Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the game last night and Murphy is shocking bad

I can’t see any value in him as a player or a leader, it begs the question why the players voted him in the leadership group and how does he keep getting selected

I lost count the amount of times he went to ground, he lost almost every 1+1 contest, he doesn’t hit the scoreboard and he offers no forward pressure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WOW what a match ....enabled me to take some time to organise some movies

What started as an encouraging comeback after a strong SYD start ....was nipped in the bud by one of Walkers brain fades .....just stupid to destroy any momentum

So after that, it was a picnic game ....no pressure ....both sides going thru circle work, still surprised it was such a small margin loss of 31 points

Laird is shot .....a small man who has lost his pace is a liability ....I'm not seeing how he gets a game in 2025, it's another Sloane situation .....honestly I'd trade him, might get a 2nd

Tex ....man, did he look slow and cumbersome .....and brain dead

Zac Taylor ....really loving how he's developed .....he's a lot tougher in the clinches than I thought, yes he's known as being skillful, but in tight he's clean, hard at it, and makes good decisions :whitecheck:

Curtin ....obviously being carried to get games, not doing enough .....but what he is doing is all class.
He know b4 he gets the ball what he's going to do ....a sign of a good player
Good hands ...elite disposal and definitely a MID / FWD as I said in March ......another call I was ridiculed over

1724542748161.png

Nankervis .....for a 24 game player, he's so composed .....yes does a bit much at times, however I prefer that, than a player playing too conservative ......he's a ripper :whitecheck:

Gulden was ripping us apart in the first half .....close on 70 ranking points for the half, and not even Sholl could go with him for running power .....however Bond completely blanketed him in the 2nd half, after some HT instruction

Soligo .....just looks tired ....was ineffectual, and along with Berry & Crouch, was torn apart for power and running capacity
Crouch has been excellent the last 2 weeks, choosing to kick long rather than handball .....he even ignored a handball call at one stage to kick .....that's the Crouch we want to see

Berry ...just fumbled along yet again .....you can't have a Mid continuously fumbling ....he's a trade IMO

Thilthorpe ....will be awesome ! :whitecheck:

Murray ....needs a full PS ....better than I expected after an ACL ...but a long way off his best, and he hasn't the confidence yet to fly for those trademark marks

Last edited:
Went to the game last night and Murphy is shocking bad

I can’t see any value in him as a player or a leader, it begs the question why the players voted him in the leadership group and how does he keep getting selected

I lost count the amount of times he went to ground, he lost almost every 1+1 contest, he doesn’t hit the scoreboard and he offers no forward pressure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pressured or not, the Spud gos to ground almost every time he touches the ball. Its as if as if he can't execute a hand pass without a horizontal follow through flop. Just like you see them do in upper age Aus-kick.

No Auskick Coach would tolerate that crap.
We should be scouting Auskick for new Coaches.

WOW what a match ....enable me to take some time organising some movies

What started as an encouraging comeback after a strong SYD start ....was nipped in the bud by one of Walkers brain fades .....just stupid to destroy any momentum

So after that, it was a picnic game ....no pressure ....both sides going thru circle work, still surprised it was such a small margin loss of 31 points

Laird is shot .....a small man who has lost his pace is a liability ....I'm not seeing how he gets a game in 2025, it's another Sloane situation .....honestly I'd trade him, might get a 2nd

Tex ....man, did he look slow and cumbersome .....and brain dead

Zac Taylor ....really loving how he's developed .....he's a lot tougher in the clinches than I thought, yes he's known as being skillful, but in tight he's clean, hard at it, and makes good decisions :whitecheck:

Curtin ....obviously being carried to get games, not doing enough .....but what he is doing is all class.
Good hands ...elite disposal and definitely a MID / FWD as I said in March ......another call I was ridiculed over

View attachment 2090524

Nankervis .....for a 24 game player, he's so composed .....yes does a bit much at times, however I prefer that, than a player playing too conservative ......he's a ripper

Gulden was ripping us apart in the first half .....close on 70 ranking points for the half, and not even Sholl could go with him for running power .....however Bond completely blanketed him in the 2nd half, after some HT instruction

Soligo .....just looks tired ....was ineffectual, and along with Berry & Crouch, was torn apart for power and running capacity
Crouch has been excellent the last 2 weeks, choosing to kick long rather than handball .....he even ignored a handball call at one stage to kick .....that's the Crouch we want to see

Berry ...just fumbled along yet again .....you can't have a Mid continuously fumbling ....he's a trade IMO

Thilthorpe ....will be awesome !

Murray ....needs a full PS ....better than I expected after an ACL ...but a long way off his best, and he hasn't the confidence yet to fly for those trademark marks
Pretty accurate, except I thougt Berry basically got rid of the fumbles of the previous two weeks, but got far fewer first touches. He was more effective.

Ugly

Their 2 highest possession winners , Blakey and Roberts had combined metres gained 1,150 whereas our highest possession winners, the sky high duo crouch and laird had around 450 metres gained 😡😞
LOL

Comparing running defenders with an inside mid in Matt Crouch, nice try but no cigar.

Pretty accurate, except I thougt Berry basically got rid of the fumbles of the previous two weeks, but got far fewer first touches. He was more effective.
You have to remember though, the pressure of last night was much lower than against PORT .....you'd expect Berry's two grabbing balls to reduce .....and if he was playing SANFL, you'd notice no fumbling

We have to look at players, capable of handling the heat of Final Football ....and Berry won't

It's not a skill you can fix .....even in his first handful of games, under pressure he's never experienced B4 .....Curtin and Zac Taylor are both clean ball handlers

Turning it off 5 minutes into the 3rd when you could see they just weren't trying (who could blame them?) and I could do something else.
Our Crows have become a dispirited rabble.
It was hard to watch; I ended up having fun in the Game Day thread (was more fun than the game itself).

View attachment 2090524
Cute. Should we go back and find all your horrendous calls too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good: We went out for the evening so I didn’t watch the game live.
I watched the mini on Kayo last night and it was mercifully brief.
The season is over. I say that I’ve stopped caring and am less passionate, but I know that by the time we start next season I’ll probably be full of false optimism.

The bad: Five years in and we aren’t getting better. Despite Nicks talking it up the results tell differently.
Watching Smith, Laird and probably Tex in the twilight of their careers. All these guys have been great players for us. I’m undecided on Tex, if he can do a full preseason I’m hoping he can at least play a role for us next season. Fingers crossed.

LOL

Comparing running defenders with an inside mid in Matt Crouch, nice try but no cigar.
Point entirely missed by you . Their main possession winners were those that can damage by foot. Ours are always the inside mids. It’s a reflection on our impotent game plan imo

Point entirely missed by you . Their main possession winners were those that can damage by foot. Ours are always the inside mids. It’s a reflection on our impotent game plan imo
No point missed by you, of course a running defender/wingman is going to have far bigger numbers than an inside mid when it comes to metres gained, they are generally getting their possessions in space, inside mids not so much. It's why Brodie Smith was valued so highly until recent times.

I can totally understand why you feel the need to invent arguments that you supposedly won. There are so few actual examples.

I can totally understand why you feel the need to invent arguments that you supposedly won. There are so few actual examples.
In the fullness of time young padawan ....took 10 years to be right with Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back