Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I can answer that in a nanosecond

Murphy out of the side, Dowling to play his role. If we need to bring in the extra body, lets give Ryan a game or 4 to end the season
Murphy out

Possible replacements in his role this week:
Berry
Taylor
Dowling
Curtin
Laird

just about anyone.

Lol, snd Murphy is??

Just cos he's small doesn't make him a small forward.

Literally every player on our list under 185cm would do a better job than Murphy.
He plays forward and is 176CM= small forward.

All the guys who "would do a better job" are in the side, injured or suspended.

Our options are either McHenry or Schoenberg to replace him. Inspiring.

I reckon the continued Murphy selection tells us a lot about what Nicks is like as a person and a leader. He has to know what the world is saying about Murphy, but he is just being a stubborn sh!t to indicate just who is in charge here. This is a concrete example of why he needs to go. He is making it about him above any other consideration.
I have been thinking the same thing with how they have handled Curtin. Nicks knows everyone wanted him to be in the side, but he kept him out as long as he could because he is stubborn and doesn't like to be told what to do with his team.

I reckon the continued Murphy selection tells us a lot about what Nicks is like as a person and a leader. He has to know what the world is saying about Murphy, but he is just being a stubborn sh!t to indicate just who is in charge here. This is a concrete example of why he needs to go. He is making it about him above any other consideration.

Bang on, it's this arrogance which will be his downfall.

To be honest, the arrogant culture permeates all through our club which is why we lack the success of others.

What a load of complete and utter garbage.

This is the reality of the situation, as distinct from your weird projection:
He plays forward and is 176CM= small forward.

All the guys who "would do a better job" are in the side, injured or suspended.

Our options are either McHenry or Schoenberg to replace him. Inspiring.

Laird quit on the team last week (not for the first time this season). He stopped chasing completely.
Yet we reward him with ongoing selection.

It doesn't matter though. With Crouch back, we will have that elite midfield that dominated the opening rounds of the season back. It's all we needed really...

Blighty might be having a shot at Laird at about the halfway mark

What a load of complete and utter garbage.

This is the reality of the situation, as distinct from your weird projection:
Except the only characteristic Murphy has that is small forward is his height.

He’s kicked 8 goals in 13 games.
Averages 1.4 tackles inside 50.

Then throw up the fact Nicks pushes him up the ground and we don’t need someone small to play Murphy’s role.

Lol, snd Murphy is??

Just cos he's small doesn't make him a small forward.

Literally every player on our list under 185cm would do a better job than Murphy.

Yes, Murphy is a small forward who can occasionally run through the midfield. He is going to go out of the side as soon as Rankine comes back in.

I'm sure all the armchair coaches out there have been following Murphy's I50 tackle count, right?. Murphy isn't in the team to do anything but apply pressure up there, TRY and jag a goal, and tackles. It's laughable that people think he's not one of the quicker closing speed players in our team, also laughable that someone else like Dowling has that kind of speed in applying pressure, Dowling provides more of an offensive option up forward...

You may have noticed we're glacially slow in our F50 with Walker/Berg/Fog/TT combinations, and we're one of the worst in the comp for I50 pressure, and I50 tackles, some Murphy stats

Tackles I50 vs Sydney = 2 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Brisbane = 3 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Saints = 4 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Essendon = 0
Tackles I50 vs hawks = 2 (Team highest)

Do people use their brain or do they just get stuck yelling at a player and reinforcing their own bias?

We're need a critical thinking course for this board...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, Murphy is a small forward who can occasionally run through the midfield. He is going to go out of the side as soon as Rankine comes back in.
What makes you say that?

He was a regular in the team prior to Rankine going out. Taylor, Curtin or Berry will be more likely to make way.

We'd probably bring McFumbles in as his replacement, given the lack of alternatives on our list. Your call!

There are other options, though. We don't need someone to replace Murphy's current role. It's not like he's offering much in it anyway.

Ryan could come in, and we could see how Worrell/Keane go up forward, for example?

I'm sure all the armchair coaches out there have been following Murphy's I50 tackle count, right?. Murphy isn't in the team to do anything but apply pressure up there, TRY and jag a goal, and tackles. It's laughable that people think he's not one of the quicker closing speed players in our team, also laughable that someone else like Dowling has that kind of speed in applying pressure, Dowling provides more of an offensive option up forward...

You may have noticed we're glacially slow in our F50 with Walker/Berg/Fog/TT combinations, and we're one of the worst in the comp for I50 pressure, and I50 tackles, some Murphy stats

Tackles I50 vs Sydney = 2 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Brisbane = 3 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Saints = 4 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Essendon = 0
Tackles I50 vs hawks = 2 (Team highest)

Do people use their brain or do they just get stuck yelling at a player and reinforcing their own bias?

We're need a critical thinking course for this board...
It’s amazing you whinge about the quality of the posting and Mods on this board and then post in a way designed to initiate a reaction, seems odd.

Anyway Murphy has played 13 games, you’ve highlighted 4 where he’s been the highest inside 50 tackle count, woohoo.

You’ll also understand that Rankine and Murphy have played numerous games in the same side this year, it hasn’t been one or the other. You’d also have noticed that Rankine has been playing midfield not small forward.

Perhaps you should be the first poster enrolled in the course so we can see if it’s any good if you improve your posting.

There are other options, though. We don't need someone to replace Murphy's current role. It's not like he's offering much in it anyway.

Ryan could come in, and we could see how Worrell/Keane go up forward, for example?
Maybe we could try someone else in the role - but Worrell/Keane is a shocking idea. We just dropped Himmelberg because a forward line with 4x talls just didn't work. Bringing Worrell/Keane into the forward line would just re-create the problems we had last week (even if they are better players than Berg).

I'm not totally against the idea of trialing Dowling or Taylor in the role, but the idea of replacing Murphy with a tall is just horrible.

I agree that Murphy isn't giving us a lot, and that he should be replaced as soon as we have a decent option to do so - but replacing him with a tall objectively makes the team even worse.

Mcleod was pushed out of the club, funny that our best ever player doesnt want anything to do with the club.
Plenty of other staff also lost their jobs when the funding for his program was cut due to Covid. I thought it was pretty average on his behalf when after this he started ragging on the club on how he didn’t feel welcome there. Strange take considering he was staff and had an office.

It’s amazing you whinge about the quality of the posting and Mods on this board and then post in a way designed to initiate a reaction, seems odd.

Anyway Murphy has played 13 games, you’ve highlighted 4 where he’s been the highest inside 50 tackle count, woohoo.

You’ll also understand that Rankine and Murphy have played numerous games in the same side this year, it hasn’t been one or the other. You’d also have noticed that Rankine has been playing midfield not small forward.

Perhaps you should be the first poster enrolled in the course so we can see if it’s any good if you improve your posting.
1.4 inside 50 tackles a game

1.5 inside 50 ground ball gets

2.6 turnovers a game

3.3 effective kicks per game.

So smith was out with illness supposedly last week, but is now fit and isn’t back in the side . I’m certainly not arguing for him to be in but I am sick and tired of the lies in selection. He was dropped ffs ! I wonder if jones is the same . Our coach is a weak lier
Last time he was dropped us Internet folk upset his feelings....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back