Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm tempted to go JHF full run with role, niggle him all night

If Tex is out, tempted to play Curtin forward and give Charlie Edwards a run in the middle and Murphy sub so Taylor can play his role
Like it. My only concern is JHF’s aerial ability. He plays above his height. But I suppose he’s hard to stop regardless

Like it. My only concern is JHF’s aerial ability. He plays above his height. But I suppose he’s hard to stop regardless
Gold coast proved already that he doesn't enjoy a tight tag or his opponent being physical with him. To me he is Port's most dangerous and influential player.

Out:
Walker (inj), Nankervis (managed), Murphy (omitted)

In:
Gollant, Ryan, Dowling

Sub:
Berry

Emg:
Edwards, Himmelberg, Cook

Nank looks in desperate need of the season finish line. Love him as a player but his last 2 games certainly warrant a “rest” (more so than Dowling being dropped last week). I would just give him a week off completely. No SANFL.

Murphy isn’t good at anything and his ongoing selection is beyond a joke. We’ve successfully binned McHenry, we’ve eliminated Laird from the midfield rotation, and we’ve relegated Smith and Jones to depth players. In a strange twist of events that nobody could possibly have seen coming, doing those things has made us a better side. Final boss: dump Murphy.

Gollant is the logical replacement for Tex on the back of his 8 goals, in addition to Thilthorpe being back to full backup ruck capacities, rendering a Himmelberg selection pointless.

Ryan deserves a crack. Let’s alternate him between a wing and half back and have him use his pace to attack.

Dowling is versatile and can do whatever the team requires. It’s actually laughable how much better than Murphy he would be in Murphy’s role.

Berry is a better sub than full game player, especially with Crouch, Taylor, Dowling and Rankine in the side. He can impact clearances in the second half.

B: Bond - Murray - Worrell
HB: Hinge - Keane - Michalanney
C: Sholl - Crouch - Ryan
HF: Rachele - Fogarty - Rankine
F: Curtin - Thilthorpe - Keays
R: O’Brien - Dawson - Soligo
Int: Dowling - Taylor - Laird - Gollant
S: Berry

Out:
Walker (inj), Nankervis (managed), Murphy (omitted)

In:
Gollant, Ryan, Dowling

B: Bond - Murray - Worrell
HB: Hinge - Keane - Michalanney
C: Sholl - Crouch - Ryan
HF: Rachele - Fogarty - Rankine
F: Curtin - Thilthorpe - Keays
R: O’Brien - Dawson - Soligo
Int: Dowling - Taylor - Laird - Gollant
S: Berry
everything you said was perfect I love it so much babe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silly comment from Fog.
Port have consistently run their mouth and lost the games. We've played a very straight bat and won. No need to stoke it.
He should have thought about it a tad longer. It was made answering a baited question and he fell for it hook line and sinker.

Hinkly will have this scrawled all over the change rooms to add to their huff and puff.

Last edited:
Was that said straight after the game?

Hope so, with match day win adrenalin.

If not, pretty poor.

Yes, use that internally to get up for the game. But don't make it public.

As dumb as the parade of players Port trot out saying they hate our club.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep straight after the game.

I rolled my eyes and said out loud "**** me as if Port needed any more incentive"

I bet the Port players have been threatened with death if they come out with their usual huff puff dumbness.

We beat them to it this time.

No, but the ABC's trying to stir the pot.

View attachment 2077841
Well let port use it as motivation..I would think Fogarty will relish the physicality as will Thilthorpe, Murray, Worrell, Keane etc. Why don't we use it to fire up even more too. We beat port here and other results go against them and top 4 might be too hard to make and then its much much harder for them to win the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back