Autopsy Rd 18 Blues storm home to beat Pies and honour Serge

Who played well for the Blues vs the Pies in Round 18?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay, Williamson was VERY good as the defensive forward in the last quarter. Was hitting the loose ball at pace and was unlucky not to hit the scoreboard. He's a very good kick and I think he could become dangerous in front of goal whilst shutting down an opposition rebounder... Perhaps his apprenticeship down back, whilst extremely uncomfortable at times, will ultimately help him become a more rounded player?

Good coaching move.

Chol is an Unrestricted Free Agent.
Even if he wasn't he's not worth a 1st round pick.
I don't want Chol.

Nothing against the bloke, but in a better team he's shown less then most of their players. I'd rather take Ratugolea, and I don't want him either. There's only so much teasing a footy fan can take before one decides, "****ing nope!" to each player that flirts with the most amazing marks or taps or gathers whilst simultaneously making the worst mistakes. I'm almost done with Liam Jones - despite the fact that he's been a bloody good footballer for a while now - and I don't want a bar of either of them.

Of all the positions, the ones you want consistency from most is KPD and your ruck. I am more than willing to lose the ruck contest from time to time; what I'm not willing to have happen is the unpredictability that comes from having a dice roll as a KPF or a ruckman.

Has stocker been banned for life yet?
On one hand, this is a joke and I don't see how they can suspend him. On the other, there's every chance that they make something up on the spot to ensure that they get him.

In any case, I want the following in each contract stipulation from this point: If you are cited for making undue contact or for any penalty warranting suspension that is derived from protection of a teammate, with or without the ball, you will receive full match fee for any games you are suspended.

**** Michael Christian, and **** the AFL establishment right up until they make a system that is consistent.

I don't want Chol.

Nothing against the bloke, but in a better team he's shown less then most of their players. I'd rather take Ratugolea, and I don't want him either. There's only so much teasing a footy fan can take before one decides, "******* nope!" to each player that flirts with the most amazing marks or taps or gathers whilst simultaneously making the worst mistakes. I'm almost done with Liam Jones - despite the fact that he's been a bloody good footballer for a while now - and I don't want a bar of either of them.

Of all the positions, the ones you want consistency from most is KPD and your ruck. I am more than willing to lose the ruck contest from time to time; what I'm not willing to have happen is the unpredictability that comes from having a dice roll as a KPF or a ruckman.

I don't want to go long-term relying on Jack to be our back-up ruck, and I really don't think we're going to want to use H or Charlie there. So we're going to need a replacement for Levi to give The King a chop-out.
It's unlikely that they're going to be a gun. And you don't want to spend that much currency on that type.
Could do worse than Chol for free.

We writing the script after the fact? Many had us losing all of the past 4 games, but we have won 3 of them

Unlike other sides, we have played all the top 8 sides apart from Port and haven't been spanked by any of them, so our run home is decent
our current position on the ladder was as expected....had a tough draw first half of season
Russell does have this group primed to work trough a season
we could make the eight, it wont make much diff anyway going rounds with the finals contenders anyway ..
We do need a group of great coaches to pull this together in a professional way .....it doesnt have to mean replace anything,just maybe a few tweaks and or swaps and or attitude changes
Need some spirit injected directly into this group......

I don't want Chol.

Nothing against the bloke, but in a better team he's shown less then most of their players. I'd rather take Ratugolea, and I don't want him either. There's only so much teasing a footy fan can take before one decides, "******* nope!" to each player that flirts with the most amazing marks or taps or gathers whilst simultaneously making the worst mistakes. I'm almost done with Liam Jones - despite the fact that he's been a bloody good footballer for a while now - and I don't want a bar of either of them.

Chol has played 28 games as a late developing tall off the rookie list, still has huge upside. Don't think it's fair to say he's shown comparatively little, he's having a great season and will only getting better with more responsibility. Hit out average has jumped from 6 to 15.4 this season, I really like him and think he's a perfect Casboult replacement. Who we could get for free (in terms of trade collateral) given his UFA status.

As for the Jones comments, I know you're a contrarian but you've gone too far! :rainbow:

Loved this from Stocker. I watched the last quarter again today, he hits Mihocek so hard he dislocates Callum Brown’s shoulder.
I think it was Mihocek?...well a Pies player ...had their hand on Weiter's throat. Is there ever a reason to do that?
Should be fined.

On one hand, this is a joke and I don't see how they can suspend him. On the other, there's every chance that they make something up on the spot to ensure that they get him.

In any case, I want the following in each contract stipulation from this point: If you are cited for making undue contact or for any penalty warranting suspension that is derived from protection of a teammate, with or without the ball, you will receive full match fee for any games you are suspended.

fu** Michael Christian, and fu** the AFL establishment right up until they make a system that is consistent.
Money for nothing and HITS for free. Good club Carlton ****ing. Destination club for Talented Thugs. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to go long-term relying on Jack to be our back-up ruck, and I really don't think we're going to want to use H or Charlie there. So we're going to need a replacement for Levi to give The King a chop-out.
Why?

Jack won multiple direct contests with Grundy on the weekend, and won multiple clearances from the centre stoppage as an extra mid as opposed to a genuine ruckman. I'm not going to say that he's always going to do this, or that it's always going to work, but I'd rather play the single ruckman and use Cripps+Jack as the second ruck option instead of the hybrid.
It's unlikely that they're going to be a gun. And you don't want to spend that much currency on that type.
Could do worse than Chol for free.
It is unlikely that said second ruck will be worth taking a midfielder's slot in the 22, and it is unlikely that they're going to be good enough to take the second or third tall role ahead of the ball. In short, the hybrid ruck/KPF role isn't going to be able to match a genuine 3rd target, and isn't going to match a ruckman's input.

Given that they're not going to match a genuine midfielder's input or a 2nd/3rd target, I'd rather use a genuine utility 3rd tall like Jack or an inside mid with height like Cripps - if you don't want to risk Cripps in the ruck, use Jack instead - and essentially view their input into the ruck as a bonus.

I don't care about winning the ruck. I'd rather win the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol has played 28 games as a late developing tall off the rookie list, still has huge upside. Don't think it's fair to say he's shown comparatively little, he's having a great season and will only getting better with more responsibility. Hit out average has jumped from 6 to 15.4 this season, I really like him and think he's a perfect Casboult replacement. Who we could get for free (in terms of trade collateral) given his UFA status.
I get that Chol could turn out to be an extremely good player, believe me I do; my complaint there has more to do with how I value the role over the player who plays it.

I'd rather we went for the bloke who can play legitimately any role onfield (Jack) or an extra midfielder (Cripps) than I would the player who is worse on the ground than he is overhead, and who is worse overhead than a genuine KPP. I don't really care for the ruck or winning that position; I'd rather plan to lose the ruck whenever Jack/Cripps is in there, and to have both the extra mid once the ball hits the ground and the additional speed within the contest.

As for the Jones comments, I know you're a contrarian but you've gone too far! :rainbow:
;)

I think it was Mihocek?...well a Pies player ...had their hand on Weiter's throat. Is there ever a reason to do that?
Should be fined.
I think that it was Stocker that the pies player had their hand on their throat. I was waiting for the umpire to blow the whistle for a free kick... then I remembered the umpires would do that sort of shit unless it was a Carlton player with their hand on an opposition players throat.

I think that it was Stocker that the pies player had their hand on their throat. I was waiting for the umpire to blow the whistle for a free kick... then I remembered the umpires would do that sort of sh*t unless it was a Carlton player with their hand on an opposition players throat.
Na was def Weiters

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 18 Blues storm home to beat Pies and honour Serge

Back