Preview Rd 18 Changes and pre-match discussion vs Hawks @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks only play the one key forward, don't they? We can probably replace Logue with a mid-sized defender.

Out: Logue, Simpkin, young and laz
In: Powell, wardlaw, Phillips and ziebell

I put Ziebell in even though I don’t want him in but the club will as the Logue replacement
Further to this the temptation like I mentioned would be Ziebell to replace Logue but we should bring in bonar or Goater instead who has looked good in the vfl today

Last edited:
Out: Logue (knee), Simpkin (concussion), McDonald (common sense), Young (omit)

In: Phillips, Powell, Wardlaw, Bonar/Dawson/whichever defender plays best in VFL today
I lol'd.

Realistic outs:
Logue, Simpkin, Perez, Ziebell

Realistic ins:
Phillips, Wardlaw, Bergman, Shiels

CCJ stays in for structure and for the fact that he's a more natural forward than Goldy or X, even though he doesn't deserve it. Young stays in to be the third tall and Corr (god help us) takes the second key forward. I hopefully don't waste another afternoon watching a pitiful performance. Simple

Titanic, deck chairs, shuffling.
I'm not sure what happened at the club between the Poort game and the Sydney game, but it feels like something similar could happen here. I'm well versed with the definition of insanity but if we lose this one convincingly, at a stadium that we've been ok at, then it'll be Titanic time. For now we're heading towards the iceberg slowly rather than hurtling at it

In: Phillips, Goldstein, Wardlaw, Bergman, Hansen Jr.
Out: Simpkin, Logue, Coleman-Jones, Young, Curtis

Xerri can't handle Hawthorn's rucks alone, needs Goldy to keep anywhere near them. Would prefer they dropped McDonald and gave Young another chance but you already know they won't. Hansen Jr. might be a bit premature but why not, but if they don't want to rush him then try Spicer again I guess.

Maybe try Taylor as the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Logue, Laz, Jy
In: Warlord, don’t really care. Dawson?

Would be absolutely thrilled to see LMac rested/managed/walked into Clarkos office and said I’m not playing up to my usual standard I’ll take a month off to rest but won’t happen.

We’ll be competitive to half time before the Hawks make a small tinker and shift some useless potato like Wingard to the forward pocket who’ll jag 3 second half goals, along with upping the ante on the ol pressure gauge and we’ll crumble. Can’t wait, sign me up for next year.

Hall injured in the vfl.
oh-no-anyway.gif

Out: Logue, Simpkin, Lmac, Young
In: Phillips, Wardlaw, Bergman, Dawson

Lmac needs to go. Would rather go in with no captain at this point.

Would like Powell to come in too. Can’t be that hard to find room.

Do the coaches dislike Dawson?

Out: LMac, Logue, Simpkin, Young, Curtis
In: Wardlaw, Phillips, Dawson, Hansen Jnr, Goater

Send a msg to our captains. It isn't good enough. Simpkin just signed a long term deal...now perform. Our senior players need to extract a digit and lead.

Definitely no to Bonar. 1 more week in the VFL for Archer.

I'm not sure what happened at the club between the Poort game and the Sydney game, but it feels like something similar could happen here. I'm well versed with the definition of insanity but if we lose this one convincingly, at a stadium that we've been ok at, then it'll be Titanic time. For now we're heading towards the iceberg slowly rather than hurtling at it
I've no doubt we can win next week. Not sure it'll come from anyone we bring in though.

I forgot about GGW. It will come from who we bring in.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've no doubt we can win next week. Not sure it'll come from anyone we bring in though.

I forgot about GGW. It will come from who we bring in.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I'm sure Ratts will be on the blower to George early next week. 'Yeah no pressure George, we just need you to single handedly turn our fortunes around'

Out: Jy (inj), Logue (inj), Ziebell, Young, Curtis, Greenwood & Tucker

In: Wardlaw, Dawson, Archer, Goater, Hansen Jnr & Phillips

B: Archer, McKay, Dawson
HB: Goater, Corr, Sheezel
C: Scott, Wardlaw, Ford
HF: Thomas, Larkey, Zurhaar
F: Hansen Jnr, CCJ, Harvey
Foll: Xerri, LDU, Phillips
Int: Stephenson, McDonald, Lazzaro, Perez
Sub: Tucker/Howe/Bergman

Hawks were competitive on the weekend after being thumped in the previous 2 weeks.

They will regain Sicily from suspension and one or both of Breust and Jiath from injury.

The bookies have them into 1.50 now - ie solid favourites.

We definitely need George back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back