Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

For Murphy? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.
For Fogarty? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.
For Walker? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.
For Bond? This is his second game in a row under 10 possessions.
Yep, my bad, that was the 1 game R19 between R16 and yesterday he got more than 10 touches..

Too much negativity on the board. I can understand why last week this was so but there were so many positives from game including moves by much maligned coaches

Laird to half back on miers. Really quelled his influence. Finally happened and he gave us much needed rebound

Thilthorpe making Geelong defence look ordinary at times and when he was rucking we often got ball away from stoppages

Bond on Stengle. All Australian Stengle out manoeuvred him twice in first half but did not have huge influence in second. Bond is the human leach and better than I thought he would be at this level. He can be our tagger in time

Thought our defence was very good considering ball went in there 60x. Murray worrell all underdone but did some good things on night

Rachele played one of his best games for club

Taylor’s first half pure silk. Needs to stay in game and get even fitter

Sholl now playing tougher football. Thought he was one of our best and now kicks important goals most weeks

Berry worked hard as did Dawson. Just need some silk in there. Don’t waste pick 4 next year.

Hinges game kept us in it at times. Did he play wing if so great move. I want him in the midfield now we have worrell back in defence

Game also showed us we need ruck support small forward and dynamic game winning midfielder to help us move forward

Too much negativity on the board. I can understand why last week this was so but there were so many positives from game including moves by much maligned coaches

Laird to half back on miers. Really quelled his influence. Finally happened and he gave us much needed rebound

Thilthorpe making Geelong defence look ordinary at times and when he was rucking we often got ball away from stoppages

Bond on Stengle. All Australian Stengle out manoeuvred him twice in first half but did not have huge influence in second. Bond is the human leach and better than I thought he would be at this level. He can be our tagger in time

Thought our defence was very good considering ball went in there 60x. Murray worrell all underdone but did some good things on night

Sholl now playing tougher football. Thought he was one of our best and now kicks important goals most weeks

Berry worked hard as did Dawson. Just need some silk in there. Don’t waste pick 4 next year.

Hinges game kept us in it at times. Did he play wing if so great move. I want him in the midfield now we have worrell back in defence

Game also showed us we need ruck support small forward and dynamic game winning midfielder to help us move forward
Curtin as sub until 4 minutes to go and the save the game plan overrides most of the good stuff.
We will never be successful with those two club killing initiatives.

Thilthorpe was outstanding, and given he is short on game time he provides great excitement for AFC. He will become a dominant force as a forward in the AFL. Third quarter we saw more yardage from running with the ball, which opened up the game and exposed Geelong. You hope that the review focuses on this, to move away from the overuse with the hands which has been a major deficiency with this group, will be a huge step forward for the club. I long for the day when this group can understand what happens to your movement patterns when you use reflex and break and carry, Hawthorn again exposed this glaring issue for AFC last week , yesterday was a huge positive for the club, getting Worrell back and Dawson who are proper quality and the return of Rankine who is an elite footballer, gives the club hope for the future. I am not a Nicks fan, he has had 5 years to teach and direct proper movement of the ball, he has not done that. End story.

What gets me is that the people predicting a forty goal defeat before the game are the ones losing their shit when we lose by two.

Are people losing their shit over the actual loss, or because of the coaching and player selection/sub? Yes the loss is disappointing but I think most are ok with a loss given the impact on our draft pick. (Edit: and there was lots of positive with individual player performances). It's purely Nicks people are losing their shit over.

Are people losing their shit over the actual loss, or because of the coaching and player selection/sub? Yes the loss is disappointing but I think most are ok with a loss given the impact on our draft pick. It's purely Nicks people are losing their shit over.
If Curtin leaves because of Nicks treatment we may as well shut down the club.

What gets me is that the people predicting a forty goal defeat before the game are the ones losing their shit when we lose by two.
Whats gets me is that again your only contribution is to complain about posters.

No comments about the game? Where do you think we lost it? What’s your opinion on Nicks treatment of Curtin?

This will be riveting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it but our posts here make no difference to what the club does
However I think indirectly it does.

A few posters on here have stated they wont either attend or renew their membership for next year. Hopefully this response indirectly sends a message to the Club.

There was a lot of good yesterday. The response after last week was pleasing, even if it took until the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter to rock up to the ground.

Rachele played probably his most complete game. More of that please.
Fog got us going in the 1st with a couple of great clunks, and some sexy passes. Was involved directly or indirectly in our first 5 goals. Faded out a bit but it seemed like they played tighter on him.
RT was a monster. I know he's kicked 5 in a game multiple times, but it seemed like a more rounded game. Gave us a spark in the ruck and his goal in the last was elite.
Taylor had a really good 1st half. Some moments to forget in the second.
Worrell, it was just nice to have him back.

The sad thing is, we don't know how to win close ones. I said after the Essendon game, we were lucky to win it. Same as Carlton. They all follow the same script. We get in front, and then go directly into our shells. Happened in the Collingwood game too. Got in front, and then it was a matter of when they scored, not if. We're too conservative. That stems from the coaching box.

Are people losing their shit over the actual loss, or because of the coaching and player selection/sub? Yes the loss is disappointing but I think most are ok with a loss given the impact on our draft pick. (Edit: and there was lots of positive with individual player performances). It's purely Nicks people are losing their shit over.
But you don’t give him any credit when we play well. You only whine about the negatives. If it’s his fault we lost by under a goal then it’s also down to him that we very nearly beat Geelong at Geelong.

There was a lot of good yesterday. The response after last week was pleasing, even if it took until the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter to rock up to the ground.

Rachele played probably his most complete game. More of that please.
Fog got us going in the 1st with a couple of great clunks, and some sexy passes. Was involved directly or indirectly in our first 5 goals. Faded out a bit but it seemed like they played tighter on him.
RT was a monster. I know he's kicked 5 in a game multiple times, but it seemed like a more rounded game. Gave us a spark in the ruck and his goal in the last was elite.
Taylor had a really good 1st half. Some moments to forget in the second.
Worrell, it was just nice to have him back.

The sad thing is, we don't know how to win close ones. I said after the Essendon game, we were lucky to win it. Same as Carlton. They all follow the same script. We get in front, and then go directly into our shells. Happened in the Collingwood game too. Got in front, and then it was a matter of when they scored, not if. We're too conservative. That stems from the coaching box.
That's correct right there. Went one man behind the ball when we hit the lead. The only way as we proved it was to attack and catch them out. They were still there when they hit the front.

While it wasn't the big loss I predicted after last week, the effort by the players were very good in spite of the coaching panel. That was GOOD. It was still a loss to improve our drafting chances, but the near win will enhance Nicks "We're on the right track". That was BAD.

The biggest shitshow was the complete waste of not using Curtin earlier. That was UGLY.

But you don’t give him any credit when we play well. You only whine about the negatives. If it’s his fault we lost by under a goal then it’s also down to him that we very nearly beat Geelong at Geelong.

Can’t believe people are still defending a coach who has taken us to the lofty highs of 15th place in his 4th season in charge. A bloke with th all time lowest winning percentage in the history of the club. Really?

Nicks is now one of the longest tenured coaches the Crows have ever had. And has never made a final.

Like him or not, we need to see something new next year.

Drop him now, and get first shot at the coach market.
Exactly if we wait and give Port/Eagles the first crack at a new coach, we will end up with another spud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back