Game Day RD 16 Geelong v Essendon Sat Jun 29 730pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably 2E, Chuckie, or Shark will be sub.

This was team selection on Thursday - and while it seems the sub doesn't need to come from the bench, we've been sticking with that method though, so I'd be going Merrick the Shark as sub tonight

Backs38. Jack Henry16. Sam De Koning 8. Jake Kolodjashnij
Half Backs17. Lawson Humphries 44. Tom Stewart 39. Zach Guthrie
Centreline2. Zach Tuohy 9. Max Holmes 28. Oliver Dempsey
Half Forwards45. Brad Close 5. Jeremy Cameron 32. Gryan Miers
Forwards18. Tyson Stengle 33. Shannon Neale 23. Gary Rohan
Followers46. Mark Blicavs 35. Patrick Dangerfield 30. Tom Atkins
Interchange12. Jack Bowes 13. Jhye Clark 22. Mitch Duncan
10. Mitch Knevitt 42. Mark O’Connor
Emergencies1. Rhys Stanley 3. Brandan Parfitt 14. Connor O’Sullivan

This was team selection on Thursday - and while it seems the sub doesn't need to come from the bench, we've been sticking with that method though, so I'd be going Merrick the Shark as sub tonight

Backs38. Jack Henry16. Sam De Koning8. Jake Kolodjashnij
Half Backs17. Lawson Humphries44. Tom Stewart39. Zach Guthrie
Centreline2. Zach Tuohy9. Max Holmes28. Oliver Dempsey
Half Forwards45. Brad Close5. Jeremy Cameron32. Gryan Miers
Forwards18. Tyson Stengle33. Shannon Neale23. Gary Rohan
Followers46. Mark Blicavs35. Patrick Dangerfield30. Tom Atkins
Interchange12. Jack Bowes13. Jhye Clark22. Mitch Duncan
10. Mitch Knevitt42. Mark O’Connor
Emergencies1. Rhys Stanley3. Brandan Parfitt14. Connor O’Sullivan
I wondered about Duncan but think you might be right. I thought maybe they start with MOC and have him tag - but I think we might see Atkins play the tagging role which will be interesting.

you would know but does Tom have a history of tagging? If so a good one?

I wondered about Duncan but think you might be right. I thought maybe they start with MOC and have him tag - but I think we might see Atkins play the tagging role which will be interesting.

you would know but does Tom have a history of tagging? If so a good one?

Tom has done some run with type roles, but not sure how successfully he's necessarily been compared with just more of a standard defensive midfield role where he still tries to win the ball when it's there to be won

Blicavs seems to have been used more as a tagger than Atkins

I'm not opposed to someone like Duncan or Tuohy as sub, but I genuinely can't remember the last time we selected a 200+ game player to start as sub - and before someone mentions Chapman, I'm meaning from the latest iteration of the sub rule

So I am not sure whether you were calling me a half wit or saying I was extraordinary smart 😬

Oh you duffer 😊

Einstein GIF

Alexis - Boop.gif

For empirical confirmation:

Screen Shot 2024-06-29 at 15.17.52.png

I'm not opposed to someone like Duncan or Tuohy as sub, but I genuinely can't remember the last time we selected a 200+ game player to start as sub - and before someone mentions Chapman, I'm meaning from the latest iteration of the sub rule

Gary Rohan is on 198 career games. Close enough for me.

That’s a great jumper…amazing to see all their original clubs presented in that way. Tempted to buy but I’ve got a few untouched in the cupboard already so better not. Thanks for sharing🙂.

I know bids will increase, but at the moment some of these may be an affordable option...

I admire your optimism. I suspect we're going to get absolutely pantsed.

Dont know what you base that on

They struggled last week in Melb against West Coast , 16th and they are going pretty ordinary - took them a hell of a long time to shake free of the Eagles

I thought Dangerfield moved well against Carlton , ran out of gas which was understandable - he could be cherry ripe tonight

Hawkins , terrible whats happened to him , but just focussing on this game , im quite excited and looking forward to seeing how the Geel forward line fares without him in it

The 1st 12 or so teams on the ladder , and as seen re Bris at home to Melb and Swans home to Frem , there is nothing much between the top 10-12 sides

Youve got to give a tip and i think Geelong will win , stung by last weeks loss , plus Ess arent as good as Carlton , Danger has a game under his belt , Cats by 15-20 and they will lead all the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know what you base that on

On paper we look like we match up well against them.

On the field we have not been playing as a team, and as individual players have been playing with zero confidence.

Unless that changes in a big hurry, Essendon are going to eat us alive.

Even though I'm an inveterate pessimist who nearly always assumes the worst will happen, I weirdly feel like we're a good chance tonight despite our horrendous form lately. Maybe it's just my excitement about Humphries' debut talking but I'm looking forward to this. :thumbsu:
Go in with the right mindset, and tonight could be one of the most enjoyable games we've had in a while for mine.

Just look for signs from Humphries, Holmes, Dempsey, Knevitt, Neale, SDK, & Clark. That's what it's all about really.

Hopefully they perform and we can see the bones of our next premiership side starting to come together.

Might sound odd, but if that happens then a win is just gravy IMO.

First home game missed in close to two decades I reckon.

Vline making this too irritating. You'd think after 18 months that a trip to Waurn Ponds would get a train but evidently not.

Trying to co-ordinate bus to Geelong. Train, then city loop and repeat on the way back is too much hassle. Order a pizza and watch on the couch.

Maybe they'll have their shit together by next year's games at the G.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back