Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

No comment from the club about Izak's condition which is a bit worrying. I know it was a night game but usually there's some sort of update to let fans know the player is okay
Nicks gave the standard he is ok, up and moving around answer in his presser

No comment from the club about Izak's condition which is a bit worrying. I know it was a night game but usually there's some sort of update to let fans know the player is okay

It looked a bad one when his arm went completely limp a minute or two after the knock. Hope he's OK.

Looked at the Houston bump in slow motion and he was lining that up from a mile away. Had every intention to hit Rankine. Players were clearly tasked with roughing up Rankine from the beginning of the game

It's a good point, they don't tend to look broadly at these incidents but he was certainly targeted. Had it been Murphy for instance it unfolds very differently.

I mean we are at least 2+ years from even playing Finals let alone being a Top 4 team to win a flag, which will take us toward the end of this decade. The 2030s flag hope is what Im hoping for.

A Crows flag within the next 50 years is my dream before I die.
Sooner please or I won't see it.

A lot sooner. 🤣

He's a board member of the club and is defending the guy who took out our best player.

I ****ing hope Olsen pulls him aside and has a little chat to pull his head in. You can't be on a club board and be a commentator when your team is playing, tell him that's either one or the other.
Roo shouldn't be anywhere near our board or on TV. Roo tries to overcompensate his allegiance to the club by waxing lyrical about the opposition so there isn't a hint of criticism thst he is biased towards the crows. He's unlistenable and has been the chief architect in the long term mediocrity of our list, football dept and appointment of our worst ever coach. His job of hobbling the club is complete.

I mean we are at least 2+ years from even playing Finals let alone being a Top 4 team to win a flag, which will take us toward the end of this decade. The 2030s flag hope is what Im hoping for.

A Crows flag within the next 50 years is my dream before I die.
A decent coach would have got us into finals the last two years. Nicks is completely out of his depth like the idiots running the club.

Similar-ish Inside 50’s

Smashed clearances
Smashed in tackles
Smashed in inside 50 tackles, with Port recording an incredible 19 tackles inside 50

ANB and his F50 pressure can’t come quick enough, because we’re just letting the opposition walk out

Laird with 24 disposals and with checks notes a whopping 18 handballs.. I know it was wet but FMD. Terrible work rate, terrible fwd entries…

The combination of Berry, Laird and Soligo got absolutely dominated, only Crouch could hold his head up high there. All 3 lads just seemed unable to get separation, and Berry fumbling constantly was just putting everyone on the outside under pressure..

I actually think a huge difference tonight was Gollant. We were almost playing with one less player on the park with him in the side…

Probably with wet conditions we should have gone with Taylor and Gollant as sub, but everyone on here probably would have melted with Gollant not being put on after his 8 goals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The difference is pace, Butters, Rozee and JHF all have it and all our midfielders don’t. That’s why I hope we get Draper who has express pace. That including the Fumbles was the difference at the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked at the Houston bump in slow motion and he was lining that up from a mile away. Had every intention to hit Rankine. Players were clearly tasked with roughing up Rankine from the beginning of the game

There’s a whole history of these filthy fuc&::g pricks a mile long. Matt Thomas was their # 1 hit man.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nicks said in presser he was up and about and ok but that in itself means nothing as doubt he’d report otherwise regardless at that point

100%. The boys got too caught up (particularly Fog) and it became too personal.

Its a side lacking leadership and big game experience. Only 2 players on the field for us had played in a winning final (Crouch / Laird).

It's whats so frustrating about us missing the finals in 23 and 24 because our coach is a genius. A taste of finals would have been invaluable.

"Crow a laughing stock" - I can't be bothered watching, what's Kane saying in his latest video?
Was nothing too bad.

Said that Houston should be gone for the year, can't believe it wasn't a free kick, and is a perfect example for why a send off rule should exist.

The laughing stock bit was just about Rachele not backing up his chat during the week.

Never want to see Keane play for this footy club again.

Faux hard man crap when the ball is dead but when the ball is there to be contested he won't put body contact on his opponent or falls over and lies on the ground until the contest is over.

Defensively he has one trick and it's coming across late for a spoil - he's atrocious otherwise. Also double fisted an uncontested mark opportunity straight into the corridor. Horrific.
Harsh but I tend to agree. We should trade him while he has value. Won't get any higher than it is now.
Same with Berry.
If we can turn those two into a pick in the very low 20s, I'm happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back