Josh Rachele will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones in 🙄
Keane going home 🙄
Rachele out 🙄
Rushing Tex back after an eye operation 🙄
On the Plus side though, still no Smithers or Ned.

I don’t hate Jones, so I’m not all that sad he’s in. Rushing Tex in seems counter productive, and Rachele out is just a bit shit. The back six look ok. The front six obviously are weaker with the loss of both Izac and Rachele but it isn’t too bad. The mids are lacking.

The only way to make some sort of statement is to cancel your membership. A lot of people say they will, but then don't (I understand why - fear of losing seats is the main reason).

But, it's quite literally the only mechanism to make a statement.
Did it three years ago but its had no impact.

On the Plus side though, still no Smithers or Ned.

I don’t hate Jones, so I’m not all that sad he’s in. Rushing Tex in seems counter productive, and Rachele out is just a bit shit. The back six look ok. The front six obviously are weaker with the loss of both Izac and Rachele but it isn’t too bad. The mids are lacking.
There is no plus side to this debacle.

Once again the AFC finds new ways to embarrass itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Edwards not get a debut ?!!

At least they didn’t drop Curtin

First time I’ve thought this …. Nicks won’t survive this off season . Players will likely drive him out like they did Sanderson
How do we know what the players think though? For all we know they could still (stupidly) be on board with Nicks

I hope you’re right though

I'm not usually prone to overly emotional outbursts, but this is an absolute ****ing disgrace.

Rachele dropped explicitly for "not putting the team first" by (a) celebrating a goal, (b) an unfortunate moment when he was given a terrible pass and tried to take the ball away from his opposition to have an unimpeded run towards goals, and (c) ??? anything else?

He's been one of our better players this year and should be a massive part of our future. Dropping him in the final round of the season robs him even of the opportunity to get redemption next week. This will burn in his guts for the entire preseason. Worst case scenario it poisons his love for the club completely.

And then, the cherry on top of the shit cake, with Rankine and Rachele out, we still don't manage to give a debut to Ryan who has been among our best SANFL players all year, or Edwards who has hit his straps in the last month. Instead we bring in Chayce ****ing Jones.

You're giving your supporters very little be excited about, AFC. If the AFLW season wasn't about to start, I wouldn't even bother thinking about the Crows again for the rest of the year.

What are the odds that the original story about Rachele being dropped was a fabrication, and the club actually changed their minds (probably several times) as an insane PR management decision once the story got out of control?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Back