Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Really sums up our drafting and list management that our two best inside mids aren't even midfielders.
Do you think Dawson in particular does his most damaging work for the team inside the contest or outside the contest?

For mine it's no contest, he's an absolute weapon outside the contest where his elite kicking sets up so many scoring opportunities.

Thus, by having no versatility, Matt Crouch is truly our best midfielder
Nope Rankine is.

Quick by hand and foot in the middle/in traffic, burst speed with skillset to kick the ball accurately whilst at that high speed.

Plus kicks goals himself.

Every elite mid has those traits.

As Mutineer said, midfielders need versatility. Can only have one or two pure mids on your list.

Crouch and Berry are ours.

Dawson can and will play midfield depending on the game situation. But he no longer needs to be our best midfielder.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you think Dawson in particular does his most damaging work for the team inside the contest or outside the contest?

For mine it's no contest, he's an absolute weapon outside the contest where his elite kicking sets up so many scoring opportunities.
Once we beef the mids up he could be an absolute weapon on a wing

For the first four rounds? Not sure, but he’s definitely used them.

And have to laugh at the injury excuses for the Richmond loss. They had a shit load of injuries too. We were playing at home and they’ve won 2 games for the year including beating us.

How some of you sycophants can continue to dismiss criticisms, make excuses for a club and coach that has consistently made basic errors is downright embarrassing.

Let me guess you all think Nicks is now a genius for playing Curtin up forward due to injury?

Nah mate, the loss to one-win and currently 2-19 Richmond at home is totally justified because Mostyn thought they'd win

Nah mate, the loss to one-win and currently 2-19 Richmond at home is totally justified because Mostyn thought they'd win
Of the 23 that played on the weekend 10 of them didn't play that game.. Including - Murray, Walker, Worrell, Rankine, Thilthorpe & Crouch.

The effort was poor from the players that played but we played Ned, Burgess, Shoenebrg, Strachan, Borlase. Most if not all of those players wouldn't get a game for the tigers that night.

I love that the Good , Bad & Ugly thread has just turned into a review of the whole year cause you lot can't accept we played well when we had most of our best players in

Walker's back injury was severely hampering his movement early in the season. He only missed a couple of games directly because of it, but he was also majorly hampered in the games he did play.

At one point we were so desperate for tall forwards that we reverted to playing Borlase inside the F50 - TT, Walker & Berg were all MIA due to injury, with Gollant & Burgess having played so badly that they forced the selectors to drop them.

Then there's Worrell (broken arm), who missed the middle part of the season. Then there's Crouch & Milera, both of whom have missed significant parts of the season.
Butts? - missed a third of the season so far.

Sholl and Keays my 2 best. ROB ok and good game but should not have 8 votes. Hinge or MM should have a vote.

Adelaide v Western Bulldogs​

8 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
8 Reilly O'Brien (ADEL)
5 Matt Crouch (ADEL)
3 Ben Keays (ADEL)
2 Josh Worrell (ADEL)
2 Mark Keane (ADEL)
1 Sam Darcy (WB)
1 Lachlan Sholl (ADEL)
ROB, Keays and Crouch?

Ooooh this board not gonna like that.

Whip whip whip

Of the 23 that played on the weekend 10 of them didn't play that game.. Including - Murray, Walker, Worrell, Rankine, Thilthorpe & Crouch.

The effort was poor from the players that played but we played Ned, Burgess, Shoenebrg, Strachan, Borlase. Most if not all of those players wouldn't get a game for the tigers that night.

I love that the Good , Bad & Ugly thread has just turned into a review of the whole year cause you lot can't accept we played well when we had most of our best players in
And who were Richmond missing, lynch and dusty to name a couple.

Sholl and Keays my 2 best. ROB ok and good game but should not have 8 votes. Hinge or MM should have a vote.

Adelaide v Western Bulldogs​

8 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
8 Reilly O'Brien (ADEL)
5 Matt Crouch (ADEL)
3 Ben Keays (ADEL)
2 Josh Worrell (ADEL)
2 Mark Keane (ADEL)
1 Sam Darcy (WB)
1 Lachlan Sholl (ADEL)
Yet Bevo in his presser thought ROB was the most influential...given his opposition the much vaunted 2023 All Australian ruck Tim English got absolutely obliterated by ROB that's hardly surprising.

ATTENTION AFC: it can be done!

Ninnis has been sacked by the 36ers 6 months into a 2 year contract.

I did like the comment “he was a legend of the club”.

Yes, you can be a legend of the club from your playing days but that doesn’t mean you are necessarily any good at any other role. Good morning Mr Riccuito.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to be too disrespectful as they've both been great for our Club, but how much better do we look without Smith on the HBF and Laird in the middle?

Smith has turned into just bombing it long blindy over the last few years; not creative or attacking in a positive way.

Laird is all bad handballs or dump kicks.

It makes such a huge difference when the players in those roles use the ball properly, look to creative and drive while maintaining possession.

There is a difference between being a great player and then having the self awareness that you are no longer up to it. This seems to be what some players miss, you have been on good $$$ for a number of years but eventually it ends, not sure this seems to be grasped by some individuals.

I did the comment “he was a legend of the club”.

Yes, you can be a legend of the club from your playing days but that doesn’t mean you are necesgood at any other role. Good morning Mr Riccuito.
Sacked before even coaching a game.

Dumb or ruthless?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yet Bevo in his presser thought ROB was the most influential...given his opposition the much vaunted 2023 All Australian ruck Tim English got absolutely obliterated by ROB that's hardly surprising.
ROB certainly monstered the hit outs. Since his recall he has been more effective. Our midfielder like Berry, Rank and Crouch certainly liked receiving the ball.

I like winning, it's nice. Should try it more often. It's incredibly frustrating when these wins come at this time of the year when they are essentially meaningless.

I'll repeat again though, just to make it reaaaaaal simple, there is no excuse whatsoever to be one of just two teams to lose to the worst team in the competition, at home.

Richmond are not a good football team, and we made them look like the Brisbane Lions.

Any amount of mental gymnastics to justify otherwise is embarrassing.

Or the fact this win has seen the clappers return trying to prove this win makes it all good

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back