Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

In the fullness of time young padawan ....took 10 years to be right with Mackay

No, the passage of time won't change that you invented the whole getting ridiculed for the Curtin take thing.

One of the great medical advancements in this area is that there is actually colonoscopy prep that tastes good now (Plenvu)
Good to hear they've finally got around to it.

ColonLYTELY is horrible tasting stuff - that advice I got for using a straw and a dash of Bickfords Original brown lime cordial came from one of the gastro nurses (who no doubt heard hundreds of complaints about it). It works a charm if you're stuck with it (and are ideally at home to prepare).

ColonLYTELY is horrible tasting stuff - that advice I got for using a straw and a dash of Bickfords Original brown lime cordial came from one of the gastro nurses (who no doubt heard hundreds of complaints about it). It works a charm if you're stuck with it (and are ideally at home to prepare).
Is the straw long enough😲

Went to the game last night and Murphy is shocking bad

I can’t see any value in him as a player or a leader, it begs the question why the players voted him in the leadership group and how does he keep getting selected

I lost count the amount of times he went to ground, he lost almost every 1+1 contest, he doesn’t hit the scoreboard and he offers no forward pressure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's in the leadership group because Nix wants him in there.

Still waiting for him to be right about his "WMJ will be a gun midfielder" call...

At least he actually held that position.

The guy trying to pretend he's an iconoclastic visionary fighting the tide on the idea that a 200cm guy with mobility could be useful up forward after having spent most of the season defending not playing him because of perceived failures as a key defender is a bit much, even for the comic relief.

The original stuff I had to take was horrible. There were two solutions, the second one "Picoprep" tasted like a combination of chalk, metal and bile. It was the most horrible substance I've ever consumed. And if you didn't clean the cup out immediately and thoroughly, any sediment would harden into a concrete like consistency.

No point missed by you, of course a running defender/wingman is going to have far bigger numbers than an inside mid when it comes to metres gained, they are generally getting their possessions in space, inside mids not so much. It's why Brodie Smith was valued so highly until recent times.
Our highest possession players are inside mids because we don’t back a running defender/ wingman game plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were never right about Mackay, the club was wrong to play him for so long, definition of a mediocre senior player, yay for you

I'm confused what was proven right about Mackay. He retired with zero personal or team achievements

I'm prepping for a colonoscopy at the moment, so I'm feeling blah as hell. If I wasn't essentially chair-bound I would have turned it off. That was the football equivalent of a wet blanket.

I shouldn't have bothered to have my low-residue diet, watching the match gave me the shits all by itself!

Thank goodness I can stop watching this garbage each week. Bring on the AFLW season, cancel the men's finals and nuke the MCG.
All the best, prep really opens up,the sluices

The season is over. I say that I’ve stopped caring and am less passionate, but I know that by the time we start next season I’ll probably be full of false optimism.
Yeah, same here, especially if we get a good mid in the draft and trade in some skilled experience .. ANB?
The bad: Five years in and we aren’t getting better. Despite Nicks talking it up the results tell differently.
Yep; there's no way/s to put a positive spin on his Coaching record and diving us back down to 15th., where we were in 2021 :madv1: .
Watching Smith, Laird and probably Tex in the twilight of their careers. All these guys have been great players for us. I’m undecided on Tex, if he can do a full preseason I’m hoping he can at least play a role for us next season. Fingers crossed.
I thought Laird played his best @ HB --- speedy rebounder --- so much so that Pyke said in 2017 (stoopidly) if he was an Opposition Coach, he'd tag Laird :oops:.
Smithers, too, another speedy rebounder, strong and capable of a long goal on the run. Not any more.
They are both cooked now. Liabilities. Gotta go.

Tex :think::huh:, I dunno. I think he'd make a great forwards line Coach.
Fogarty 41 goals in 2024 :thumbsu::thumbsu:; Keays 34 (!! :thumbsu:), Rachele 30, Rankine 29.
Are Tex's 29 goals in 18 games enough to give him another year? His 2022 stats (also 18 games) are comparable except for one; back then, he kicked 47 goals.
I love the bloke and he has not deteriorated as much as Laird/Smith, but his ground work has slowed a lot.
If they retire him I'll accept. If they give him another year, I'll hope it's not one too many and another good preseason under Burgess brings him back breathing fire.
All five forwards would benefit from better midfield supply, so let's hope?

I'm confused what was proven right about Mackay. He retired with zero personal or team achievements
Well Sam Mitchell must have seen something he likes to give him the development coach gig at the high flying Hawks?

Went to the game last night and Murphy is shocking bad
Undeniably. He's a horror show of an AFL footballer.
I can’t see any value in him as a player or a leader, it begs the question why the players voted him in the leadership group and how does he keep getting selected
Leadership was Coach's pick. Betcha.
Not even our blokes are dumb enough to vote for Murphy as a leader.
I lost count the amount of times he went to ground, he lost almost every 1+1 contest, he doesn’t hit the scoreboard and he offers no forward pressure.
AND zero Leadership imo.
By any measure, he's a failure. Someone posted his last quarter stats in 2024; low enough to make me think it was a mistake, but NO --- the only mistake is the one that Nicks makes, week after week, in selecting him.

Last weekend took a lot out of them I would say. Interesting to see how port goes with more motivation
PA never have more motivation than when playing the Crows.
Beating us last week COMPLETES them, entirely, players and supporters all.
If they made the GF and lost, they'd all be hanging off last week's win as consolation.

However, they'll certainly be motivated NOT to flatten an unaware opponent :sneaky:.

That sniping dog Houston's a big loss for their defence (about which I am delighted, btw).

Mate, what? Fogarty ...?
In 2024 he's been a top-8 player, works harder now, is physical with positive impact in several games.
We will disagree on him

Overrated since day one..getting credit for being mediocre

Tex Walker kicked 76 goals as an old man last season alone

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R24: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back