Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone said they were numb

I was/am the same . From the 1st bounce I had no excitement no passion no joy. Just sat there waiting for the inevitable. And it happened

And made worse by knowing it will continue next year

That's been me since Round 2.

Laird taking the kick out, wanting the cheap 1-2, proceeds to kick into the oncoming player, Swans goal.

Chefs Kiss
After getting his early kick out attempt smothered, he managed to do exactly the same thing in the last quarter.
Can’t put a price on experience!!

Good: TT looks more like Tex than Tex does.
Liked Curtin’s game

Bad: The usual suspects - Laird, Murphy et Al. Don’t want to see either of them in the seniors again.
Tex definitely should not have played tonight.
Dom’t see why Worrell was subbed off instead of him.

Ugly: The lack of intensity in the game. Not sure how much good it will have done the Swans.

Good:
RT will win a Coleman if our forward line delivery ever becomes above average
Dowling and Taylor still look like players
Nank looked better
Curtin’s kicking
Soligo tried hard
Crouch/Keays were themselves
The season is finally over

Bad:
Dawson/Sholl/Hinge had shockers
Walker’s cooked, but we don’t have anyone else as 3rd tall material
Subbing Woz - like, wot

Ugly:
Laird’s veteran presence (or lack thereof)
Maffew’s favourite continuing to play
The fact we won’t sack Maffew this year

During the third quarter I saw Murphy running into an open goal almost directly in front, and instead of having a shot he tried to pass it to Tex who was in the pocket. Tex didn't get the mark or the goal.

That's shit decision-making and shit coaching.
That's shit decision-making from a shit player and shit coaching/selecting .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good:

In the gameday thread, having a massive LOL at the ever-changing variations of the "Sack Nicks" chant - the most laugh-worthy had to be "Discharge Nicks". Thank you all for that, which made tonight bearable!

Dowling was great, as was Thilthorpe (even better if he kicked straight). I'm sure there's more, but lets' cut straight to the...

Bad & Ugly:

Coaching was atrocious. Clueless. Again. We are getting nowhere until this changes. Immediately.

Tex is cooked (why the hell was he out there?)

Our "Leadership group" after publicly scapegoating Josh had a collective nightmare, but in particular I'd like to point out:

Murphy demonstrated again he's not fit to be in the group. Not fit to be in the team. He's not even AFL standard.

Laird. That's a "highlight" package to be truly ashamed of after your comments this week. Have a good damn hard look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Yeah good luck mate. Trust it’s just precautionary.

There's no immediate concern about anything in particular, no. More that we're trying to figure out why I've been unwell for the last few months. Honestly, I'm almost hoping they find something, as long as it's something they can easily fix.

I'm looking forward to the colonoscopy itself, since I'll get to sleep through that! Probably the best sleep I'll have had in months! :p It's the prep I could do without.

I would apologise for taking this thread off topic, but honestly it's preferable to actually discussing the match.

There's no immediate concern about anything in particular, no. More that we're trying to figure out why I've been unwell for the last few months. Honestly, I'm almost hoping they find something, as long as it's something they can easily fix.

I'm looking forward to the colonoscopy itself, since I'll get to sleep through that! Probably the best sleep I'll have had in months! :p It's the prep I could do without.

I would apologise for taking this thread off topic, but honestly it's preferable to actually discussing the match.
Both are shit

No, it's perfectly on topic. In fact, our team all effectively had colonoscopies during the match. ;)

I've had more colonoscopies than I'd like in a lifetime, and while the prep is always rough and it's probably a little too late to say it now, there are a couple of tips to make it a little easier.

Always drink the prep through a straw so it avoids most of the taste buds, plus add a dash of Bickfords original lime juice cordial - not enough to colour the liquid, but it makes a massive difference to how palatable that gunk is. Sip small amounts regularly and it's a lot easier to get through.

All the best (the prep and hopefully the scan) :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back