but his defensive work will be non existent again.

Looking at some of the defensive matchups:

• assume Keane/Muz to Cameron/Neale
  • can’t give Stengle a sniff, perhaps Bond?
  • Max to Henry or Dempsey
  • Leaves Nank/Hinge to take Mannagh/Close

Or does Nicksy do the unthinkable and move Laird into the back six on one of the smalls?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back