Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t tell anyone, always got a bite or two here.

Latitude: -34° 51' 31.19" S
Longitude: 138° 31' 5.99" E
beach jaws GIF

I said a couple of weeks ago that I may be the last person left on the Gollant Train. His 3 AFL games this year have been poor but he was played as a ruck/forward. He has made steady improvement in the SANFL and he is the best option to keep our current structure.

Perhaps we will go in smaller in the expected wet and slippery conditions? Gollant could be the sub with Taylor coming in for Tex and Curtin playing mostly as a forward.

Maybe when he floats forward. Berry on JHF in midfield for mine. Matches him with burst and can hold a tackle.
Yeah not sure about Berry keeping up with JHF but yes Berry can definitely tackle. Probably only Rankine can pace wise but clearly isn’t a tagger and/or strong enough. I would play Max on JHF as Bond just not big enough. Bond on Rioli should work well though

No , he’s been playing sanfl on ball and that’s where he’s been training and playing for 6 weeks and doing well

Young guys - we need to show patience and not jump at shadows , let him settle and get more experience on ball . It’s what we call out for all the time ie opportunities for young guys

Re playing forward he can do it for sure but hasn’t been playing there and also need to be careful Re getting carried away with last quarter when heat out of game

but at least we know he can do it and is sure to spend time there for sure
Definitely give him a crack in the midfield but Power is close to best midfield in the league and they are fast (burst speed all of the big 3), agile, some cute tricks and brute strength with JHF. Not sure how Curtin would go but sure let’s give him an opportunity and he may surprise hopefully

Yeah not sure about Berry keeping up with JHF but yes Berry can definitely tackle. Probably only Rankine can pace wise but clearly isn’t a tagger and/or strong enough. I would play Max on JHF as Bond just not big enough. Bond on Rioli should work well though
I think Berry would give JHF a decent run pace wise with his acceleration from the contest. Thing is, Berry can hold JHF defensively accountable and do some damage of his own. Not sure Bond or Max could do that.

I think Berry would give JHF a decent run pace wise with his acceleration from the contest. Thing is, Berry can hold JHF defensively accountable and do some damage of his own. Not sure Bond or Max could do that.
I hope you are right mate. Keep JHF under control and I think we win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha,ha….Nicksy is just trolling us.

It will be Nank or Taylor.
I actually expect it to be Curtin - Justification - Flexibility of having a utility player come off and cover any/all positions.

You wonder why players get mental health issues.
He may or may not be undeserving of his spot but the way Murphy gets treated on this board and on various podcasts is really nasty.
This isn’t a secret website, everything is public and he is a human being.

What about the fans mental health?

7 years out of the finals and watching him constantly being selected despite not being good enough.

You wonder why players get mental health issues.
He may or may not be undeserving of his spot but the way Murphy gets treated on this board and on various podcasts is really nasty.
This isn’t a secret website, everything is public and he is a human being.

Couldn't agree more. Players read these forums.

There form is a bit underestimated at the moment. They are going as well as anyone. Smashed Dogs , beat Hawthorn, Geelong (away), Carlton away

They are going nicely -JHF is the concern and could be the difference for them if they get a win

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
JHF up forward reminds me of Roo when he went forward

So strong and competitive

Going to be a great for Port

Curtin seemed to get a bit lost when on ball last week.

I mentioned that but I think its an info dump. I'd like to see him play the middle at times again and just play on instinct

Let others worry about running lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back