Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy on the bench! Never been so excited to hope someone is a sub before
I'm looking forward to that announcement more so than the game itself

Yes, I have a problem

Gollant in for his farewell game? I would have preferred Dowling in, and then Fog, RT and Curtin as the 3 talls.

Although Gollant has played well in a showdown before so hopefully he can do it again this week.

Gollant 8 goals against the worst team in the comp... 2 goals in the previous 3 weeks with zero impact doesn't really fill me with confidence
Has kicked 4 goals in a showdown previously... more than either Fog or Thilthorpe I think.

There form is a bit underestimated at the moment. They are going as well as anyone. Smashed Dogs , beat Hawthorn, Geelong (away), Carlton away

They are going nicely -JHF is the concern and could be the difference for them if they get a win

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
JHF is their main weapon.

Should we play Bond on him instead of Rioli?

Like the look of the named side, think it will be close. Murphy to sub role as he transitions out of the side permanently from 2025.

Give us a good chance against the sputtering and Chadless Swans next week too.

Don’t tell anyone, always got a bite or two here.

Latitude: -34° 51' 31.19" S
Longitude: 138° 31' 5.99" E
Happy Sport GIF by Outside Watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gollant 8 goals against the worst team in the comp... 2 goals in the previous 3 weeks with zero impact doesn't really fill me with confidence
Seems like another tunnel vision selection - fair chance he is delisted at the end of the season - but picked because he kicked a bunch of goals.
To be fair though not sure if we get much out of playing berg or burg either.

Maybe when he floats forward. Berry on JHF in midfield for mine. Matches him with burst and can hold a tackle.
Would be happy with that too.

We need to put some work into JHF.

Gollant in for his farewell game? I would have preferred Dowling in, and then Fog, RT and Curtin as the 3 talls.

Although Gollant has played well in a showdown before so hopefully he can do it again this week.
If Gollant plays well he might be able to help turn himself into ANB if Luko coming

Happy to see what he’s got and boost any value if it comes off , if it doesn’t then nothing ventured nothing gained

Also happy if Curtin plays around the ball mostly then occasional stunts up forward

If Gollant plays well he might be able to help turn himself into ANB if Luko coming

Happy to see what he’s got and boost any value if it comes off , if it doesn’t then nothing ventured nothing gained

Also happy if Curtin plays around the ball mostly then occasional stunts up forward
Curtin seemed to get a bit lost when on ball last week. I think he would be better off playing mainly up forward and then push up around the ball during general play. Give him some time to build confidence and get used to the speed of the game before he plays on ball.

Curtin seemed to get a bit lost when on ball last week. I think he would be better off playing mainly up forward and then push up around the ball during general play. Give him some time to build confidence and get used to the speed of the game before he plays on ball.
No , he’s been playing sanfl on ball and that’s where he’s been training and playing for 6 weeks and doing well

Young guys - we need to show patience and not jump at shadows , let him settle and get more experience on ball . It’s what we call out for all the time ie opportunities for young guys

Re playing forward he can do it for sure but hasn’t been playing there and also need to be careful Re getting carried away with last quarter when heat out of game

but at least we know he can do it and is sure to spend time there for sure

Reckon our midfield actually matches up pretty well with Rozee and Butters. We’ve yet to matchup on a fully firing JHF, who’s a contested beast and point of difference compared to the other two.
Yep JHF is something else and is a dual midfield and forward threat

He’s the biggest game breaker from either side out there on sat night , Rankine prob next

They’re the 2 danger men

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back