Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Never want to see Keane play for this footy club again.

Faux hard man crap when the ball is dead but when the ball is there to be contested he won't put body contact on his opponent or falls over and lies on the ground until the contest is over.

Defensively he has one trick and it's coming across late for a spoil - he's atrocious otherwise. Also double fisted an uncontested mark opportunity straight into the corridor. Horrific.
He was very good

Wasn't his best game, but I flipping love Josh Worrell.
Tough as nails, rangey, nice kick, calm under pressure (see the double spin/candy sale in the outer riverbank pocket). First picked in defense every week.
His closing speed was great last night too. Got to balls I didn't think he would

I'm picturing a rousing powerpoint presentation about KPIs, core values, and plans for the future, with a moderated Q&A session at the end, all recorded to teams for those who couldn't attend.

Pretty sure Bond is in the position of getting whatever money is left after trade week is over, and will be left floating with a promise until then
Other clubs will come after him if he is not signed. A shut down defender he will be wanted

He was contesting the footy, just a little late - let's not hang the bloke.

Rankine got 4 for a similar thing, remember.

As for the game - at least we lost, otherwise - who gives a shit.
But he wasn't contesting the footy. He deliberately slowed to not contest the footy but go the man. It's clear from the first bounce they were going to target Rankine (our best player). I hate those toothless campaigners.
It should be personal. But yeah they had to be better
It's hard to be better with that umpiring. They sniped us all night. Fog got a 50m against for pulling someone over....when he was the one that got pulled.

Soligo got called High when Butters ran into him.

They smashed into us after every contest and we didn't get one free. I wish our players actually did hit them. We didn't know what to do because the umpiring was so bad.

Those umpires have a lot to answer for. Let's hope Rankine sues the AFL into oblivion.

It's obvious to anyone that Rankine and Dawson are our two best players. If they are in the midfield, we are competitive. As soon as Rankine was taken out and Dawson went into defence, we struggled with Port's pressure, which was insanely high. Berry and Soligo were not able to break tackles and Berry just started dropping everything.

Rachele has the build of a tank but plays like Josh Jenkins. He's not a midfielder.

Curtin oozes class and could be special if he's in the guts. Nicks seems to have no idea where to play him.

Our forward line is as good as anyone's but needs delivery. It's wasted having Berry and Murphy(!) and Laird(!) and Crouch in the middle.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

But he wasn't contesting the footy. He deliberately slowed to not contest the footy but go the man. It's clear from the first bounce they were going to target Rankine (our best player). I hate those toothless campaigners.

It's hard to be better with that umpiring. They sniped us all night. Fog got a 50m against for pulling someone over....when he was the one that got pulled.

Soligo got called High when Butters ran into him.

They smashed into us after every contest and we didn't get one free. I wish our players actually did hit them. We didn't know what to do because the umpiring was so bad.

Those umpires have a lot to answer for. Let's hope Rankine sues the AFL into oblivion.
I did notice multiple times a 2nd player launched into us while on the ground I'm a tackle already. They're dogs, no shock they played the man again

Of course they will. Everything else has toppled Port's way. This is a Monty.
Im just curious I have noticed Port posters on here have been passively trolling with the likes on here with posts on here.

It is considered an infraction on Bigfooty.

Can the Mods please do anything about this? Scorpus Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

Mark Riccuito. I hate it that this low IQ garbage leverages the club he has played a major part in destroying to bolster his flagging media career.

Ogilvie incapable of recruiting an A grade midfielder during his tenure. Boys Club on steroids.

Berry. Said it last week. I like the way he goes about it but lacks the polish and finishing skills to be considered an A grader.

Ogilvie and the 2018 draft disaster.

The little champ getting knocked out cold by the piece of shit that is Dan Houston. I hope he's okay.

Getting pick 4 and then knowing it is in the hands of Ogilvie. Surely even he can't **** this up.

Considering recruiting Lukosius. Why? Not what we need.

Laird is starting to trend the same way as Brodie Smith. Just looked old and slow out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

while obviously what houston did was unnecessary and he'll cop his whack, if keane just takes the ****ing mark instead of double fisting for no reason it never happens.

also people melting over rachele during the week, ****ing hell. it's a joke. it's a laugh. like chardonnay and apricot slice. people whine about a lack of personality in sport and then go mental as soon as someone says or does something.

Yep, somehow some Port supporters put Rachelle's comments as a defense to some of their reactions to Rankines injury. Like they are on the same level.

But I guess trying to comprehend Rachel's satire would probably hurt their heads more than a good shirt front anyway

Good
A fair bit actually
Backline held up really well
Dawson - yes he didn’t play mid but he showed why we can’t be too single minded with that. He is a really great mark, and took some hugely important ones last night
Worrell - great game, again. Indictment on our selectors he’s still played under 30
We were beaten, but not badly, in a high intensity game. It sucks, but Port were better, and if we’re honest, they’ve got a better balanced list than us.
JHF

Bad
Altho they were missing some key players
Our Mids
ROB
Umpiring - both ways
Last Q

Ugly
Umpiring of square ups, sniping - you can do a lot of dodgy stuff and not get done for it. You can rough players up when they’re trying to get up after a tackle, you can whack someone as the third tackler in (as they did to Rankine earlier). But if you retaliate, you’re gone. unless a free is paid - then the team mates of the player who got the free can get away with a lot of square ups, but then if there’s retaliation against THAT, you’re gone. Umps need to clamp down on the off the ball, out of play sniping and bullshit. Nigglers and snipers get protected as it stands. Prime case - Butters repeated fines for sniping this year.

Houston’s hit

Berry’s fumbling - it’s not a glitch, it’s becoming clear he’s not clean enough for a mid

Getting reminded, for the hundredth time, how badly we drafted for those five or so crucial years.

It’s enraging
Just watched this sequence again, and it is infuriating. An obvious reversal missed.

Keane gives Butters a soft bump given 1,000 times a game, Butters takes a dive and gets a free kick in front of goal.

Keane genuinely knocked down front on directly in front of the umpire and just told to get up.

Literally two sets of rules.

Rachelle needs to pull his head in.

I'm all for exuberance, but flat out sledging opposition fans publicly (even in jest) during the week and then 'backing it up' with a 10 touch 1 goal game is border line embarrassing.
Nah **** them! They are filthy scum. Worst supporters in the AFL. Worst losers and worst winners.

Seen a few with the bullshit Rankine did the same..

Rankine turned and body checked the player off a step or 2, unluckily clashed heads. He was moving the opposite way and moved back in off a step.

Houston lined Izak up from distance and took him out at speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back