Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

In a season that is shot why would our priorities not be to keep getting games into players?

Unless ylu think Cook is a delist.

If we were bringing in another young player for him I'd cop the form argument but we aren't.

Already getting torched by other sides who have been pumping in games.

No logic here.

Why would Cook be a delist? We just extended his contract to 2026 in the last 3 weeks.

But hey, we are talking the AFC tho.

Very interesting approach from Geelong in regards to Stengle.
Basically they are saying he had a hiccup, but he's an adult. If it impacts his performance then they will act, otherwise not their problem.

In some ways I applaud Geelong for telling everyone to bugger off and not overreacting.

On the other hand if we had done the same, both the Vic media AND the AFL would have torn us a new one.
The precedent is set now though. Unconscious, ambulance, hospital = no big deal. Play on.

Very interesting approach from Geelong in regards to Stengle.
Basically they are saying he had a hiccup, but he's an adult. If it impacts his performance then they will act, otherwise not their problem.

In some ways I applaud Geelong for telling everyone to bugger off and not overreacting.

On the other hand if we had done the same, both the Vic media AND the AFL would have torn us a new one.
The precedent is set now though. Unconscious, ambulance, hospital = no big deal. Play on.

So when we have this type of incident just give them Patrick Dangerfields mobile no and ask them to contact him. Say we just following Geelong’s protocol.

A shame Neil Craig didn't play him a little more often in his early years

Suspect Tex will finish top 5, which is an awesome career, given he lost games due ACL too.

Last edited:
Looking at some of the defensive matchups:

• assume Keane/Muz to Cameron/Neale
  • can’t give Stengle a sniff, perhaps Bond?
  • Max to Henry or Dempsey
  • Leaves Nank/Hinge to take Mannagh/Close

Or does Nicksy do the unthinkable and move Laird into the back six on one of the smalls?

Nice pun there about Stengle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.4 inside 50 tackles a game

1.5 inside 50 ground ball gets

2.6 turnovers a game

3.3 effective kicks per game.

Are people really suggesting none of our other sub 185cm players could average 1.4 tackles and 1.5 ground ball gets per game?

I reckon half of us on here could match those stats, let alone guys on our list.

These are meant to be Murphy'strong suit - as its certainly not kicking goals.

We must be taking plenty of emergencies over, or we're going to have a late out? Burgess at the airport.

The SANFL has a bye so we can take the entire squad over if we want.

Coaches a bit pissed having to change the schedule due to not being allowed a run on GMHBA stadium as is usual given we have quite a few players in the current team that have never played there and the fact it's pretty different to most AFL ovals dimensions wise. Sounds like it's still a mudheap?

Coaches a bit pissed having to change the schedule due to not being allowed a run on GMHBA stadium as is usual given we have quite a few players in the current team that have never played there and the fact it's pretty different to most AFL ovals dimensions wise. Sounds like it's still a mudheap?

Sh!theap (and mudheap this time) :tongueoutv1:

Tackles I50 vs Sydney = 2 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Brisbane = 3 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Saints = 4 (Team Highest)
Tackles I50 vs Essendon = 0
Tackles I50 vs hawks = 2 (Team highest)

Is this meant to be positive?

Because they're pretty terrible numbers for a small pressure forward, who barely kicks goals and generally has minimal possessions.

This might be more relevant - and it's not inspiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R21: Changes vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back