Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Josh Rachele will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

“We love the energy Josh brings to our group and he’s going to be a very important player for us for a long period of time,” Kelly said.

“Collectively, we must always prioritise the team-first focus which is so central to our values and standards.

“And we have and will continue to work with Josh in this space, as we do with all of our players, coaches and staff.”

FRO Kelly

Our values and standards???

Mate, we haven't made finals for seven years and are in the bottom 4, our standards and values don't stand for shit.

JFC, Kelly is the epitome of a cuck, if he isn't on the front cover of Cuck Monthly I would be astounded

How does Edwards not get a debut ?!!

At least they didn’t drop Curtin

First time I’ve thought this …. Nicks won’t survive this off season . Players will likely drive him out like they did Sanderson
The only silver lining to dropping Rachele is if it's a nail in the coffin for Nicks & others

Nicks in his presser yesterday literally said playing well in the SANFL doesn't mean you get picked... What a ****ing loser...
Clearly playing well is irrelevant to selection at AFC.

We have no selection integrity.

Our values and standards???

Mate, we haven't made finals for seven years and are in the bottom 4, our standards and values don't stand for shit.

JFC, Kelly is the epitome of a cuck, if he isn't on the front cover of Cuck Monthly I would be astounded
AFC management core value is we are comfortable with mediocrity.

Nicks in his presser yesterday literally said playing well in the SANFL doesn't mean you get picked... What a ****ing loser...
When you're finals bound like we are, it's tough to get into the team even if you're playing well in SANFL week after week, right?
Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

There was a brief period around 2019-21 where the camp debacle and our even worse handling of it, our complete inability to play football in 2020, and the Walker racism scandal in 2021, where I started to tune out. Some weeks I would wait to see the score, and when it was inevitably another loss I'd just not bother. Do something else with my weekend.

The last few years I've started to grow back in love with the club again, in spite of everything. Seeing the likes of Dawson and Rankine come here and thrive, seeing some players hit their straps like Fogarty, Worrell, etc, and seeing our new exciting youth in Thilthorpe, Michalanney, Murray, Worrell, Nankervis, Taylor, Curtin, and yes, Rachele, has kept me watching each week even as we've failed year after year.

But damn, do I feel unenthused about the club right now. The fact that they honestly think this is a decision made for the betterment of the club is gobsmacking. Footy clubs always perform better when it's fun to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treating Rachele like this will come back to bite the crows, he will probably shine at another club. Much like Tyson Stengle. Soft **** crows management don't let their players have any fun

What are the odds that the original story about Rachele being dropped was a fabrication, and the club actually changed their minds (probably several times) as an insane PR management decision once the story got out of control?

You’re playing some serious 4D chess there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not usually prone to overly emotional outbursts, but this is an absolute ****ing disgrace.

Rachele dropped explicitly for "not putting the team first" by (a) celebrating a goal, (b) an unfortunate moment when he was given a terrible pass and tried to take the ball away from his opposition to have an unimpeded run towards goals, and (c) ??? anything else?

He's been one of our better players this year and should be a massive part of our future. Dropping him in the final round of the season robs him even of the opportunity to get redemption next week. This will burn in his guts for the entire preseason. Worst case scenario it poisons his love for the club completely.

And then, the cherry on top of the shit cake, with Rankine and Rachele out, we still don't manage to give a debut to Ryan who has been among our best SANFL players all year, or Edwards who has hit his straps in the last month. Instead we bring in Chayce ****ing Jones.

You're giving your supporters very little be excited about, AFC. If the AFLW season wasn't about to start, I wouldn't even bother thinking about the Crows again for the rest of the year.
It was fairly explicit that he was dropped mainly for disobeying a clear instruction: make of that what you will.
However, the other grab-bag of negatives they mentioned seemed to be piled in there because they realized how silly they looked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R23: Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Back