Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game, completely understandable leaving Curtin on the pine with the game on the line. Crouch no doubt came off when he was properly done, and I’d guess that was communicated to Curtin as the sub before the game started.

Fantastic work by Nicks and the coaching group, hugely entertaining game with big moments

The absolute man child melts on this board are hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wowsers, still not sure if this is a legit take
As long as we decided at the start of the game that crouch was the only possible player to get subbed then it was truly a tactical master-stroke
I mean who needs in game awareness when you can plan it that perfectly from the start

Remember when we were less than a goal down with 20 seconds left in the last and he set up a loose man in defence?

Malcolm Blight famously left Lucas Herbert on the interchange bench for the whole match in round13 2011 to teach him a lesson and was widely panned for it. But he was a late draft pick and a ruckman who wasn’t all that good.

Nicks leaves Curtin, a high draft pick who can play, on the bench for basically the same amount of time when we ran out of steam in a close one. If playing youth too early destroys their confidence, what does messing with their mind yet again do?
Lucas Herbert had 2 no stats games in 2009 when Blight was still coach - Round 10 & 16.

Lucas Herbert and Mathew Golding (admittedly only a kid) of 2009 make Strachan look AA quality in comparison, and ROB a rucking legend of the game.

Malcolm Blight famously left Lucas Herbert on the interchange bench for the whole match in round13 2011 to teach him a lesson and was widely panned for it. But he was a late draft pick and a ruckman who wasn’t all that good.

Nicks leaves Curtin, a high draft pick who can play, on the bench for basically the same amount of time when we ran out of steam in a close one. If playing youth too early destroys their confidence, what does messing with their mind yet again do?
Lucas Herbert had 2 no stats games in 2009 when Blight was still coach - Round 10 & 16.

Lucas Herbert and Mathew Golding (admittedly only a kid) of 2009 make Strachan look AA quality in comparison, and ROB a rucking legend of the game.
Are we living in 2034

2009? 2011?

I agree that persisting with Lucas Herbert for 12 years really was a sour note on the 15 seasons under Blight. It really undermined what he achieved in his first 2 seasons. In the end I was glad when he was replaced by Sanderson.

Another sub 10 possession game from mr undroppable..how many weeks in a row is that now

#bodyofwork

View attachment 2068106
For Murphy? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.
For Fogarty? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.
For Walker? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.
For Bond? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.

Faaaaaark… serious get rid of this useless piece of shit..

Not a leaders arseh*le.. not even an AFL standard player..

Another 1 possession last quarter when the game was on the line from this so called “leader”..

What a fxxkn joke:
View attachment 2067553
He's our version of what Kayne Turner was for North. A small forward that can't kick goals, a pressure forward that doesn't provide pressure, can't tag (Impey destroyed him last week) and can't find the ball yet both are/were in their respective Team's leadership groups.

Very similar stats over their careers too.

I genuinely didn't think there was any way the club could upset me by losing the game. I don't care that we lost, it's good that we did, winning was bad for our long term interests great.

And then they did that to Curtin.

I genuinely want absolutely nothing to do with this club. What an absolutely disgusting act by Nicks, just a pathetic way to treat a kid who you've done nothing but shit on since we drafted and hyped up.
It’s completely unacceptable but who at the club cares? No one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game, completely understandable leaving Curtin on the pine with the game on the line. Crouch no doubt came off when he was properly done, and I’d guess that was communicated to Curtin as the sub before the game started.

Fantastic work by Nicks and the coaching group, hugely entertaining game with big moments

The absolute man child melts on this board are hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
LoL I hope you set higher standards for your own life. Saying it's man child melts shows how low your aiming. 5 years in and a bottom 4 finish is trash and I guarantee you didn't think that was happening at the start of this year

It's like having to realise you're parents don't have all the answers and they can actually be wrong. It's scary but necessary for growth but blindly following and accepting under the daddy knows best vision makes you look foolish.

Good:
Thilthorpe and Rachele obviously, Worrell very good on his return too I felt.

Bad:
Murphy - just why? What does he add?
Crouch and Laird. They are our most experienced mids, and yet they continue to stat pad. Only 9 of Matt’s 26 possessions were contested, yet he only kicked it 7 times. Only 9 of Rory’s 29 were contested, he only kicked it 10 times. Continually getting cheap handballs and doing nothing with it.

Ugly:
Nicks, another close game situation that we failed to manage correctly. Takes his career record to 10-1-21 in games decided by 2 goals or less.
Absolutely ****ed over Curtin. He has now played four games and yet to see a full game, was given four minutes to make an impact. Shouldn’t have been sub in the first place, but what did we gain from leaving Crouch out there that long? If Curtin packs his bags at the end of the year I would not blame him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back