Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be an interesting test of the Mackay Rule next week.

Everytime the axe hovered and a selection squeeze brewed, someone would get injured or suspended or breach curfew and the great man would survive. Or we'd decide to change structure which would create a spot for him.

The rule was that nothing occurs at the Adelaide Football Club that doesn't have direct, personal benefit to D Mackay.

So next week we seemingly have Rankine in for Murphy. What twist of fate will save New Mackay? A Covid variant wipes our half forward options? Rankine has some hamstring awareness in the captain's run? We decide to send Rachele off early for surgery? We decide Billy Dowling needs a freshen up?

There will be something.

You have gotten your category of whipping boys all mixed up.

Murphy belongs in the Wright/Petrenko grouping of whipping boys.

Mackay belongs in the Doughty/Reilly grouping.

I reckon the continued Murphy selection tells us a lot about what Nicks is like as a person and a leader. He has to know what the world is saying about Murphy, but he is just being a stubborn sh!t to indicate just who is in charge here. This is a concrete example of why he needs to go. He is making it about him above any other consideration.

So smith was out with illness supposedly last week, but is now fit and isn’t back in the side 🙄. I’m certainly not arguing for him to be in but I am sick and tired of the lies in selection. He was dropped ffs ! I wonder if jones is the same . Our coach is a weak lier

Very interested to see how we matchup on the Geelong Talls.

This will be the first time that Murray, Woz and Keane all play in the same team together.

Interestingly Murray and Woz have only played AFL football together 10 times, and our 3 best defenders (Murray, Woz and Max) have only had 6 AFL games together.

So smith was out with illness supposedly last week, but is now fit and isn’t back in the side 🙄. I’m certainly not arguing for him to be in but I am sick and tired of the lies in selection. He was dropped ffs ! I wonder if jones is the same . Our coach is a weak lier
Jones & partner expecting their 1st child.

Hopefully Nicks has finally worked out Smith has been in poor form all year.

Smith is currently on 15 games, and there was supposedly a trigger in his contract for an extension

There's a possibility we are managing him so he doesn't reach the trigger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the time to start the process of using Laird as sub, bring on for Berry or Crouch. Make him perform not just rock up each week and bomb in forward
Laird quit on the team last week (not for the first time this season). He stopped chasing completely.
Yet we reward him with ongoing selection.

It doesn't matter though. With Crouch back, we will have that elite midfield that dominated the opening rounds of the season back. It's all we needed really...

Smith is currently on 15 games, and there was supposedly a trigger in his contract for an extension

There's a possibility we are managing him so he doesn't reach the trigger
Smith would be going on about it in the media if he didn't make the trigger. Pretty sure he already has if it exists.

Why not bring Crouch straight back into the AFL side without an SANFL warmup game after spending 8 weeks out injured.

So much to play for - I mean - how in the hell can we move up on the ladder from 15 to 14 without him?!?!?
Well, when you put it like that....
This Is Crazy Fx Networks GIF by Reservation Dogs

I reckon the continued Murphy selection tells us a lot about what Nicks is like as a person and a leader. He has to know what the world is saying about Murphy, but he is just being a stubborn sh!t to indicate just who is in charge here. This is a concrete example of why he needs to go. He is making it about him above any other consideration.
I don't think there is anyone to replace Murphy with.

McHenry sucks and fumbles way too often
Rankine is out for what feels like 10 weeks.
Stengle and McAdam play for other clubs
D. Jarman is too fat
We pushed Vardy out because Ayres hated forwards

D. Jarman is too fat
I can answer that in a nanosecond

Murphy out of the side, Dowling to play his role. If we need to bring in the extra body, lets give Ryan a game or 4 to end the season

Looking at some of the defensive matchups:

• assume Keane/Muz to Cameron/Neale
  • can’t give Stengle a sniff, perhaps Bond?
  • Max to Henry or Dempsey
  • Leaves Nank/Hinge to take Mannagh/Close

Or does Nicksy do the unthinkable and move Laird into the back six on one of the smalls?
seriously? "Can't give Stengle a sniff" - top shelf trolling right there :cool::cool:

D. Jarman is too fat
McLeod still looks in good nick...

Whose going to be the nominated kick it out of bounds on the full player or will there be multiple?

The LIE and the REALITY side by side

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 10.31.40 AM.png Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 10.34.09 AM.png

No wonder it is the greatest home ground advantage in the AFL

FMD I knew it was bad from all the commentary on BF but seriously, how is this AFL standard?

All teams need to study how Geelong bring the ball back into play and copy that.
I'm sure most teams have studied that. Us? Yeah, not based on past performances there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back