Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2084835

This still clearly shows his shoulder in his neck. Do we know what is connected to the neck? The jaw. And what is the jaw part of? The head.

Thank you for coming to Anatomy 101.
Great pic. His expression says everything about intent. There was another photo on here that showed that the ball was coming to Izak Houston was 2.5 meters away and already in the bump position.

It's different .....planned celebrations amongst teammates, yeah I'm not a fan ....but that's probably me showing my age

But the teeth nonsense, is just inviting someone to jump the fence and clock Rachele .....the AFL talk about crowds responsibilities to players ....this was inciting trouble

It may not be at the game ....but Rachele just walking the streets of Adelaide, could spur on a retaliation
Interesting to see Rachele not wearing a mouth guard - not sure if it was just a moment in the game, but it seemed to me that he just doesn't wear one? If so, that would seem ridiculous for an AFL player to not be wearing one. Could it also explain his lack of wanting to get in for the hard ball?

Interesting to see Rachele not wearing a mouth guard - not sure if it was just a moment in the game, but it seemed to me that he just doesn't wear one? If so, that would seem ridiculous for an AFL player to not be wearing one. Could it also explain his lack of wanting to get in for the hard ball?
Seems to be a few young players not wearing mouth guards ....maybe Rachele is thinking of joining PORT ;)

Can one of the older posters on here inform me, didnt Dave Granger back in the 80s was instructed by the coach to take out Cornes?

The Port Adelaide Way.

Its inbred in their DNA.
100 % correct. My understanding is that Fos Williams introduced this in the 60 s Jack perpetuated it and Kenny has embraced it.

Great pic. His expression says everything about intent. There was another photo on here that showed that the ball was coming to Izak Houston was 2.5 meters away and already in the bump position.
Houston instead of going for the ball, elected to go for the player instead.

You reap what you sow when you make that decision, in a few hours we will see the result of that decision for him, Finally.

It's nice that we're prioritizing "experience" like Laird for their "leadership" which includes throwing young stars under the bus in the media
Laird will only play midfield in emergencies in 2025 ......too slow now

I'm not even sure of his value to the DEF back 6 .....Milera back, and Oscar Ryan to get games in 2025

His decision to add a few KG's over the 2023 PS has had disastrous consequences

You reap what you sow when you make that decision, in a few hours we will see the result of that decision for him, Finally.

I think at the point in this photo Rankine is dropping back towards the ground and Houston is jumping up?

The next frame could very well show the top of Houston’s shoulder colliding with the back of Rankine’s skull.

I’ll be interested in seeing how Port try and defend it. Good guy?

houston-png.2084059

Port Adelaide star Dan Houston remorseful ahead of crucial AFL Tribunal hearing for bump on Izak Rankine​

Port Adelaide star Dan Houston will front the AFL Tribunal full of remorse for his bump which knocked out Adelaide's Izak Rankine, his Power teammate Ollie Wines says.

In no way a dirty player, however he's more than happy to line someone up from 10 metres and iron them out.....

I got port supporting family members who think Houston should get off 🤣

Actually got a little heated. The port power chant going up at the ground while Rankine was layed out shows the port supporters true colours. Not that we didn't know already.

My guess is Houston will get 4. They'll give him a chance to come back and play if port lose the first final. I think he should get 5 and rule him out entirely though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afl getting it out there so people are used to it by the time the decision comes
Well I an not sure. Finals are different . In 2017 Trent Cotchin should never have played in the GF but he did. Just last year Brayden Maynard hit Brayshaw ...he played in the GF . So I agree that he deserves over 5 , do not be surprised if he gets 2 or 3.

Well I an not sure. Finals are different . In 2017 Trent Cotchin should never have played in the GF but he did. Just last year Brayden Maynard hit Brayshaw ...he played in the GF . So I agree that he deserves over 5 , do not be surprised if he gets 2 or 3.
3 games or less is a huge win for Port. There is hope......

Hope the Port fans keep the same energy if/when the same sh*t happens to their best players. Wonder if it's a 'fair hit' then and the player who knocked out their guy should be let off. Or if their guy was a soft campaigner.
The hypocrisy of those campaigners is evident when the retort from some of their media dogs is to bring up Bickley from 20+ years ago, but not every other concussion or knock in the Showdowns since.

Hope the Port fans keep the same energy if/when the same sh*t happens to their best players. Wonder if it's a 'fair hit' then and the player who knocked out their guy should be let off. Or if their guy was a soft campaigner.
The hypocrisy of those campaigners is evident when the retort from some of their media dogs is to bring up Bickley from 20+ years ago, but not every other concussion or knock in the Showdowns since.
Port's thuggery tactics in the Showdown will not have gone unnoticed by the opposition Clubs in the 8, that they may play.

They played their hand and reminded the competition the level they will stoop to, to win a game.

Clubs in September will prepare for a streetfight at AO when they play Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back