Game Day Rd 18 Pies V Cats Fri July 12 2024 740 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought to myself this must be a typo. For a venue we've played at for 120 years this seemed low but alas 199 wins it is.

Some stats. 363 games played. Game 163 was R11 1989. 90 years after game 1. Next 35 years we've played 200 games.

Win 100 was R1 1996 v Melbourne. Which was also game 200 (100-1-99).

Now we're at 199-1-163. Not a bad record since 1996 for an away venue.

Trivia: can anyone guess the draw and what makes it special.

The draw was before my time - but was it our first game or maybe our 50th?

Love it!

Is it wine o'clock yet? Or is that a self evident truth?
Weeeellll, I only have one case of Bubbles for tonight, so may need to wait until 7:30. Must wait, in case I run out :joycat::joycat::joycat:

I Love Lucy Party GIF

PS. I'm the Dean Martin of BF ;)

Hopefully Ollie can find some form against his old side.

Although the forward line is looking much more damaging since big Hawk's been out, as sad as that is to say.

Do we reckon OHenry will be sub again? I would't mind Clark as sub and Henry playing a full game.

Feel Clark will be sub tonight. Henry to get full game. Fairly nervous for the game, but on the confident side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought to myself this must be a typo. For a venue we've played at for 120 years this seemed low but alas 199 wins it is.

Some stats. 363 games played. Game 163 was R11 1989. 90 years after game 1. Next 35 years we've played 200 games.

For 3/4s of the time period we would have only been playing Melbourne there before the rest of the teams sold out from their suburban venues in the AFL area.

Just cannot get enthused about this game, really flat, not me at all. A bit of disappointment it's Friday night + too difficult for our supporters to get the game.

Returned from bottle shop just now + guy there is a Richmond fan. So the convo goes:
Him: Big game against Collingwood tonight?
Me: Yes.
Him: Geelong keep losing, probably lose tonight.
Me: How's 18thmond going?
Him: We're talking about GEELONG! You lost seven in a row.
Me: We won the last two, lost previous two etc
Him: You won't make the eight, you won't play finals again this year.
Me: OK, still, we have a lot of young players + older players who are improving their form. At least Geelong, is doing well in transition, haven't done a 18thmond or North or Saints. We've covered Geelong, so how is 18thmond going? How much will you lose to GWS by?
Him: I'm happy if we lose by 50 points or less.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Elliott returns, who of all you clever people, do you think will go to him?

Hoping tonight will be a brutal contest with lots of athleticism + agility, like last week. No injuries please 🤞🤞🤞

Dangerfield is still magnificent, (crossing my fingers as I type) hasn't lost his strength, burst + bull tackling 🤞🤞🤞

Jezza (despite four goals) + Stengle have hopefully practised their goal kicking? Otherwise trade Stengle ;)

Loving SDK in ruck + playing through MF to defence. Miers better pull his socks up!

If Geelong wins tonight it will be our 200th win at MCG.
I am not flat but super nervous. More than normal.

It is because my head says we are a better line up tonight…so should win.

But worried that this is really make or break for the pies. They just can’t lose and recover. We don’t want to lose but can and still make finals (and maybe even still top 4 - although maybe make or break for that).

I am too nervous for a close game. Just want to start out the gates and get good lead but then build on it in the second quarter and not give Collingwood a chance.

I can always hope

Hopefully Ollie can find some form against his old side.

Although the forward line is looking much more damaging since big Hawk's been out, as sad as that is to say.

Do we reckon OHenry will be sub again? I would't mind Clark as sub and Henry playing a full game.
Instant thought is that they wont make Henry sub two weeks in a row. But then again they did with Rohan whilst Ollie was playing so maybe they will go one more as sub?

Otherwise Clark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone expecting a late change? Scott seemed to hint at Bews playing during the week. I’d be happy to see Clark come out for Bews.
No Stanley thank you

Just cannot get enthused about this game, really flat, not me at all. A bit of disappointment it's Friday night + too difficult for our supporters to get the game.

Returned from bottle shop just now + guy there is a Richmond fan. So the convo goes:
Him: Big game against Collingwood tonight?
Me: Yes.
Him: Geelong keep losing, probably lose tonight.
Me: How's 18thmond going?
Him: We're talking about GEELONG! You lost seven in a row.
Me: We won the last two, lost previous two etc
Him: You won't make the eight, you won't play finals again this year.
Me: OK, still, we have a lot of young players + older players who are improving their form. At least Geelong, is doing well in transition, haven't done a 18thmond or North or Saints. We've covered Geelong, so how is 18thmond going? How much will you lose to GWS by?
Him: I'm happy if we lose by 50 points or less.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Elliott returns, who of all you clever people, do you think will go to him?

Hoping tonight will be a brutal contest with lots of athleticism + agility, like last week. No injuries please 🤞🤞🤞

Dangerfield is still magnificent, (crossing my fingers as I type) hasn't lost his strength, burst + bull tackling 🤞🤞🤞

Jezza (despite four goals) + Stengle have hopefully practised their goal kicking? Otherwise trade Stengle ;)

Loving SDK in ruck + playing through MF to defence. Miers better pull his socks up!

If Geelong wins tonight it will be our 200th win at MCG.

Is BT moonlighting as a bottle shop attendant? Gotta love a footy convo with a brick dunny wall, no wonder you're flat.
Bubbles and Les Petites to wipe that memory out. ;)
I'm hoping SDK kicks the first goal - he knows where they are, see 22GF for old times sake.
Plus for $2 I get $82 back. :)

Would love a win again tonight, but I think the revved up and chastised Pies will want it slightly more than the again in form Cats for a narrow win. Beware the wounded Pies at the G on a cold Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back