Preview RD 16 Geelong v Essendon Sat Jun 29 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking a few meat trays may need an update...

Yep. But I like my meat tray better now for sure!

Out. Hawkins, 2E, Mullin
In. Neale, Knevitt, Conway

It could be that they still with SDK in ruck (makes no sense to me that they make such a big change and only for a week) in which case Conway would not play and maybe we get the debut we want

Yep. But I like my meat tray better now for sure!

Out. Hawkins, 2E, Mullin
In. Neale, Knevitt, Conway

It could be that they still with SDK in ruck (makes no sense to me that they make such a big change and only for a week) in which case Conway would not play and maybe we get the debut we want

Any debutant in particular or just a debutant in general?

Any debutant in particular or just a debutant in general?
Left it open so more people can enjoy substituting in their favs.

I think with Danger playing (and Bowes as an option for MF) then Lawson would be a more likely debutant.

To be honest I don’t think we will in fact get one this week (which is why it wasn’t in my meat tray).

The only real “surprise” I think we could get is if they don’t pick Conway (or Stanley) and put Mannagh in (maybe as sub) as well as Neale

Now to make this a perfect night we just need Hawkins to have the same recovery as that Afghan cricketer today who looks like he suffered a severe leg injury (with no contact) - had to be carried off…enough to delay the game when ahead and rain coming - but recovered when rain stopped to be able to get a wicket very soon after.

Tom should get whatever spray he had!

Now to make this a perfect night we just need Hawkins to have the same recovery as that Afghan cricketer today who looks like he suffered a severe leg injury (with no contact) - had to be carried off…enough to delay the game when ahead and rain coming - but recovered when rain stopped to be able to get a wicket very soon after.

Perhaps he had Mr Miyagi in the rooms.

If nothing else, there's a lesson to be learned about regurgitating the same thing over and over here.

I want Conway in and Stanley rested for the 4th quarter last weekend has me not sleeping right

I posed the question about that during the VFL game, but think it got somewhat overlooked due to the closeness of the game

I can think of a few reasons for the decision they made in regards to Conway, Stanley & Edwards on the weekend, but the question is were any of them part of their decision making process:

- They wanted more run in the last & hence decided to bench one of the rucks, in this case Stanley - he's the oldest of the rucks & provides the least run, so made sense to have him warming the pine

- They wanted to test Conway to see what he'd offer in that situation. After 204 games, the coaches have an idea of Stanley, but this was a chance to see if Conway could stand up when the heat is on

- Stanley has a finite number of minutes left in his knees. Right now it's about managing his match time in the VFL so he maintains a level of match fitness SHOULD he be required for the seniors, but not over doing it. So he was only ever playing 3/4s, especially with the options available to us on Sunday; doesn't mean he's in line to play Saturday

Surely worse case...
- Stanley has a finite number of minutes left in his knees & they want him available for Saturday night...

We need to realise that personnel changes aren't going to fix this. We've got a very similar team that we've had even during our winning streak.

Having said that, it looks like:

-Stanley will take the ruck this week
-Neale will come in for Hawkins and I think he is ready
-Mullin and Clark (both who will be solid in the future) need to delevop a little more in the twos. Not sure who replaces them though

So, in summary:
Ins: Stanley, Neale, Hardie (?)
Outs: Hawkins, Mullin, Clark

But they won't do that. Just to bug me.

Either way, personnel changes won't make that big a deal. It's about changing our gamestyle. We still think it's 2022.

Really? Selwood had some major anger issues on the field too..
Joel coped with the stress of the role and lift his teammates up , Stewart appears to be the opposite and has started to berate his teammates and lash out against the opposition.

Hence the temperament remark of the role

I posed the question about that during the VFL game, but think it got somewhat overlooked due to the closeness of the game

I can think of a few reasons for the decision they made in regards to Conway, Stanley & Edwards on the weekend, but the question is were any of them part of their decision making process:

- They wanted more run in the last & hence decided to bench one of the rucks, in this case Stanley - he's the oldest of the rucks & provides the least run, so made sense to have him warming the pine

- They wanted to test Conway to see what he'd offer in that situation. After 204 games, the coaches have an idea of Stanley, but this was a chance to see if Conway could stand up when the heat is on

- Stanley has a finite number of minutes left in his knees. Right now it's about managing his match time in the VFL so he maintains a level of match fitness SHOULD he be required for the seniors, but not over doing it. So he was only ever playing 3/4s, especially with the options available to us on Sunday; doesn't mean he's in line to play Sunday

Surely worse case...
- Stanley has a finite number of minutes left in his knees & they want him available for Saturday night...
I needed you to tell me this before I went to bed and tried to sleep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of people dropping Mullin but not brining in a defender. We kind of have to serve potatoes or doritos at this party I think

Bring in an extra midfielder and push Atkins back into defence. Problem solved.

Either him or one of the quartet of midfielders who have been banging on the door in the VFL for the best part of the last two months (Hardie, Knevitt, Stevens or Clohesy).

4 of our 7 wins came with Dangerfield out on the field

6 of the 7 losses came with him sitting in the stands or coaches box - if there's questions about our attitude during that time, wouldn't that be on the then acting captain Tom Stewart?
That's why in discussions about captaincy, I have heard from several club workers, he is not the ideal choice. No need to elaborate, but ability as a player is clearly not the issue.

I will hold off on declaring Guthrie cooked. If he can get a full pre season next year I think he could have a good year

He had a full pre-season this year

And then hurt his quad 10seconds into his first match in 6 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back