Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe because the man child posters of this board donā€™t have the tactical nouse or inside knowledge to understand the any of it.

Keep yelling at clouds everyone, weā€™re making progress and I love it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stevie Wonder GIF by John Legend

Great game, completely understandable leaving Curtin on the pine with the game on the line. Crouch no doubt came off when he was properly done, and Iā€™d guess that was communicated to Curtin as the sub before the game started.

Fantastic work by Nicks and the coaching group, hugely entertaining game with big moments

The absolute man child melts on this board are hilarious

Your standards:

1722688371539.png

Not yet and neither are JHF or Reid who you mentioned but after what he has shown this year, he is in front of them to get to those players level in the next few year ;)

But they will develop into those types. You need one to win a flag.

Anyway I think Rankine is elite but just don't think he will take the team to a flag. Hope I'm wrong.

Great game, completely understandable leaving Curtin on the pine with the game on the line. Crouch no doubt came off when he was properly done, and Iā€™d guess that was communicated to Curtin as the sub before the game started.

Fantastic work by Nicks and the coaching group, hugely entertaining game with big moments

How good are honourable losses. The best 15th ranked side the comp has had in years.

episode 2 house GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0.2 to 3.4 between the 3rd and 30th minute in the 4th quarter

Great job Nicks, pats and high fives all around šŸ‘
One of the most infuriating things about this game was us trying to defend a 2 point margin with just under 8 minutes on the clock to go with a full defensive flood, basically no chance of scoring ourselves. Just idiotic and ugly stuff. Who the hell wants to watch that?

But they will develop into those types. You need one to win a flag.

Anyway I think Rankine is elite but just don't think he will take the team to a flag. Hope I'm wrong.
Didn't someone said you need elite players to have a chance of winning premiership? So why wouldn't Rankine given he is elite, he has already won us games from his performance this year.

Last edited:
One of the most infuriating things about this game was us trying to defend a 2 point margin with just under 8 minutes on the clock to go with a full defensive flood, basically no chance of scoring ourselves. Just idiotic and ugly stuff. Who the hell wants to watch that?
Well, clearly the players were getting tired because he used sub Curtin into the game until 4 minutes left so he had to flood lol.

Lots of positives. Like I keep saying, we are there and there abouts. We just need a good ruck, a big bodied mid and perhaps a key defender. HOWEVER, there were some fundamentally moronic moments by the coach that makes me think either heā€™s tanking, or heā€™s just not that smart. And honestly, I donā€™t think heā€™s smart enough to think of tanking in any case. Dawson was clearly injured which is why he was on the sidelines in that final 10 minutes, but THATā€™s when (at the very latest) Curtin should have been subbed in. But then you put the injured Dawson on the ground and move him forward?? WTF? The subbing was THE most ridiculous thing Iā€™ve ever seen in footy (next to the injured Tom Lynch sub) but putting Dawson where the ball wasnā€™t was a close second. I donā€™t want Curtin to ask for a trade. I want Nicks to be traded.
Subbing Soligo when he was our best player against Collingwood is right up there.

Nicks not asked one question in his presser about his moves in the last 10 minutes.

It's not really their job, though. We're a bottom team and we lost a game we were expected to lose - their entire job at the post game media conference is to ask the same questions they always ask, and get a couple of quotes to insert into the match report they finished writing before the game was over.

They only ask extraordinary questions if something extraordinary has happened, and that's usually done by one of the headline hunters who doesn't normally attend.

-16 on Inside 50's and -9 on scoring shots, as well as being -18 at stoppage clearances. ROB dominated the hitouts and it did nothing to help us win around the ground.

Got up by 10, I don't think Nicks knows how to win games, he just tries to hold onto them. Squeezes it so tightly they just slip through our fingers though.

The talk of using the sub as an "impact player" was obviously just some BS he came up with to justify subbing Curtin off twice earlier in the year. He's shown very little interest in using him, which makes me wonder who is forcing him to select him at this point, cause it can't be Nicks who wants him in the team.

You do know Occam didn't mean you should strive to be the simplest man on earth Ray?

Malcolm Blight famously left Lucas Herbert on the interchange bench for the whole match in round13 1999 to teach him a lesson and was widely panned for it. But he was a late draft pick and a ruckman who wasnā€™t all that good.

Nicks leaves Curtin, a high draft pick who can play, on the bench for basically the same amount of time when we ran out of steam in a close one. If playing youth too early destroys their confidence, what does messing with their mind yet again do?

Last edited:
We looked half decent when RT went into the ruck, more dangerous and his footskills are superb for a big man.

Unfortunately we need him up forward but it highlights (not that we needed it) how bad ROB is.

It could even add to Nicks thinking re gameplan on having +1 at stoppages. To make up for ROB.

Also shows how woeful and inept our recruiters/list management are.

The whole club needs a clean out and replaced with competent people.

Didnā€™t bother to watch instead saw Deadpool and Wolverine.

Came out of the cinema saw the margin and thought - oh great another close loss.
The Intro was what I hoped we'd do to Geelong.
In the end we were Nicepool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back