Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

JHF up forward reminds me of Roo when he went forward

So strong and competitive

Going to be a great for Port
Yeah, he's like Roo & Danger... very capable up forward.

When he goes up forward, Hinge could be a good option.

100%.

Can't be critical of a players performance now?

Next thing you will tell me that we can't list players weights because they might be sensitive about it.
You can't see any difference between a critical assessment of a player's performance and relentless and prolonged victimisation?
And as for the the fans' mental health, no-one's singling you out and pouring shit on you for months and months.

Don't reckon Bond would have the tank.
Wrong.
He has he has a high end endurance base coming from a representative rowing background and working with Ballarat's elite fitness group the RAD Centre for years prior to being drafted. Rarely spent time on the bench for the GWV Rebels where he played on ball.

Whilst I think it's more likely he goes to Willie Rioli I think he'd wear JHF like a glove if he got the job but doubt he could match JHF aerially. I think Max will get JHF when he gets forward.

Couldn't agree more. Players read these forums.

Wouldn't he agree he shouldn't be in the team??

Compared to his team mates he has poor skills.

Has he zero self awareness??

If he read BF he would more likely be nodding his head "these guys get it, I'm so bloody lucky I have Nicksy as my coach"

You can't see any difference between a critical assessment of a player's performance and relentless and prolonged victimisation?

He plays each week and gets selected each week so commenting on his shitty performance each week is perfectly acceptable IMO. Same with his unfathomable selection.

He is a 25 year old professional athlete. There are plenty of perks. If criticism on Bigfooty is too much - dont log on.

And as for the the fans' mental health, no-one's singling you out and pouring shit on you for months and months.

True but I have to watch Murphy for years and years.

He plays each week and gets selected each week so commenting on his shitty performance each week is perfectly acceptable IMO. Same with his unfathomable selection.

He is a 25 year old professional athlete. There are plenty of perks. If criticism on Bigfooty is too much - dont log on.

It’s your punishment for supporting DMack all these years.

But seriously, no one’s saying Murphy is a shit bloke, what’s been criticised is his football performance and on going selection, that’s why he’s constantly criticised because he gets picked and even then more criticism is directed to Nicks who keeps picking him.

As for hurting Murphy’s feelings, he’s a highly paid athlete, if he is choosing to read this forum knowing his football is being criticised, then that’s on him, he doesn’t need to do it.

You do you

Quit with the virtual signalling, these players are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, they know exactly what is expected and what comes with it, along with many hours of training relating to social media.

Clubs discourage players reading forums such as this, as well as google searches, instagram/facebook comments.
So if a player chooses to, then it's not like they aren't aware of this.

This kind of stuff "oh a player might get sad if he reads negative comments about his performance" is such a classic modern treading on eggshells in everything anyone says ever these days, it's ridiculous.

Quit with the virtual signalling, these players are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, they know exactly what is expected and what comes with it, along with many hours of training relating to social media.

Clubs discourage players reading forums such as this, as well as google searches, instagram/facebook comments.
So if a player chooses to, then it's not like they aren't aware of this.

This kind of stuff "oh a player might get sad if he reads negative comments about his performance" is such a classic modern treading on eggshells in everything anyone says ever these days, it's ridiculous.
You sound fun

You sound fun
You reckon you sound fun? Crikey, know who I’d rather have a beer with.

As for football discussion on a football forum, skam actually contributes, you just whinge about posters, it’s pathetic, if you don’t like it don’t read the board or put posters on ignore.

Or even have the fortitude to provide a football opinion and be prepared to debate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon you sound fun? Crikey, know who I’d rather have a beer with.

As for football discussion on a football forum, skam actually contributes, you just whinge about posters, it’s pathetic, if you don’t like it don’t read the board or put posters on ignore.

Or even have the fortitude to provide a football opinion and be prepared to debate it.
I think it's an age thing where I grew up with corporal punishment and it hasn't affected me. (I don't think). But since the 1980s kids grew up with velvet gloves and it shows in their own beliefs and upbringing. You can't have a coach like the old firebrands ie Kerly, Fos Williams screaming at you at the breaks. The young ones would break down.

I think we lose this showdown, my 2 year old keeps correctly picking the winning and losing weeks, this week she has declared the CROWS LOSE. Lock in Pick 4. :cool:
I am in two minds about what I want to see happen tomorrow night. I am ok for us to lose as it will lock in pick 4 this week and secure that pick before the Saints 1st pick. But on the other hand I would love to see us get a win and throw Port's top 4 chances into disarray. They are coming into this one as the favorite and are expected to win quite easily, these are often the games that they do drop. If we do win tomorrow night, then Port will have to win against Fremantle in Perth in the final round to finish in the top 4 and get the double chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back