Preview R21 Elimination Final: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG (A), Sunday 13th, 1:10pm AEST *Brown's 150th*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longer is going to need all the help he can get against Gawn, who killed us in the ruck earlier in the season. Now that Roo is out, we could replace him with another tall in Marshall, who could also provide support in the ruck. If not Marshall, why not play two rucks and include Hickey who is performing well for Sandringham.

Or Gilbert, who is a far more sensible second ruck than Bruuuce.

The question is, which spud is going to do a Calum Sinclair on us this week? Knowing our luck, probably Christian Fatracca

Nah the only equivalent to that disaster would be Cam Pedersen kicking a bag. Almost identical players, dull journeymen who wouldn't rate a mention in planning meetings.

Here's a better stat - the last time St Kilda won a game with a team that contain no player who played in either of the 2009 or 2010 Grand Final sides was Round 4, 1999.

Well in that case, let's party like it's then :cool:

PR3.gif

Here's a better stat - the last time St Kilda won a game with a team that contain no player who played in either of the 2009 or 2010 Grand Final sides was Round 4, 1999.

Great stat but not true if Gilbert plays.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gilbo in for Roo, reckon it gives us the opportunity to float Carlisle forward to stretch their defense, they don't really a tall forward line

Brown will go onto Weideman. Think it's kind of weird to drop players but still have them on the extended bench. The Dees have omitted 4 players which is a lot. They will be looking to rediscover form, we go into the game in quite good form which should give us an advantage.

Have to say I think Weideman is strange inclusion for this game. Has looked miles off it from what I've seen, may have improved lately though.

Important thing is to go out hard from the start. Midfield battle will be crucial, good chance to get some redemption in that area.

Brown will go onto Weideman. Think it's kind of weird to drop players but still have them on the extended bench. The Dees have omitted 4 players which is a lot. They will be looking to rediscover form, we go into the game in quite good form which should give us an advantage.

Have to say I think Weideman is strange inclusion for this game. Has looked miles off it from what I've seen, may have improved lately though.

Important thing is to go out hard from the start. Midfield battle will be crucial, good chance to get some redemption in that area.

I reckon he's there to draw his player more than win the game off his own boot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back